|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the scene along the trail shock Jason?
(a) The number of people.
(b) The cruelty to the animals, especially the horses.
(c) That there are families with young children.
(d) That people are fighting over position on the trail.
2. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Become a deputy sheriff.
(b) Join him in stealing from people.
(c) Run a store for him in Skagway.
(d) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
3. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Minot, North Dakota.
(d) San Francisco, California.
4. How does Jason's dog help him?
(a) He pulls some of the weight.
(b) He keeps Jason warm at night.
(c) He hunts game.
(d) He scares off thieves.
5. How long does it take Jason to get home from New York?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason think while he is walking?
2. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
3. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
4. What does Jason say about his parents?
5. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason use his earnings for and why does he end up collapsed on the trail?
2. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
3. Why is Jason feeling pressured, what are some people going to do about the pressure and how does Jason feel about doing that?
4. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
5. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
6. How does Jason get off the beach where the sailors dumped him?
7. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
8. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
9. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
10. Why would the problem in question #29 stand in Jason's way? What does Jason wonder about himself?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)