|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
(a) He barters for food but they do not want anything he offers.
(b) There are dead in each place.
(c) They are all empty.
(d) The villages are empty and the man in the cabin is dead.
2. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) How to preserve it.
(b) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(c) How to butcher it.
(d) Getting it to shore.
3. What does Jason decide to do about getting supplies?
(a) Put them on half rations.
(b) Put out rabbit traps.
(c) Go to the Indian village.
(d) Shoot a moose.
4. How does the reunion between Jason and his brothers go?
(a) It is quiet.
(b) They get into an argument.
(c) It is tense.
(d) It is joyous.
5. What sign does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) Title and Deeds Office.
(b) Lost and Found.
(c) Hawthorn Merchant Store.
(d) Hawthorn Brothers Sawmill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
2. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
3. At what date does Jason reach the end of Lake Bennett?
4. How long are the rapids that are ahead of Jason?
5. What does Jason see at a village that he follows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
2. What does Charlie say to Jason which helps clear the air?
3. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
4. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
5. How does Jason see Jamie again?
6. What lies ahead on the river, who manages to pass it and how does the crowd feel about him?
7. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
8. How does Jason finally get to see Jamie and what does she tell him?
9. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
10. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)