|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jamie and Homer leaving Dawson City?
(a) To find Jamie's mother.
(b) To return home to farming.
(c) To spend their gold.
(d) To tour the United States.
2. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
(a) Vegetables and mushrooms.
(b) Fish and meat.
(c) Extra furs for warmth.
(d) Someone to take them back down.
3. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
(a) Watching them play in the water.
(b) Shooting them for meat.
(c) Stealing the babies.
(d) Scaring them away.
4. What does Jack tell Jason he wants to be?
(a) An editor.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A writer.
5. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) He is too tired to go on.
(b) He has to return to eat.
(c) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
(d) He lost sight of the animal.
6. What does Charlie finally realize about being there?
(a) He was thrust upon Jason.
(b) Jason wanted him for company.
(c) Jason took him because Jason wants to become a doctor.
(d) Charlie's uncle paid Jason a lot of gold to care for him.
7. What makes the trip more pleasant for Jason?
(a) The weather is nice.
(b) Having his dog with him.
(c) Knowing he is only a week from seeing his brother.
(d) Having so many people around him.
8. What is Dawson City nicknamed?
(a) The Main Event.
(b) Fool's Paradise.
(c) The Golden City.
(d) The End of the Road.
9. Where does Jason see his first bull moose?
(a) At night when pulled on the shore to sleep.
(b) On the shore near Laberge.
(c) In the river ahead of him.
(d) Far off on a plain.
10. Who first found gold in the area?
(a) Henderson and Carmack.
(b) Nathiel Goodbody.
(c) Paul Rhodes.
(d) Baron von Heitermeister.
11. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
(a) They are not stopping people right now.
(b) They are letting no one through.
(c) They are more lenient in August.
(d) They are being fairly relaxed about the rules.
12. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
(a) Henderson told him about one that lives in the area.
(b) Heitermeister told him about one that lives in the area.
(c) Goodbody told him about one that lives in the area.
(d) Rhodes told him about one that lives in the area.
13. What happens to the cabin where Jason and Charlie have stayed in Chapter 24?
(a) The roof gets a large hole in it.
(b) It burns down.
(d) It is underwater.
14. What does Jason decide to do about getting supplies?
(a) Shoot a moose.
(b) Go to the Indian village.
(c) Put out rabbit traps.
(d) Put them on half rations.
15. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(b) No one.
(d) Jack London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the tent Jason found?
2. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
3. What does Charlie point out to Jason?
4. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
5. Why doesn't Jason take the entire caribou?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)