|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Sowerby and Bacon.
(b) Johnson and Flynn.
(c) Robinson and Bailey.
(d) Preston and Jackson.
2. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
(a) Two horses and a carriage.
(b) His stock shares.
(c) His summer crop.
(d) His family farm.
3. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
(a) He does not have any money.
(b) They don't want to take such a young person.
(c) There are too many people who have too many pounds.
(d) His outfit is too heavy.
4. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
(c) He doesn't know.
5. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
(a) The possibility of war.
(b) The gold rush.
(c) The new president.
(d) The completion of the transcontinental railroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jason on this adventure?
2. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
3. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
4. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
5. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
2. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
3. How does Jason get his dog, King, and what happens to the previous owner?
4. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
5. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
6. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
7. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
8. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
9. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
10. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)