|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jason talk to a his brothers' business?
(a) The clerk.
(b) No one.
(c) One of the employees running a machine.
(d) The manager.
2. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Find his brothers.
(c) Hunt for gold.
(d) Get rid of Charlie.
3. What does Jason see for the first time?
(a) A polar bear.
(b) The northern lights.
(c) A grizzly bear.
(d) Herds of deer.
4. What happens to the ice on the river as Jason and Charlie watch it in the spring?
(a) It becomes thicker.
(b) It rises up.
(c) It thins out enough to cut.
(d) It stays the same.
5. What does Jason pick to eat to prevent scurvy?
(c) Rose hips and fruit.
(d) Mountain laurel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
2. Where are people who are lost stranded?
3. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
4. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
5. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason find the bear?
2. What significant day is coming up in Chapter 22 and how is that time of year affecting the people in the area?
3. How does Jason meet Charlie?
4. What happens when Jason is at the bear cave?
5. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
6. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
7. How does Jason's initial attempt to see Jamie go?
8. Where does Jason finally arrive in Chapter 14, how long does he stay and how many caribou are there?
9. What is Jason trying to hide from Charlie and when Charlie discovers it what does the boy realize? What is Jason's response?
10. What does Jason worry about at the lake and what does he decide he has to have?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)