|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Get rid of Charlie.
(c) Hunt for gold.
(d) Find his brothers.
2. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
(a) Talk to Jason more.
(b) Learn how to live without a foot.
(c) Help out around the cabin.
(d) Leave before the weather gets really bad.
3. What does Jason know he will have to do about the rapids?
(a) Portage to the next passable spot.
(b) Go fast and hope for the best.
(c) Hire a guide.
(d) Make his dog run along the river following him.
4. Who first found gold in the area?
(a) Nathiel Goodbody.
(b) Paul Rhodes.
(c) Baron von Heitermeister.
(d) Henderson and Carmack.
5. What does Jason reach at the end of Lake Bennett?
(a) Fort Klondike.
(b) The Yukon River.
(c) Lake Thikitucah.
(d) The Straits of Yukon.
6. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
(a) Frank Barker.
(d) Jack London.
7. What does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) The sheriff's office.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) A warehouse.
(d) A tavern.
8. At what date does Jason reach the end of Lake Bennett?
(a) September 23.
(b) October 1.
(c) August 27.
(d) September 30.
9. What is the part of the Yukon that splits into five channels called?
(a) The Five Split.
(b) Five Sisters.
(c) Five Fingers.
(d) Five Arms.
10. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) He has to return to eat.
(b) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
(c) He is too tired to go on.
(d) He lost sight of the animal.
11. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
(a) Go up into the mountains.
(b) Set out a trap.
(c) Try to find something less dangerous.
(d) Cross the river.
12. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is injured.
(d) He is not with Jason.
13. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
(a) The Straits of Yukon.
(b) Lake Thikitucah.
(c) Fort Sifton.
(d) Fort Klondike.
14. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) How to butcher it.
(b) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(c) Getting it to shore.
(d) How to preserve it.
15. Who does Jason talk to a his brothers' business?
(a) The manager.
(b) One of the employees running a machine.
(c) No one.
(d) The clerk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason all of a sudden understand the urgency to move forward?
2. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
3. What does Jason decide he must do about the Mounties?
4. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
5. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)