|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(c) No one.
(d) Jack London.
2. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
(a) Cross the river.
(b) Go up into the mountains.
(c) Try to find something less dangerous.
(d) Set out a trap.
3. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
(a) A great catastrophe.
(c) Some people might get wet.
(d) Jason and Charlie could be tipped over.
4. In what month does spring thaw arrive where Jason is staying?
5. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
6. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
(a) Robert Henderson.
(b) Frank Barker.
(c) Jack London.
7. How long are the rapids that are ahead of Jason?
(a) One mile.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Four miles.
8. How long does Jason think it will take him to reach Dawson City after he leaves Lake Bennett?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) A month.
(d) Two to three weeks.
9. What makes the trip more pleasant for Jason?
(a) Knowing he is only a week from seeing his brother.
(b) The weather is nice.
(c) Having so many people around him.
(d) Having his dog with him.
10. What do the boys do to pass the time?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Read Scientific American.
(c) Paint pictures on the cabin walls.
(d) Write a journal.
11. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
(a) Talk to Jason more.
(b) Help out around the cabin.
(c) Learn how to live without a foot.
(d) Leave before the weather gets really bad.
12. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
(a) Half of it.
(b) The rib portions.
(c) The breast.
(d) The hindquarters.
13. What does Jason think about when he looks at the night sky?
(a) Where his brothers might be.
(b) How far away home is.
(c) He'd like to travel to the stars.
(d) There are more stars than he has ever seen.
14. What are some of the people on the river called?
(c) Gold Fools.
(d) Green Fools.
15. What does Jason finally realize about where the bear might be?
(a) It probably went south.
(b) Across the river.
(c) In a cave in the mountains.
(d) There is no bear around.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what date does Jason reach the end of Lake Bennett?
2. What does Charlie point out to Jason?
3. What sign does Charlie point out to Jason?
4. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
5. What is Jason's dog supposed to hate doing?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)