|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If he wants to join their group.
(b) If he has any extra food.
(c) If his dog is for sale.
(d) If he has a good map.
2. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
(a) Summer pneumonia.
(b) Food poisoning.
(c) Infected tooth.
(d) Stomach virus.
3. Where are Jason and his dog when they make it to the top of the answer to question #54?
(a) Washington State.
4. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Kill horse thieves.
(b) Rob the people of the town.
(c) Hang murderers.
(d) Investigate fraud.
5. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
(a) If he should go home.
(b) Where Jack is going.
(c) If he should travel with someone.
(d) If his brothers will wait for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the scene along the trail shock Jason?
2. Who dropped out of Jack's group?
3. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
4. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason use his earnings for and why does he end up collapsed on the trail?
2. What does the old man on the train talk about that does not interest Jason much and what does he learn from the old man?
3. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
4. How does Jason get his dog, King, and what happens to the previous owner?
5. What does Jason think could stand in his way besides the weather?
6. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
7. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
8. What is in the letter Abraham left for Jason and how is Jason's situation changed by what he learns?
9. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
10. How does Jason keep himself going and what do some people he meets want to know about his dog?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)