|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the rapids considered so dangerous?
(a) The rocks are sharp granite.
(b) The water is almost a freezing temperatures.
(c) There are too many animals in the rapids.
(d) Box canyons, whirlpools and eddies.
2. Why are the bull moose fighting?
(a) There is not enough food.
(b) There are too many females.
(c) It is rutting season.
(d) There are too many males.
3. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He is killed.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is not with Jason.
4. What does Jason decide to do about getting supplies?
(a) Shoot a moose.
(b) Go to the Indian village.
(c) Put them on half rations.
(d) Put out rabbit traps.
5. What do Charlie and Jason plan to do about the holiday coming up?
(a) They plan to celebrate it.
(b) They will look for anyone who needs their help.
(c) They will eat an extra ration.
(d) They will ignore it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason all of a sudden understand the urgency to move forward?
2. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
3. What happens to the ice on the river as Jason and Charlie watch it in the spring?
4. Where does Jason see his first bull moose?
5. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)