Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
(b) Dawson City.
(c) New York.
2. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
(a) Do it in relays.
(b) Hire a pack mule.
(c) Let the dog carry most of it.
(d) Find a partner.
3. In what year does this book begin?
4. What worries people who are on the boat?
(a) Getting over the rapids.
(b) Getting past the waterfall.
(c) Being attacked by a grizzly bear.
(d) Passing through customs.
5. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) A cannery.
(b) On fishing boats.
(c) In a shoe factory.
(d) A saw mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
2. For what does a man want to hire Jason?
3. How old is Jason on this adventure?
4. What does Jason get at the river?
5. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jason feeling pressured, what are some people going to do about the pressure and how does Jason feel about doing that?
2. Where does Jason finally arrive in Chapter 14, how long does he stay and how many caribou are there?
3. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
4. How do the boys pass the time and what is learned about Henderson's story?
5. How does Jason find his brothers and what kind of prank does he decide to play?
6. What does Jason use his earnings for and why does he end up collapsed on the trail?
7. How does Jason get a canoe?
8. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
9. What is Jason trying to hide from Charlie and when Charlie discovers it what does the boy realize? What is Jason's response?
10. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)