|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
(c) Frank Barker.
(d) Jack London.
2. What job does Charlie take with Jason's brothers?
(c) Assistant bookkeeper.
(d) He does not take a job with them.
3. What does Jason finally realize about where the bear might be?
(a) Across the river.
(b) It probably went south.
(c) There is no bear around.
(d) In a cave in the mountains.
4. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) That he found so much gold.
(b) That he has Charlie with them.
(c) That he came there.
(d) How much he has grown and endured.
5. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(a) No one.
(c) Jack London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack tell Jason he wants to be?
2. Why is Jack looking poorly?
3. What breaks twice as Jason and Charlie are watching the river?
4. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
5. What does Jason see for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
2. How does Jason meet Charlie?
3. How does Jason find his brothers and what kind of prank does he decide to play?
4. What does Jason worry about at the lake and what does he decide he has to have?
5. How does Jason find the bear?
6. What mistake does Jason make with a bull moose and what is the result?
7. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
8. What lies ahead on the river, who manages to pass it and how does the crowd feel about him?
9. What do Jason and Charlie do when they leave the area of the cabin?
10. Where does Jason finally arrive in Chapter 14, how long does he stay and how many caribou are there?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)