|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
2. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
(a) He doesn't know.
3. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
(a) He thought Jason was too young to be friends.
(b) He figured Jason had given up.
(c) He wish he had known they were going to meet again.
(d) He thought Jason might be dead.
4. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Get a wagon.
(b) Make a hand cart.
(c) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
(d) Get a dog sled.
5. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They are not far ahead of him.
(b) They are in the next settlement.
(c) They did not come that way.
(d) They have already staked a claim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
2. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
3. Who dropped out of Jack's group?
4. How does Jason's dog help him?
5. Where do Jason's brothers live?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
2. Why would the problem in question #29 stand in Jason's way? What does Jason wonder about himself?
3. What is in the letter Abraham left for Jason and how is Jason's situation changed by what he learns?
4. How does Jason get off the beach where the sailors dumped him?
5. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
6. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
7. What does Jason know about his brothers?
8. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
9. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
10. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)