|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
(b) He is too tired to go on.
(c) He has to return to eat.
(d) He lost sight of the animal.
2. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
3. What does Jason try to figure out when he finds a bear's den?
(a) How to get inside the den.
(b) How to get the bear outside.
(c) How to get the bear back to the cabin.
(d) Where to shoot a bear to kill it.
4. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
(a) Play a joke.
(b) Demand his inheritance.
(c) Scare them.
(d) Write them a letter.
5. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
(a) Extra furs for warmth.
(b) Vegetables and mushrooms.
(c) Fish and meat.
(d) Someone to take them back down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at a narrow part of the river?
2. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
3. What job does Charlie take with Jason's brothers?
4. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
5. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason know he must do at the river and how does King help him?
2. What do Jason and Charlie do when they leave the area of the cabin?
3. How does Jason find his brothers and what kind of prank does he decide to play?
4. What mistake does Jason make with a bull moose and what is the result?
5. What are others doing with the caribou and what does Jason do?
6. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
7. How does Jason find the bear?
8. What lies ahead on the river, who manages to pass it and how does the crowd feel about him?
9. How does Jason's decision about paddling work out and what does he near at the end of Chapter 14?
10. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)