|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
(a) Churntop Pass.
(b) Diablo Pass.
(c) Donner's Pass.
(d) White Pass.
2. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To live in a warm climate.
(b) To see his oldest son.
(c) To see the elephant.
(d) To have his wife alive.
3. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
(a) They are fairly competent.
(b) They pack too large a load.
(c) They are not taking enough supplies.
(d) They know nothing about horses.
4. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) He has no more money.
(b) His brothers are getting farther away.
(c) His dog is getting old.
(d) Winter is coming quickly.
5. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(a) Apple cider.
(b) Chewiing gum.
(d) Pretty postcards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
2. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
3. What can Jason not imagine about not going on?
4. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
5. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jason get a canoe?
2. Upon what ship is Jason stowed away on, what does he hear and what can he not know because of the noise?
3. What is Homer's last poem at Dawson City about and what does Jamie say to Jason about possibilities in the future?
4. What kind of fantasy does Jason think about and what does he think his brothers will do about the news?
5. How does Jason's decision about paddling work out and what does he near at the end of Chapter 14?
6. What does the old man on the train talk about that does not interest Jason much and what does he learn from the old man?
7. What does Jason learn at Mrs. Beal's boarding house that stuns him?
8. What does Jason worry about at the lake and what does he decide he has to have?
9. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
10. What does Jason notice about the world around him as he is paddling, what does he see for the first time and what does he decide to do?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)