|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys do to pass the time?
(a) Write a journal.
(b) Read Scientific American.
(c) Paint pictures on the cabin walls.
(d) Play cards.
2. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
(a) He stops at dinner time.
(b) He stops at midnight.
(c) He stops at dusk.
(d) He decides to paddle through the night.
3. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) That he found so much gold.
(b) How much he has grown and endured.
(c) That he has Charlie with them.
(d) That he came there.
4. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
(a) His gun.
(b) His knife.
(c) His hat.
(d) His gloves.
5. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
(b) He lost sight of the animal.
(c) He is too tired to go on.
(d) He has to return to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first found gold in the area?
2. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
3. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
4. From where is Charlie originally?
5. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason's decision about paddling work out and what does he near at the end of Chapter 14?
2. How does Jason meet Charlie?
3. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
4. What does Jason decide is their only option for survival?
5. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
6. What happens when Jason is at the bear cave?
7. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
8. How does Jason's initial attempt to see Jamie go?
9. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
10. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)