|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
(a) Like they are long lost friends.
2. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) Back to Skagway.
(b) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
(c) With Jack.
(d) No where.
3. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
(a) Two horses and a carriage.
(b) His family farm.
(c) His stock shares.
(d) His summer crop.
4. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They did not come that way.
(b) They have already staked a claim.
(c) They are not far ahead of him.
(d) They are in the next settlement.
5. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) He uses the money his brothers left him.
(b) He works at the general store.
(c) With his wages from his short time job.
(d) He trades his extra pair of boots.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jason on this adventure?
2. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
3. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
4. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
5. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jason finally arrive in Chapter 14, how long does he stay and how many caribou are there?
2. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
3. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
4. How does Jason find his brothers and what kind of prank does he decide to play?
5. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
6. Where does Jason wake up after his accident?
7. What happens when Jason is at the bear cave?
8. How does Jason meet Charlie?
9. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
10. What mars Jason meeting up with Jack again?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)