|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) How to butcher it.
(b) Getting it to shore.
(c) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(d) How to preserve it.
2. What does Jason see for the first time?
(a) A grizzly bear.
(b) Herds of deer.
(c) The northern lights.
(d) A polar bear.
3. What does spring do for the river?
(a) Makes it dry up.
(b) It has no effect on the river.
(c) Makes it chunky with ice.
(d) Makes it passable.
4. Why is Jack looking poorly?
(a) He has TB.
(b) He did not find any gold.
(c) He broke his leg and it is infected.
(d) He contracted scruvy.
5. How many bears come out of the den?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason decide to do about getting supplies?
2. Who does Jason talk to a his brothers' business?
3. Where are people who are lost stranded?
4. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
5. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
2. What does Jason decide is their only option for survival?
3. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
4. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
5. What arrives with May and what happens to the cabin where Jason and Charlie have been staying?
6. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
7. How does Jason find the bear?
8. What significant day is coming up in Chapter 22 and how is that time of year affecting the people in the area?
9. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
10. What does Jason worry about at the lake and what does he decide he has to have?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)