|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
(a) Watching them play in the water.
(b) Stealing the babies.
(c) Scaring them away.
(d) Shooting them for meat.
2. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
(a) Extra furs for warmth.
(b) Fish and meat.
(c) Someone to take them back down.
(d) Vegetables and mushrooms.
3. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
(a) Hitch a ride on a large barge.
(b) Walk south towards Skagway.
(c) Get on the river.
(d) Hook up with a mule train.
4. Why does Jason all of a sudden understand the urgency to move forward?
(a) The Mounties stop him.
(b) Old timers are telling him.
(c) The weather begins to change drastically.
(d) People coming back are saying the gold is running out.
5. What does Jason find he has done in the morning?
(a) Gotten wet from sleeping near the water.
(b) Fallen asleep in the canoe.
(c) Dropped his first aid kit over board.
(d) Caught up to many of the boats that was ahead of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jason think it will take him to reach Dawson City after he leaves Lake Bennett?
2. What is Jason's dog supposed to hate doing?
3. What happens at a narrow part of the river?
4. What holiday is coming up in Chapter 22?
5. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason see Jamie again?
2. How does Jason's decision about paddling work out and what does he near at the end of Chapter 14?
3. What are others doing with the caribou and what does Jason do?
4. How does Jason's initial attempt to see Jamie go?
5. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
6. How does Jason find the bear?
7. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
8. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
9. How does the option in question #45 work out for Jason?
10. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)