|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(c) Jack London.
(d) No one.
2. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
(b) He is too tired to go on.
(c) He lost sight of the animal.
(d) He has to return to eat.
3. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
(a) Everything looks the same when covered with snow.
(b) There are too many people around for the amount of game.
(c) The river is frozen so it is difficult to fish.
(d) They don't know anything about the wilderness or the mountains.
4. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
(a) Half of it.
(b) The rib portions.
(c) The hindquarters.
(d) The breast.
5. What does Jason find he has done in the morning?
(a) Dropped his first aid kit over board.
(b) Gotten wet from sleeping near the water.
(c) Caught up to many of the boats that was ahead of him.
(d) Fallen asleep in the canoe.
6. What does Jack tell Jason he wants to be?
(a) A publisher.
(b) An editor.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A writer.
7. What does Jason see at a village that he follows?
(a) Elk tracks.
(b) Wolf tracks.
(c) Moose tracks.
(d) Bear tracks.
8. Why are the rapids considered so dangerous?
(a) The rocks are sharp granite.
(b) There are too many animals in the rapids.
(c) Box canyons, whirlpools and eddies.
(d) The water is almost a freezing temperatures.
9. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
(a) Scaring them away.
(b) Watching them play in the water.
(c) Shooting them for meat.
(d) Stealing the babies.
10. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
(a) Frank Barker.
(c) Jack London.
11. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
(a) He is happy that him and Jason are friends.
(b) He feels great.
(c) He feels abandoned.
(d) He feels useless.
12. Why does Jason all of a sudden understand the urgency to move forward?
(a) The weather begins to change drastically.
(b) People coming back are saying the gold is running out.
(c) The Mounties stop him.
(d) Old timers are telling him.
13. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
14. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
(a) Charlie would die.
(b) Charlie would be okay.
(c) Charlie would be frightened.
(d) Charlie would go insane.
15. Why are Jamie and Homer leaving Dawson City?
(a) To tour the United States.
(b) To spend their gold.
(c) To return home to farming.
(d) To find Jamie's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the reunion between Jason and his brothers go?
2. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
3. What is Jason's dog supposed to hate doing?
4. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
5. Who has saved Jason when he is injured by the bull moose?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)