|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
(a) He stops at dinner time.
(b) He stops at midnight.
(c) He decides to paddle through the night.
(d) He stops at dusk.
2. What holiday is coming up in Chapter 22?
(b) Winter Solstice.
(d) New Year's.
3. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
(a) The river is frozen so it is difficult to fish.
(b) There are too many people around for the amount of game.
(c) They don't know anything about the wilderness or the mountains.
(d) Everything looks the same when covered with snow.
4. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is not with Jason.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He runs away.
5. What is Jason's dog supposed to hate doing?
(a) Pulling anything heavy.
(b) Wearing a dog coat.
(c) Riding in a boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
2. What do the boys do to pass the time?
3. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
4. What does spring do for the river?
5. What does Jason find Charlie has done when he returns to the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason find the bear?
2. How does Jason's initial attempt to see Jamie go?
3. How does Jason finally get to see Jamie and what does she tell him?
4. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
5. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
6. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
7. What is Jason trying to hide from Charlie and when Charlie discovers it what does the boy realize? What is Jason's response?
8. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
9. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
10. What happens when Jason is at the bear cave?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)