|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of Jeffrey and Charlie's Great Australian novel?
(a) Jasper Jones: The True Cricket Champion.
(b) Truth McJustice and the Holy Grail.
(c) Mark Twain, Harper Lee, and Australia.
(d) Pope on a Rope: Truth Will Set You Free.
2. The memory of the peppermint trees at Eliza's house might be a symbol for which of the following?
(a) The loss of her friendship with Jeffrey.
(b) Jasper Jones's friendship.
(c) The heat and exhaustion of this terribly sad summer.
(d) The refreshing clarity Charlie feels with Eliza.
3. What of the following statements is NOT an indication that Charlie's relationship with his parents is strained?
(a) "What do you want?" (46).
(b) "He's too polite, that boy" (47).
(c) "Rip Van Winkle! The corpse has risen!" (45).
(d) "I trust you're enjoying your stay at our hotel" (46).
4. In Chapter One, what reason does the person give for coming to Charlie's house in the middle of the night?
(a) The person wants to borrow a book.
(b) The person is afraid of Mad Jack Lionel.
(c) The person needs Charlie's help.
(d) The person has witnessed a crime in action.
5. Why does Charlie's dad give him a stack of American books on Civil Rights in Chapter One?
(a) Charlie is putting too much emphasis on sports.
(b) Charlie claims to be bored during the summer.
(c) Charlie mentions feeling confused about Jasper's mixed racial heritage.
(d) Charlie's teachers have said he needs help with reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Lu not chastise Jeffrey and Charlie for cursing?
2. What murderer does Charlie NOT read about?
3. What movie does Charlie claim is giving him nightmares?
4. What does Charlie's father's silence in Chapter Three remind Charlie of?
5. What has happened to Jeffrey's family, as revealed in Chapter Four?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)