|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
(a) A week.
(b) An entire day.
(d) Two days.
2. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
(b) Jason and Charlie could be tipped over.
(c) A great catastrophe.
(d) Some people might get wet.
3. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
(a) Charlie would go insane.
(b) Charlie would be frightened.
(c) Charlie would be okay.
(d) Charlie would die.
4. What does Jason think about when he looks at the night sky?
(a) How far away home is.
(b) Where his brothers might be.
(c) There are more stars than he has ever seen.
(d) He'd like to travel to the stars.
5. Why are the bull moose fighting?
(a) It is rutting season.
(b) There is not enough food.
(c) There are too many females.
(d) There are too many males.
6. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) That he has Charlie with them.
(b) That he came there.
(c) That he found so much gold.
(d) How much he has grown and endured.
7. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
(a) Set out a trap.
(b) Try to find something less dangerous.
(c) Go up into the mountains.
(d) Cross the river.
8. What do Charlie and Jason plan to do about the holiday coming up?
(a) They will look for anyone who needs their help.
(b) They will ignore it.
(c) They plan to celebrate it.
(d) They will eat an extra ration.
9. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
(a) The breast.
(b) Half of it.
(c) The rib portions.
(d) The hindquarters.
10. From where is Charlie originally?
(b) New York.
11. How many bears come out of the den?
12. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
(a) They are more lenient in August.
(b) They are letting no one through.
(c) They are being fairly relaxed about the rules.
(d) They are not stopping people right now.
13. Why doesn't Jason take the entire caribou?
(a) He doesn't really like the taste of caribou.
(b) He can't eat that much meat.
(c) There is no way to perserve it in a short amount of time.
(d) It would be too heavy for the canoe.
14. Where are people who are lost stranded?
(a) By the shores of the river.
(b) Vaious mountain passes.
(c) In the woods below the mountains.
(d) Mostly in small fishing villages.
15. Who first found gold in the area?
(a) Henderson and Carmack.
(b) Paul Rhodes.
(c) Baron von Heitermeister.
(d) Nathiel Goodbody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
2. What is Dawson City nicknamed?
3. How are conditions for Jason to walk about?
4. Who has saved Jason when he is injured by the bull moose?
5. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)