|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the younger man in the rail car recite?
(a) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(b) A Purple Cow.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) In Washington state.
(b) In British Columbia.
(c) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
(d) Upstate New York.
3. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Sears Towers.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Grand Central Depot.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
4. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Get a dog sled.
(b) Get a wagon.
(c) Make a hand cart.
(d) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
5. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
(a) Crystal Lake.
(b) Berryman's Turn.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does a man want to hire Jason?
2. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
3. What do Jason and Jack do when they meet up again?
4. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
5. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the old man on the train talk about that does not interest Jason much and what does he learn from the old man?
2. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
3. What happens on the river because of the number of people on it and who are on it besides Klondikers?
4. What arrives with May and what happens to the cabin where Jason and Charlie have been staying?
5. What do Jason and Charlie do after he meets up with his brothers?
6. What does one have to take to get to Canada and how does Jason manage it?
7. How does Jason get a canoe?
8. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
9. What lies ahead on the river, who manages to pass it and how does the crowd feel about him?
10. How does Jason see Jamie again?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)