|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason decide to do about getting supplies?
(a) Go to the Indian village.
(b) Shoot a moose.
(c) Put them on half rations.
(d) Put out rabbit traps.
2. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) Getting it to shore.
(b) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(c) How to preserve it.
(d) How to butcher it.
3. Why are Jamie and Homer leaving Dawson City?
(a) To spend their gold.
(b) To find Jamie's mother.
(c) To tour the United States.
(d) To return home to farming.
4. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) That he came there.
(b) That he found so much gold.
(c) How much he has grown and endured.
(d) That he has Charlie with them.
5. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlie point out to Jason?
2. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
3. How many bears come out of the den?
4. What are some of the people on the river called?
5. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lies ahead on the river, who manages to pass it and how does the crowd feel about him?
2. What arrives with May and what happens to the cabin where Jason and Charlie have been staying?
3. Why is Jason frustrated with Charlie?
4. How does the option in question #45 work out for Jason?
5. How does Jason meet Charlie?
6. What are others doing with the caribou and what does Jason do?
7. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
8. How does Jason find his brothers and what kind of prank does he decide to play?
9. How does Jason find the bear?
10. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)