|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
(a) Fort Klondike.
(b) Fort Sifton.
(c) Lake Thikitucah.
(d) The Straits of Yukon.
2. Why do Abe and Ethan come out of their office?
(a) To go home for the day.
(b) To meet Jason thinking he is someone else.
(c) To reprimand a worker.
(d) To go to lunch.
3. What does Jason finally realize about where the bear might be?
(a) In a cave in the mountains.
(b) Across the river.
(c) There is no bear around.
(d) It probably went south.
4. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
(a) He stops at dinner time.
(b) He stops at dusk.
(c) He decides to paddle through the night.
(d) He stops at midnight.
5. How does the reunion between Jason and his brothers go?
(a) They get into an argument.
(b) It is tense.
(c) It is quiet.
(d) It is joyous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
2. What does Jason reach at the end of Lake Bennett?
3. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
4. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
5. Who has saved Jason when he is injured by the bull moose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
2. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
3. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
4. What significant day is coming up in Chapter 22 and how is that time of year affecting the people in the area?
5. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
6. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
7. How does Jason meet Charlie?
8. What do Jason and Charlie do when they leave the area of the cabin?
9. What is Jason trying to hide from Charlie and when Charlie discovers it what does the boy realize? What is Jason's response?
10. What arrives with May and what happens to the cabin where Jason and Charlie have been staying?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)