|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how many boats are on the river?
(a) About twenty.
(c) A couple hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
2. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
(a) They are more lenient in August.
(b) They are being fairly relaxed about the rules.
(c) They are not stopping people right now.
(d) They are letting no one through.
3. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
(a) He sits down and watches Jason.
(b) He licks Jason's face.
(c) He slinks away.
(d) He growls.
4. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
5. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
(a) Some people might get wet.
(c) A great catastrophe.
(d) Jason and Charlie could be tipped over.
6. What is the part of the Yukon that splits into five channels called?
(a) Five Fingers.
(b) Five Arms.
(c) The Five Split.
(d) Five Sisters.
7. Why doesn't Jason take the entire caribou?
(a) He doesn't really like the taste of caribou.
(b) It would be too heavy for the canoe.
(c) He can't eat that much meat.
(d) There is no way to perserve it in a short amount of time.
8. What do Charlie and Jason plan to do about the holiday coming up?
(a) They will ignore it.
(b) They will look for anyone who needs their help.
(c) They plan to celebrate it.
(d) They will eat an extra ration.
9. How long does Jason stay at Lake Bennett?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
10. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He is injured.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He is not with Jason.
(d) He is killed.
11. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) Getting it to shore.
(b) How to preserve it.
(c) How to butcher it.
(d) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
12. What does Jason try to figure out when he finds a bear's den?
(a) How to get the bear outside.
(b) Where to shoot a bear to kill it.
(c) How to get the bear back to the cabin.
(d) How to get inside the den.
13. What does Jason tell Charlie about Charlie being there?
(a) Jason needs him there.
(b) Jason does not care if he is there or not.
(c) Charlie will have to leave because there is not enough food.
(d) Jason does not want him there.
14. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) How much he has grown and endured.
(b) That he came there.
(c) That he found so much gold.
(d) That he has Charlie with them.
15. What does Jason finally realize about where the bear might be?
(a) In a cave in the mountains.
(b) It probably went south.
(c) Across the river.
(d) There is no bear around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
2. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
3. What does Jason decide he must do about the Mounties?
4. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
5. Who first found gold in the area?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)