|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
(a) Jim Foster.
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Frank Barker.
(d) Charles Bowers.
2. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To have his wife alive.
(b) To live in a warm climate.
(c) To see the elephant.
(d) To see his oldest son.
3. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Minot, North Dakota.
4. What does Jack say is a fair trade for the outfit?
(a) Jason's help with the horses.
(b) Jason's dog.
(c) Some of Jason's stories.
(d) Two bits of silver.
5. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He fishes.
(b) He hunts small game.
(c) People along the trail invite him to eat.
(d) He carries his food with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say about his parents?
2. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
3. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
4. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
5. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jason find out when he arrives in Bennett and what does he wonder about as far as what to do?
2. What does Jason see when he arrives in Skagway and what is the cost of living?
3. How long does it take Jason to get across Bennett and what are his hopes?
4. Who are Homer and Jamie Dunavant and what is their story?
5. What does Jason encounter on his way towards Chilkoot and what does he wish about the crowds?
6. How does Jason get off the beach where the sailors dumped him?
7. What does the person in question #21 tell Jason and what does he offer Jason? How does Jason feel about the offer?
8. Where and with whom does Jason eat the day he meets Frank Barker?
9. What do Jamie and Homer do that amazes the crowds and what does Homer say about the location?
10. On what date is Jason Hawthorn hawking papers, where is he, what is the big news and what does Jason want to have the opportunity to do?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)