|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason see for the first time?
(a) Herds of deer.
(b) A grizzly bear.
(c) The northern lights.
(d) A polar bear.
2. What is Dawson City nicknamed?
(a) The End of the Road.
(b) The Golden City.
(c) The Main Event.
(d) Fool's Paradise.
3. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
4. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
(a) Leave before the weather gets really bad.
(b) Help out around the cabin.
(c) Talk to Jason more.
(d) Learn how to live without a foot.
5. What are the merchants on the river selling?
(b) Milk and livestock and fruit.
(c) There are no merchants on the river.
(d) Maps to the gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
2. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
3. What does spring do for the river?
4. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
5. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason meet Charlie?
2. How does Jason see Jamie again?
3. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
4. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
5. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
6. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
7. How does Jason find his brothers and what kind of prank does he decide to play?
8. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
9. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
10. What does Charlie say to Jason which helps clear the air?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)