|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Join him in stealing from people.
(b) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
(c) Become a deputy sheriff.
(d) Run a store for him in Skagway.
2. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) His brothers told customs to stop him.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He has a dog with him.
(d) If his outfit is underweight.
3. What does Jason think while he is walking?
(a) His mother will kill him.
(b) His father would be proud of him.
(c) His brothers are waiting for him.
(d) He is stronger than Jack.
4. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) Not having a good map.
(b) His lack of funds.
(c) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
(d) Jason thinks he is too young.
5. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) Upstate New York.
(b) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
(c) In Washington state.
(d) In British Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
2. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
3. What does Jason notice most of the people in Skagway are?
4. Who does Jason first see when he wakes after being sick?
5. How does Jason's dog help him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
2. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
3. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
4. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
5. How does Jason meet Charlie?
6. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
7. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
8. What do Jason and Charlie do in spite of their dire situation and what does Jason then decide to do about their situation?
9. How does Jason see Jamie again?
10. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)