|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason name his dog?
2. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
(a) An ant.
(b) A bumblebee.
(c) His father.
(d) A salmon swimming up stream.
3. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) A saw mill.
(b) A cannery.
(c) In a shoe factory.
(d) Fishing boat.
4. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
(a) Charles Bowers.
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Jim Foster.
(d) Frank Barker.
5. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Kill horse thieves.
(b) Investigate fraud.
(c) Hang murderers.
(d) Rob the people of the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
2. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
3. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
4. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
5. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
2. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
3. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
4. What does Jason see when he arrives in Skagway and what is the cost of living?
5. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
6. How does Jason get off the beach where the sailors dumped him?
7. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
8. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
9. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
10. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)