|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT true regarding Charlie's response to discovering his mother's affair?
(a) He cries in sorrow.
(b) He is surprisingly calm.
(c) He wants to push their car into the water.
(d) He no longer feels like he must follow her directions.
2. What research captures Charlie's imagination at the library?
(a) The truth about Mad Jack Lionel.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) Corrigan's history of serial killers.
(d) Research on killers throughout history.
3. Which character does Charlie most dread leaving behind in Chapter Seven?
4. Which of the following is NOT true of Laura's last evening?
(a) Laura snuck out her window.
(b) Jasper had asked her to marry him and run away.
(c) Laura and her father had a physical altercation.
(d) Jasper had jilted her.
5. Where does Charlie find Eliza in Chapter Three?
(a) At the library.
(b) Outside her house.
(c) At the grove.
(d) Outside the bookstore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has become Jeffrey Lu's role model by Chapter Seven?
2. Which of the following is NOT true of Jack's experience the night Laura Wishart dies?
3. The memory of the peppermint trees at Eliza's house might be a symbol for which of the following?
4. Whom do Eliza and Charlie NOT encounter on their walk to the glade in Chapter Seven?
5. What figurative language is used in the following quote: "our flyscreen door claps against the side of the house" (99)?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)