|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys do to pass the time?
(a) Write a journal.
(b) Paint pictures on the cabin walls.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Read Scientific American.
2. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
(a) He sits down and watches Jason.
(b) He growls.
(c) He slinks away.
(d) He licks Jason's face.
3. What is the part of the Yukon that splits into five channels called?
(a) Five Arms.
(b) Five Sisters.
(c) The Five Split.
(d) Five Fingers.
4. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
(b) Jack London.
(d) Frank Barker.
5. What are some of the people on the river called?
(c) Green Fools.
(d) Gold Fools.
6. How long does Jason stay at Lake Bennett?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three days.
7. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
(a) Charlie would die.
(b) Charlie would be frightened.
(c) Charlie would be okay.
(d) Charlie would go insane.
8. To what is Dawson City compared?
(a) A large city.
(b) A huge carnival.
(c) A farming community.
(d) A city slum.
9. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
(a) An entire day.
(c) A week.
(d) Two days.
10. How many bears come out of the den?
11. From where is Charlie originally?
(a) New York.
12. Why doesn't Jason take the entire caribou?
(a) He can't eat that much meat.
(b) There is no way to perserve it in a short amount of time.
(c) It would be too heavy for the canoe.
(d) He doesn't really like the taste of caribou.
13. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
(a) Go up into the mountains.
(b) Set out a trap.
(c) Try to find something less dangerous.
(d) Cross the river.
14. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
(a) Walk south towards Skagway.
(b) Get on the river.
(c) Hitch a ride on a large barge.
(d) Hook up with a mule train.
15. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) He lost sight of the animal.
(b) He is too tired to go on.
(c) He has to return to eat.
(d) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
2. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
3. What does Jack tell Jason he wants to be?
4. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
5. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)