|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bears come out of the den?
2. What does Jason find he has done in the morning?
(a) Gotten wet from sleeping near the water.
(b) Fallen asleep in the canoe.
(c) Caught up to many of the boats that was ahead of him.
(d) Dropped his first aid kit over board.
3. What does Jason tell Charlie about Charlie being there?
(a) Jason does not want him there.
(b) Jason needs him there.
(c) Charlie will have to leave because there is not enough food.
(d) Jason does not care if he is there or not.
4. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
(a) A great catastrophe.
(b) Jason and Charlie could be tipped over.
(d) Some people might get wet.
5. What happens to Jason's dog while they are fighting bear?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He is not with Jason.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is injured.
6. What does Jason think he might be able to find at a village?
(a) Fish and meat.
(b) Vegetables and mushrooms.
(c) Someone to take them back down.
(d) Extra furs for warmth.
7. What does Jason think about when he looks at the night sky?
(a) Where his brothers might be.
(b) There are more stars than he has ever seen.
(c) He'd like to travel to the stars.
(d) How far away home is.
8. What sign does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) Lost and Found.
(b) Title and Deeds Office.
(c) Hawthorn Brothers Sawmill.
(d) Hawthorn Merchant Store.
9. What does Jason see at a village that he follows?
(a) Wolf tracks.
(b) Bear tracks.
(c) Elk tracks.
(d) Moose tracks.
10. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
(a) Jack London.
(c) Frank Barker.
11. What holiday is coming up in Chapter 22?
(b) Winter Solstice.
(c) New Year's.
12. What does Homer write for Jason?
(a) A story of Jason's travels.
(b) A letter of introduction.
(c) A poem.
(d) A small play.
13. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
(a) Jason is planning to leave soon.
(b) Charlie's father is coming to get him.
(c) The food supply is growing low.
(d) Charlie's leg is infected.
14. What does Jack tell Jason he wants to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) An editor.
(c) A journalist.
(d) A publisher.
15. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
(a) Try to find something less dangerous.
(b) Go up into the mountains.
(c) Set out a trap.
(d) Cross the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the merchants on the river selling?
2. Where are people who are lost stranded?
3. What does Jason think would happen to Charlie if Jason died?
4. What makes the trip more pleasant for Jason?
5. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)