|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
(a) There are too many people who have too many pounds.
(b) They don't want to take such a young person.
(c) His outfit is too heavy.
(d) He does not have any money.
2. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
(a) His family farm.
(b) His summer crop.
(c) Two horses and a carriage.
(d) His stock shares.
3. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
(a) Jason's inheritance.
(b) Money saved from their wages.
(c) The sale of their livestock.
(d) Money their grandparents gave them.
4. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) A cannery.
(b) Fishing boat.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) In a shoe factory.
5. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
(b) Like they are long lost friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
2. Where do Jason's brothers work?
3. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
4. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jason comes back to Skagway, what are people complaining about, who is head of law enforcement and who is working with him?
2. What does Jason know about his brothers?
3. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13, what does he get and what does he do with it?
4. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
5. What is in the letter Abraham left for Jason and how is Jason's situation changed by what he learns?
6. How does Jason get his dog, King, and what happens to the previous owner?
7. What does the old man on the train talk about that does not interest Jason much and what does he learn from the old man?
8. How does Jason keep himself going and what do some people he meets want to know about his dog?
9. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
10. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)