|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
(a) A train ticket to Alaska.
(b) The key to their parents' house.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) A letter from his brother.
2. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
(a) 500 pounds.
(c) Seven hundred pounds.
(d) Four hundred pounds.
3. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(c) Helena, Montana.
(d) Salt Lake City.
4. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They've made a lot of money.
(b) The weather is too cold.
(c) They were turned away at the border.
(d) They've given up.
5. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) Jack London.
(b) Nathan Bidings.
(c) Thomas Paleton.
(d) John Christopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
2. What does Jason wonder when he prepares to leave again?
3. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
4. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
5. Where is the place in question #11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
2. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
3. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
4. How does Jason keep himself going and what do some people he meets want to know about his dog?
5. What does Jason see when he arrives in Skagway and what is the cost of living?
6. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
7. Why would the problem in question #29 stand in Jason's way? What does Jason wonder about himself?
8. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
9. How does Jason get a job in Skagway?
10. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)