|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) No where.
(b) Back to Skagway.
(c) With Jack.
(d) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
2. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(a) He does not mention a split.
(b) It will be split three ways.
3. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If he wants to join their group.
(b) If he has any extra food.
(c) If his dog is for sale.
(d) If he has a good map.
4. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Make a hand cart.
(b) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
(c) Get a dog sled.
(d) Get a wagon.
5. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
(a) The gold rush of 49.
(b) Working in the coal mines.
(c) Traveling to all of the states of America.
(d) Being married with children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
2. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
3. What does Jason think while he is walking?
4. Why does Jack offer Jason a prospector's outfit?
5. Where do three sailors dump Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
2. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
3. Why is Jason feeling pressured, what are some people going to do about the pressure and how does Jason feel about doing that?
4. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
5. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
6. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
7. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
8. What does Jason find out when he arrives in Bennett and what does he wonder about as far as what to do?
9. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
10. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)