|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the younger man in the rail car recite?
(a) The Gettysburg Address.
(b) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(c) A Purple Cow.
(d) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
2. What worries people who are on the boat?
(a) Getting over the rapids.
(b) Being attacked by a grizzly bear.
(c) Passing through customs.
(d) Getting past the waterfall.
3. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
(a) Donner's Pass.
(b) Diablo Pass.
(c) White Pass.
(d) Churntop Pass.
4. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
(a) Captain Smith.
(b) Charles Bowers.
(c) Jim Foster.
(d) Frank Barker.
5. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
2. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
3. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
4. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
5. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
2. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
3. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
4. With whom does Jason meet up again at the beginning of Chapter 12 and what do they do when they see each other?
5. Why is Jason having a difficult time finding a boat?
6. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
7. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
8. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
9. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
10. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)