|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Charlie find Eliza in Chapter Three?
(a) Outside the bookstore.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) At the grove.
(d) At the library.
2. Who is guilty for the death of Sylvia Likens?
(a) Gertrude Baniszewski.
(b) Jenny Likens.
(c) The whole town where she was killed.
(d) The Likens parents.
3. Which of the following does NOT meet the description of Mad Jack?
4. What book is Eliza reading in Chapter Three?
(a) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(b) The Naked and the Dead.
(c) Breakfast at Tiffany's.
(d) Pudd'nhead Wilson.
5. Which is an example of a pun from Chapter Three?
(a) Charlie's comparison of his father to Atticus Finch.
(b) The fact that Eliza's favority actress is Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Charlie's response of "it's a grave matter" when his father says the hole will need to be big enough for both their bodies (110).
(d) The insects who "busy themselves around my lamp" (111).
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does his father give Charlie in Chapter Three about dealing with his mother?
2. Which character does Charlie most dread leaving behind in Chapter Seven?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Five, how long has it been since Laura's death and river burial?
4. To what literary character does Charlie connect Jasper Jones?
5. What does Charlie's father's silence in Chapter Three remind Charlie of?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)