|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Charlie take with Jason's brothers?
(a) He does not take a job with them.
(c) Assistant bookkeeper.
2. What happens at a narrow part of the river?
(a) Jason and Charlie get caught on a snag.
(b) There is a bottleneck of boats.
(c) Fish are caught along the shore.
(d) Fifteen boats tip over.
3. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
(a) Help out around the cabin.
(b) Leave before the weather gets really bad.
(c) Learn how to live without a foot.
(d) Talk to Jason more.
4. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
(a) He stops at dusk.
(b) He decides to paddle through the night.
(c) He stops at midnight.
(d) He stops at dinner time.
5. What does Jack tell Jason he wants to be?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A writer.
(c) An editor.
(d) A journalist.
6. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
(a) Get rid of Charlie.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Hunt for gold.
(d) Find his brothers.
7. Where does Jason see his first bull moose?
(a) In the river ahead of him.
(b) At night when pulled on the shore to sleep.
(c) Far off on a plain.
(d) On the shore near Laberge.
8. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
9. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
(a) He feels useless.
(b) He is happy that him and Jason are friends.
(c) He feels great.
(d) He feels abandoned.
10. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
(a) Fish and meat.
(b) Someone to take them back down.
(c) Vegetables and mushrooms.
(d) Extra furs for warmth.
11. At what date does Jason reach the end of Lake Bennett?
(a) August 27.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 30.
(d) October 1.
12. What does Jason think about when he looks at the night sky?
(a) There are more stars than he has ever seen.
(b) Where his brothers might be.
(c) He'd like to travel to the stars.
(d) How far away home is.
13. What does Jason reach at the end of Lake Bennett?
(a) The Yukon River.
(b) The Straits of Yukon.
(c) Lake Thikitucah.
(d) Fort Klondike.
14. What does Alex McDonald give Charlie?
(a) All the gold he can carry.
(b) A job.
(c) A place to live.
(d) A sturdy horse.
15. What does Jason find he has done in the morning?
(a) Caught up to many of the boats that was ahead of him.
(b) Gotten wet from sleeping near the water.
(c) Dropped his first aid kit over board.
(d) Fallen asleep in the canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
2. What does Jason decide he must do about the Mounties?
3. What do Charlie and Jason plan to do about the holiday coming up?
4. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
5. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)