|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Four months.
(b) Five days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
2. How long does it take Jason to get home from New York?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Seven days.
3. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Yukon Belle.
(b) Jamie's Delight.
(c) Homer's Odyssey.
(d) Klondike Cutter.
4. What does Jason wonder when he prepares to leave again?
(a) If his mother is worried.
(b) If he will ever see his father again.
(c) If his brothers are still alive.
(d) If he is half crazy.
5. What does Jason name his dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
2. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
3. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
4. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
5. How heavy is the outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
2. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
3. What does Jason know about his brothers?
4. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
5. How does Jason keep himself going and what do some people he meets want to know about his dog?
6. What is in the letter Abraham left for Jason and how is Jason's situation changed by what he learns?
7. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
8. How does Jason get a canoe?
9. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
10. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)