|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
(a) Heitermeister told him about one that lives in the area.
(b) Goodbody told him about one that lives in the area.
(c) Rhodes told him about one that lives in the area.
(d) Henderson told him about one that lives in the area.
2. What breaks twice as Jason and Charlie are watching the river?
(b) The rocks on the river.
(c) The dam.
(d) The weather.
3. How long does Jason think it will take him to reach Dawson City after he leaves Lake Bennett?
(a) Two to three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) A month.
4. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
(a) He licks Jason's face.
(b) He growls.
(c) He sits down and watches Jason.
(d) He slinks away.
5. What is the part of the Yukon that splits into five channels called?
(a) Five Arms.
(b) Five Fingers.
(c) The Five Split.
(d) Five Sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
2. What makes the trip more pleasant for Jason?
3. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
4. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
5. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)