|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He hunts small game.
(b) People along the trail invite him to eat.
(c) He fishes.
(d) He carries his food with him.
2. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
3. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To see the elephant.
(b) To see his oldest son.
(c) To have his wife alive.
(d) To live in a warm climate.
4. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They have already staked a claim.
(b) They are in the next settlement.
(c) They did not come that way.
(d) They are not far ahead of him.
5. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(a) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(c) Being so young.
(d) The Canadian Mounties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
2. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
3. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
4. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
5. For what does a man want to hire Jason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason use his earnings for and why does he end up collapsed on the trail?
2. What does Barker talk about at dinner, what does Barker try to get Jason to do, what is Jason's reply and what is Barker's response?
3. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
4. What does Jason know about his brothers?
5. What does Jason see when he arrives in Skagway and what is the cost of living?
6. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
7. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
8. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
9. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
10. How does Jason get off the beach where the sailors dumped him?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)