|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Homer write for Jason?
(a) A story of Jason's travels.
(b) A poem.
(c) A letter of introduction.
(d) A small play.
2. Why is Jack looking poorly?
(a) He did not find any gold.
(b) He broke his leg and it is infected.
(c) He contracted scruvy.
(d) He has TB.
3. What job does Charlie take with Jason's brothers?
(a) Assistant bookkeeper.
(d) He does not take a job with them.
4. What does Alex McDonald give Charlie?
(a) All the gold he can carry.
(b) A sturdy horse.
(c) A place to live.
(d) A job.
5. What breaks twice as Jason and Charlie are watching the river?
(a) The rocks on the river.
(b) The dam.
(d) The weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
2. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
3. How are conditions for Jason to walk about?
4. What happens to the ice on the river as Jason and Charlie watch it in the spring?
5. What makes the trip more pleasant for Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason see Jamie again?
2. How does Jason find the bear?
3. How does the option in question #45 work out for Jason?
4. What happens when Jason is at the bear cave?
5. Where does Jason finally arrive in Chapter 14, how long does he stay and how many caribou are there?
6. What arrives with May and what happens to the cabin where Jason and Charlie have been staying?
7. What does Charlie say to Jason which helps clear the air?
8. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
9. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
10. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)