|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Five.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jasper trust Charlie?
(a) He and Charlie have been friends their entire lives.
(b) Charlie has always expressed the desire to be a defense attorney.
(c) He knows, based on the Charlie's bookish demeanor, that Charlie sees a truth the others cannot.
(d) Jasper has seen Charlie stick up for the underdog countless times.
2. Why does Charlie's dad give him a stack of American books on Civil Rights in Chapter One?
(a) Charlie claims to be bored during the summer.
(b) Charlie mentions feeling confused about Jasper's mixed racial heritage.
(c) Charlie is putting too much emphasis on sports.
(d) Charlie's teachers have said he needs help with reading.
3. For what do the larger boys NOT pick on Jeffrey?
(a) His size.
(b) His familiy's wealth.
(c) His Vietnamese heritage.
(d) His accent.
4. How has Jasper Jones NOT gained respect among the athletes of Corrigan?
(a) He is a good tackler.
(b) He can break bones.
(c) He is always kind.
(d) He wins games.
5. For what reason does An Lu NOT stand out in Corrigan?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is Vietnamese.
(c) He keeps an intricate garden.
(d) He is a strong athlete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jasper Jones's ethnic heritage?
2. Of what actress does Eliza remind Charlie?
3. Why is Charlie an outcast in Corrigan?
4. How does Jasper plan to buy himself some time to solve Laura's murder?
5. What book is Eliza reading in Chapter Three?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)