|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He is not with Jason.
(b) He is injured.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He runs away.
2. What is in the tent Jason found?
(a) One dead men and a lot of food.
(b) A dead dog.
(c) Two men frozen solid.
3. Why is Jack looking poorly?
(a) He did not find any gold.
(b) He has TB.
(c) He contracted scruvy.
(d) He broke his leg and it is infected.
4. How many bears come out of the den?
5. Who first found gold in the area?
(a) Paul Rhodes.
(b) Henderson and Carmack.
(c) Baron von Heitermeister.
(d) Nathiel Goodbody.
6. What are the merchants on the river selling?
(a) There are no merchants on the river.
(b) Maps to the gold.
(d) Milk and livestock and fruit.
7. What stuns Abe and Ethan about Jason?
(a) How much he has grown and endured.
(b) That he found so much gold.
(c) That he came there.
(d) That he has Charlie with them.
8. What does Jason reach at the end of Lake Bennett?
(a) Lake Thikitucah.
(b) The Yukon River.
(c) Fort Klondike.
(d) The Straits of Yukon.
9. What do the boys do to pass the time?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Paint pictures on the cabin walls.
(c) Read Scientific American.
(d) Write a journal.
10. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
(a) There are dead in each place.
(b) They are all empty.
(c) He barters for food but they do not want anything he offers.
(d) The villages are empty and the man in the cabin is dead.
11. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
(a) Write them a letter.
(b) Scare them.
(c) Play a joke.
(d) Demand his inheritance.
12. Why are the bull moose fighting?
(a) There are too many females.
(b) It is rutting season.
(c) There are too many males.
(d) There is not enough food.
13. How long does Jason stay at Lake Bennett?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three months.
14. What does Jason pick to eat to prevent scurvy?
(b) Mountain laurel.
(d) Rose hips and fruit.
15. What does Jason decide about when to pull over and rest?
(a) He stops at dinner time.
(b) He decides to paddle through the night.
(c) He stops at midnight.
(d) He stops at dusk.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many boats are on the river?
2. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
3. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
4. What breaks twice as Jason and Charlie are watching the river?
5. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)