|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) He uses the money his brothers left him.
(b) With his wages from his short time job.
(c) He works at the general store.
(d) He trades his extra pair of boots.
2. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(b) Helena, Montana.
(c) Salt Lake City.
3. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) Winter is coming quickly.
(b) His brothers are getting farther away.
(c) He has no more money.
(d) His dog is getting old.
4. What is Jason's hometown?
(c) St. Louis.
5. What can Jason not imagine about not going on?
(a) Throwing away his outfit.
(b) Waiting another eight months.
(c) Missing his brothers.
(d) Returning to a nine to five job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
2. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
3. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
4. In what year does this book begin?
5. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
2. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
3. Why is Jason feeling pressured, what are some people going to do about the pressure and how does Jason feel about doing that?
4. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
5. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
6. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
7. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
8. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
9. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
10. What does Jason know about his brothers?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)