|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He has a dog with him.
(c) If his outfit is underweight.
(d) His brothers told customs to stop him.
2. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(a) Trail guide.
(b) Wagon driver.
(c) Horse handler.
3. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They are not far ahead of him.
(b) They have already staked a claim.
(c) They did not come that way.
(d) They are in the next settlement.
4. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Joseph Blackman.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Peter Forthsom.
5. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
(a) Seven hundred pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(d) Four hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
2. What does Jason name his dog?
3. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
4. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
5. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
2. What does Jason use his earnings for and why does he end up collapsed on the trail?
3. How does Jason get his dog, King, and what happens to the previous owner?
4. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
5. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
6. What does the old man on the train talk about that does not interest Jason much and what does he learn from the old man?
7. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
8. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
9. What does Jason know about his brothers?
10. What does Jason find out when he arrives in Bennett and what does he wonder about as far as what to do?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)