|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Kill horse thieves.
(b) Rob the people of the town.
(c) Investigate fraud.
(d) Hang murderers.
2. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If his dog is for sale.
(b) If he has any extra food.
(c) If he wants to join their group.
(d) If he has a good map.
3. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Black Crow switchback.
(b) The Golden Stairs.
(c) The Stony Steps.
(d) Pike's Peak.
4. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(c) It will be split three ways.
(d) He does not mention a split.
5. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) Back to Skagway.
(b) No where.
(c) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
(d) With Jack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason name his dog?
2. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
3. What does Jason say about his parents?
4. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
5. Where do Jason's brothers live?
Short Essay Questions
1. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
2. How does Jason get a canoe?
3. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
4. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
5. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
6. What does Jason find out when he arrives in Bennett and what does he wonder about as far as what to do?
7. Why would the problem in question #29 stand in Jason's way? What does Jason wonder about himself?
8. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
9. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
10. What is in the letter Abraham left for Jason and how is Jason's situation changed by what he learns?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)