Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
2. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
(c) Crystal Lake.
(d) Berryman's Turn.
3. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) Fishing boat.
(b) A cannery.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) In a shoe factory.
4. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) Winter is coming quickly.
(b) He has no more money.
(c) His dog is getting old.
(d) His brothers are getting farther away.
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They've made a lot of money.
(b) They were turned away at the border.
(c) The weather is too cold.
(d) They've given up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
2. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
3. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
4. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
5. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
2. What mars Jason meeting up with Jack again?
3. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
4. How does the option in question #45 work out for Jason?
5. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
6. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
7. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
8. What mistake does Jason make with a bull moose and what is the result?
9. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
10. How does Jason get a canoe?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)