|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) How much he has grown and endured.
(b) That he found so much gold.
(c) That he has Charlie with them.
(d) That he came there.
2. What sign does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) Hawthorn Merchant Store.
(b) Lost and Found.
(c) Hawthorn Brothers Sawmill.
(d) Title and Deeds Office.
3. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
4. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He is not with Jason.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He is killed.
5. Why does Jason decide to hunt bear?
(a) Henderson told him about one that lives in the area.
(b) Rhodes told him about one that lives in the area.
(c) Heitermeister told him about one that lives in the area.
(d) Goodbody told him about one that lives in the area.
6. What does Jason consider Lake Bennett to be in Chapter 14?
(a) A possible place to stay for the winter.
(b) A place to rest.
(c) An insurmountable problem
(d) His biggest goal yet.
7. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
(a) The river is frozen so it is difficult to fish.
(b) There are too many people around for the amount of game.
(c) Everything looks the same when covered with snow.
(d) They don't know anything about the wilderness or the mountains.
8. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) How to butcher it.
(b) How to preserve it.
(c) Getting it to shore.
(d) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
9. Why is Jack looking poorly?
(a) He contracted scruvy.
(b) He broke his leg and it is infected.
(c) He has TB.
(d) He did not find any gold.
10. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
(b) Frank Barker.
(c) Robert Henderson.
(d) Jack London.
11. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
(a) His hat.
(b) His gloves.
(c) His knife.
(d) His gun.
12. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
(a) An entire day.
(b) Two days.
(d) A week.
13. What makes the trip more pleasant for Jason?
(a) Having his dog with him.
(b) Knowing he is only a week from seeing his brother.
(c) The weather is nice.
(d) Having so many people around him.
14. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
(a) Try to find something less dangerous.
(b) Go up into the mountains.
(c) Set out a trap.
(d) Cross the river.
15. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(c) Jack London.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what date does Jason reach the end of Lake Bennett?
2. What does Jason finally realize about where the bear might be?
3. What does Alex McDonald give Charlie?
4. Why doesn't Jason take the entire caribou?
5. Why do Abe and Ethan come out of their office?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)