|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A wage slave.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A Republican.
2. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Join him in stealing from people.
(b) Become a deputy sheriff.
(c) Run a store for him in Skagway.
(d) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
3. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Homer's Odyssey.
(b) Yukon Belle.
(c) Jamie's Delight.
(d) Klondike Cutter.
4. What can Jason not imagine about not going on?
(a) Missing his brothers.
(b) Waiting another eight months.
(c) Throwing away his outfit.
(d) Returning to a nine to five job.
5. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say about his parents?
2. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
3. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
4. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
5. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
2. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
3. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
4. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
5. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
6. What does Jason see when he arrives in Skagway and what is the cost of living?
7. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
8. How does Jason keep himself going and what do some people he meets want to know about his dog?
9. What does Jason know about his brothers?
10. How does Jason get his dog, King, and what happens to the previous owner?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)