|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason name his dog?
2. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Investigate fraud.
(b) Hang murderers.
(c) Kill horse thieves.
(d) Rob the people of the town.
3. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
(c) Like they are long lost friends.
4. What does Jason wonder when he prepares to leave again?
(a) If his brothers are still alive.
(b) If he is half crazy.
(c) If he will ever see his father again.
(d) If his mother is worried.
5. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
(a) Jack London.
(b) Lucy Gant.
(d) Frank Barker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Homer's boat?
2. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
3. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
4. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
5. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
2. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
3. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
4. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
5. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
6. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
7. What does the old man on the train talk about that does not interest Jason much and what does he learn from the old man?
8. How does Jason get his dog, King, and what happens to the previous owner?
9. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
10. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)