|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(b) No one.
(c) Jack London.
2. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) How to preserve it.
(b) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(c) How to butcher it.
(d) Getting it to shore.
3. At what date does Jason reach the end of Lake Bennett?
(a) October 1.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 30.
(d) August 27.
4. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
5. What is in the tent Jason found?
(a) A dead dog.
(b) Two men frozen solid.
(d) One dead men and a lot of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason tell Charlie about Charlie being there?
2. What does Jason know he will have to do about the rapids?
3. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
4. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
5. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
2. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
3. How does Jason's decision about paddling work out and what does he near at the end of Chapter 14?
4. What does Jason know he must do at the river and how does King help him?
5. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
6. What does Charlie say to Jason which helps clear the air?
7. What does Jason worry about at the lake and what does he decide he has to have?
8. How does Jason find the bear?
9. What are others doing with the caribou and what does Jason do?
10. What mistake does Jason make with a bull moose and what is the result?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)