|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
(a) Scaring them away.
(b) Watching them play in the water.
(c) Shooting them for meat.
(d) Stealing the babies.
2. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
3. What does Jason tell Charlie about Charlie being there?
(a) Jason does not want him there.
(b) Jason needs him there.
(c) Jason does not care if he is there or not.
(d) Charlie will have to leave because there is not enough food.
4. Why are Jamie and Homer leaving Dawson City?
(a) To spend their gold.
(b) To find Jamie's mother.
(c) To tour the United States.
(d) To return home to farming.
5. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
(a) Charlie's father is coming to get him.
(b) Charlie's leg is infected.
(c) The food supply is growing low.
(d) Jason is planning to leave soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason reach at the end of Lake Bennett?
2. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
3. What job does Charlie take with Jason's brothers?
4. Who first found gold in the area?
5. Where does Jason see his first bull moose?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jason and Charlie do when they leave the area of the cabin?
2. What is Jason trying to hide from Charlie and when Charlie discovers it what does the boy realize? What is Jason's response?
3. What are others doing with the caribou and what does Jason do?
4. What mistake does Jason make with a bull moose and what is the result?
5. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
6. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
7. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
8. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
9. How does Jason find the bear?
10. How does Jason finally get to see Jamie and what does she tell him?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)