|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bears come out of the den?
2. What does Jason know he will have to do about the rapids?
(a) Go fast and hope for the best.
(b) Hire a guide.
(c) Portage to the next passable spot.
(d) Make his dog run along the river following him.
3. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
(a) He kills it or them.
(b) He climbs a tree.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He sets it (them) on fire.
4. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
(a) Play a joke.
(b) Scare them.
(c) Demand his inheritance.
(d) Write them a letter.
5. What does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) A warehouse.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) The sheriff's office.
(d) A tavern.
6. What does Jason consider Lake Bennett to be in Chapter 14?
(a) An insurmountable problem
(b) A place to rest.
(c) A possible place to stay for the winter.
(d) His biggest goal yet.
7. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(b) How to butcher it.
(c) Getting it to shore.
(d) How to preserve it.
8. What does Alex McDonald give Charlie?
(a) A sturdy horse.
(b) A job.
(c) A place to live.
(d) All the gold he can carry.
9. What does Jason try to figure out when he finds a bear's den?
(a) How to get inside the den.
(b) How to get the bear back to the cabin.
(c) How to get the bear outside.
(d) Where to shoot a bear to kill it.
10. What does Jason see for the first time?
(a) A polar bear.
(b) Herds of deer.
(c) A grizzly bear.
(d) The northern lights.
11. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
(a) Frank Barker.
(d) Jack London.
12. Why do Abe and Ethan come out of their office?
(a) To go home for the day.
(b) To reprimand a worker.
(c) To go to lunch.
(d) To meet Jason thinking he is someone else.
13. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
(a) Charlie would die.
(b) Charlie would be okay.
(c) Charlie would go insane.
(d) Charlie would be frightened.
14. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
15. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
(a) Goodbody told him about one that lives in the area.
(b) Rhodes told him about one that lives in the area.
(c) Heitermeister told him about one that lives in the area.
(d) Henderson told him about one that lives in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason decide he must do about the Mounties?
2. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
3. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
4. What do the boys do to pass the time?
5. What does Jason find Charlie has done when he returns to the cabin?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)