|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Sears Towers.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Grand Central Depot.
2. What does Jason notice most of the people in Skagway are?
3. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
(b) Berryman's Turn.
(c) Crystal Lake.
4. Where do three sailors dump Jason?
(a) On a coral reef.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) At the next town.
(d) On a beach.
5. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If his dog is for sale.
(b) If he wants to join their group.
(c) If he has any extra food.
(d) If he has a good map.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason's dog help him?
2. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
3. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
4. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
5. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
2. How does Jason keep himself going and what do some people he meets want to know about his dog?
3. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
4. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
5. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
6. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
7. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
8. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
9. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
10. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)