|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does this book begin?
2. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Get a dog sled.
(b) Make a hand cart.
(c) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
(d) Get a wagon.
3. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(b) He does not mention a split.
(c) It will be split three ways.
4. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Black Crow switchback.
(b) Pike's Peak.
(c) The Stony Steps.
(d) The Golden Stairs.
5. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
(a) If he should go home.
(b) If he should travel with someone.
(c) Where Jack is going.
(d) If his brothers will wait for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jack offer Jason a prospector's outfit?
2. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
3. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
4. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
5. How heavy is the outfit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
2. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
3. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
4. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
5. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
6. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
7. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
8. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
9. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
10. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)