|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
(a) Hunt for gold.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Get rid of Charlie.
(d) Find his brothers.
2. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
(a) He decides to paddle through the night.
(b) He stops at midnight.
(c) He stops at dusk.
(d) He stops at dinner time.
3. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His knife.
(c) His hat.
(d) His gun.
4. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
(a) Fort Sifton.
(b) Fort Klondike.
(c) The Straits of Yukon.
(d) Lake Thikitucah.
5. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) He has to return to eat.
(b) He is too tired to go on.
(c) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
(d) He lost sight of the animal.
6. What does Jason tell Charlie about Charlie being there?
(a) Jason does not want him there.
(b) Jason does not care if he is there or not.
(c) Jason needs him there.
(d) Charlie will have to leave because there is not enough food.
7. Why are the bull moose fighting?
(a) It is rutting season.
(b) There are too many males.
(c) There is not enough food.
(d) There are too many females.
8. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
(a) He feels abandoned.
(b) He feels great.
(c) He is happy that him and Jason are friends.
(d) He feels useless.
9. What does Homer write for Jason?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) A small play.
(c) A story of Jason's travels.
(d) A poem.
10. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) That he came there.
(b) That he found so much gold.
(c) That he has Charlie with them.
(d) How much he has grown and endured.
11. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
(a) They are all empty.
(b) The villages are empty and the man in the cabin is dead.
(c) He barters for food but they do not want anything he offers.
(d) There are dead in each place.
12. Who does Jason talk to a his brothers' business?
(a) The manager.
(b) No one.
(c) One of the employees running a machine.
(d) The clerk.
13. What happens to the ice on the river as Jason and Charlie watch it in the spring?
(a) It rises up.
(b) It thins out enough to cut.
(c) It becomes thicker.
(d) It stays the same.
14. Why is Jack looking poorly?
(a) He contracted scruvy.
(b) He has TB.
(c) He did not find any gold.
(d) He broke his leg and it is infected.
15. Who has saved Jason when he is injured by the bull moose?
(a) Homer and Jamie.
(b) Robert Henderson.
(c) No one.
(d) Frank Barker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
2. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
3. What does Jason reach at the end of Lake Bennett?
4. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
5. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)