|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
(a) Jason's inheritance.
(b) Money saved from their wages.
(c) The sale of their livestock.
(d) Money their grandparents gave them.
2. How does Jason's dog help him?
(a) He keeps Jason warm at night.
(b) He hunts game.
(c) He scares off thieves.
(d) He pulls some of the weight.
3. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
4. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
(a) A false telegram.
(b) A fake map.
(c) A bridle for his horse.
(d) Instructions on how to pan for gold.
5. Where do Jason's brothers live?
(a) At the Downtown Apartment House.
(b) With their parents.
(c) In Mrs. Beal's boarding house.
(d) With their wives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jason and his dog when they make it to the top of the answer to question #54?
2. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
3. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
4. What worries people who are on the boat?
5. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
2. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
3. What does Jason see when he arrives in Skagway and what is the cost of living?
4. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
5. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
6. How does Jason get a canoe?
7. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
8. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
9. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
10. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)