|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does spring do for the river?
(a) Makes it chunky with ice.
(b) Makes it passable.
(c) Makes it dry up.
(d) It has no effect on the river.
2. What does Jason know he will have to do about the rapids?
(a) Go fast and hope for the best.
(b) Portage to the next passable spot.
(c) Hire a guide.
(d) Make his dog run along the river following him.
3. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
4. What does Homer write for Jason?
(a) A small play.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) A story of Jason's travels.
5. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
(a) Heitermeister told him about one that lives in the area.
(b) Henderson told him about one that lives in the area.
(c) Rhodes told him about one that lives in the area.
(d) Goodbody told him about one that lives in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason tell Charlie about Charlie being there?
2. Who has saved Jason when he is injured by the bull moose?
3. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
4. About how many boats are on the river?
5. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason decide is their only option for survival?
2. What does Charlie say to Jason which helps clear the air?
3. What are others doing with the caribou and what does Jason do?
4. How does Jason find the bear?
5. What happens when Jason is at the bear cave?
6. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
7. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
8. How does Jason's decision about paddling work out and what does he near at the end of Chapter 14?
9. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
10. How does Jason's initial attempt to see Jamie go?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)