|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His hat.
(c) His gun.
(d) His knife.
2. What does Jason decide he must do about the Mounties?
(a) Make sure he has enough weight in his outfit.
(b) Develop a plan.
(c) Sneak by them.
(d) Bribe them.
3. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
(b) An entire day.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
4. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
(a) Goodbody told him about one that lives in the area.
(b) Rhodes told him about one that lives in the area.
(c) Henderson told him about one that lives in the area.
(d) Heitermeister told him about one that lives in the area.
5. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
(a) The river is frozen so it is difficult to fish.
(b) There are too many people around for the amount of game.
(c) Everything looks the same when covered with snow.
(d) They don't know anything about the wilderness or the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breaks twice as Jason and Charlie are watching the river?
2. What is Dawson City nicknamed?
3. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
4. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
5. What are some of the people on the river called?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
2. What mistake does Jason make with a bull moose and what is the result?
3. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
4. What lies ahead on the river, who manages to pass it and how does the crowd feel about him?
5. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
6. What does Jason know he must do at the river and how does King help him?
7. What is Jason trying to hide from Charlie and when Charlie discovers it what does the boy realize? What is Jason's response?
8. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
9. How does Jason see Jamie again?
10. How does Jason find the bear?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)