|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sign does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) Lost and Found.
(b) Hawthorn Brothers Sawmill.
(c) Hawthorn Merchant Store.
(d) Title and Deeds Office.
2. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
(a) Frank Barker.
(c) Robert Henderson.
(d) Jack London.
3. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
(a) Fish and meat.
(b) Someone to take them back down.
(c) Extra furs for warmth.
(d) Vegetables and mushrooms.
4. How long are the rapids that are ahead of Jason?
(a) One mile.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Three miles.
(d) Four miles.
5. What happens to the ice on the river as Jason and Charlie watch it in the spring?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It rises up.
(c) It thins out enough to cut.
(d) It becomes thicker.
6. Why is Jack looking poorly?
(a) He contracted scruvy.
(b) He has TB.
(c) He broke his leg and it is infected.
(d) He did not find any gold.
7. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
(a) He licks Jason's face.
(b) He sits down and watches Jason.
(c) He slinks away.
(d) He growls.
8. Why doesn't Jason take the entire caribou?
(a) He doesn't really like the taste of caribou.
(b) It would be too heavy for the canoe.
(c) There is no way to perserve it in a short amount of time.
(d) He can't eat that much meat.
9. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(a) No one.
(d) Jack London.
10. How many bears come out of the den?
11. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
(a) Charlie's father is coming to get him.
(b) Jason is planning to leave soon.
(c) Charlie's leg is infected.
(d) The food supply is growing low.
12. How long does Jason think it will take him to reach Dawson City after he leaves Lake Bennett?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) A month.
(d) Two to three weeks.
13. Who first found gold in the area?
(a) Paul Rhodes.
(b) Nathiel Goodbody.
(c) Baron von Heitermeister.
(d) Henderson and Carmack.
14. What does Homer write for Jason?
(a) A poem.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) A small play.
(d) A story of Jason's travels.
15. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
(a) He sets it (them) on fire.
(b) He kills it or them.
(c) He climbs a tree.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason know he will have to do about the rapids?
2. How does the reunion between Jason and his brothers go?
3. Why does Jason return to his cabin when he was following tracks?
4. What do Charlie and Jason do when they leave the cabin?
5. What does Jason pick to eat to prevent scurvy?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)