|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many bears come out of the den?
2. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
(a) Talk to Jason more.
(b) Learn how to live without a foot.
(c) Help out around the cabin.
(d) Leave before the weather gets really bad.
3. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
(a) Some people might get wet.
(b) A great catastrophe.
(d) Jason and Charlie could be tipped over.
4. What does Jason finally realize about where the bear might be?
(a) In a cave in the mountains.
(b) Across the river.
(c) It probably went south.
(d) There is no bear around.
5. What are some of the people on the river called?
(a) Green Fools.
(c) Gold Fools.
6. What are the merchants on the river selling?
(b) Milk and livestock and fruit.
(c) Maps to the gold.
(d) There are no merchants on the river.
7. Why are the rapids considered so dangerous?
(a) Box canyons, whirlpools and eddies.
(b) The rocks are sharp granite.
(c) There are too many animals in the rapids.
(d) The water is almost a freezing temperatures.
8. From where is Charlie originally?
(b) New York.
9. What does Jason see at a village that he follows?
(a) Moose tracks.
(b) Wolf tracks.
(c) Bear tracks.
(d) Elk tracks.
10. What does Homer write for Jason?
(a) A letter of introduction.
(b) A poem.
(c) A small play.
(d) A story of Jason's travels.
11. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
(a) He sets it (them) on fire.
(b) He kills it or them.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He climbs a tree.
12. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
13. How does Jason's dog respond when he asks him to help?
(a) He sits down and watches Jason.
(b) He slinks away.
(c) He growls.
(d) He licks Jason's face.
14. What part of the caribou does Jason take?
(a) The breast.
(b) Half of it.
(c) The hindquarters.
(d) The rib portions.
15. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
(a) He feels abandoned.
(b) He feels useless.
(c) He is happy that him and Jason are friends.
(d) He feels great.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
2. Why is Jack looking poorly?
3. Where must Jason pass in order to feel safe?
4. What is Jason's dog supposed to hate doing?
5. Who is performing at the theater where Jason's brothers take him?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)