|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jason talk to a his brothers' business?
(a) The manager.
(b) One of the employees running a machine.
(c) No one.
(d) The clerk.
2. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
(a) There are dead in each place.
(b) He barters for food but they do not want anything he offers.
(c) The villages are empty and the man in the cabin is dead.
(d) They are all empty.
3. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
(a) He has to return to eat.
(b) He lost sight of the animal.
(c) He is too tired to go on.
(d) His water has frozen and needs to drink.
4. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(a) Jack London.
(b) No one.
5. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
6. About how many boats are on the river?
(a) Five hundred.
(c) About twenty.
(d) A couple hundred.
7. How long does Jason first search for a bear in Chapter 23?
(a) Two days.
(c) An entire day.
(d) A week.
8. Why do Abe and Ethan come out of their office?
(a) To reprimand a worker.
(b) To go to lunch.
(c) To go home for the day.
(d) To meet Jason thinking he is someone else.
9. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
(a) His knife.
(b) His gun.
(c) His gloves.
(d) His hat.
10. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is not with Jason.
(d) He is killed.
11. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He kills it or them.
(c) He sets it (them) on fire.
(d) He climbs a tree.
12. Where does Jason see his first bull moose?
(a) Far off on a plain.
(b) On the shore near Laberge.
(c) In the river ahead of him.
(d) At night when pulled on the shore to sleep.
13. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
14. Why does Jason all of a sudden understand the urgency to move forward?
(a) People coming back are saying the gold is running out.
(b) The weather begins to change drastically.
(c) Old timers are telling him.
(d) The Mounties stop him.
15. How many bears come out of the den?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
2. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
3. What does Jason know he will have to do about the rapids?
4. What does Jason see for the first time?
5. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)