|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might so many people who are stranded die?
(a) The river is frozen so it is difficult to fish.
(b) There are too many people around for the amount of game.
(c) They don't know anything about the wilderness or the mountains.
(d) Everything looks the same when covered with snow.
2. What breaks twice as Jason and Charlie are watching the river?
(a) The dam.
(b) The weather.
(d) The rocks on the river.
3. With what does Jason struggle after he shoots a caribou?
(a) How to butcher it.
(b) Feeling bad about killing an animal.
(c) How to preserve it.
(d) Getting it to shore.
4. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
(a) Charlie's leg is infected.
(b) The food supply is growing low.
(c) Jason is planning to leave soon.
(d) Charlie's father is coming to get him.
5. What does Jason decide to do to his brothers?
(a) Demand his inheritance.
(b) Play a joke.
(c) Scare them.
(d) Write them a letter.
6. What happens at a narrow part of the river?
(a) Jason and Charlie get caught on a snag.
(b) Fifteen boats tip over.
(c) There is a bottleneck of boats.
(d) Fish are caught along the shore.
7. How long does Jason stay at Lake Bennett?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three months.
8. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
9. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
(a) He is happy that him and Jason are friends.
(b) He feels abandoned.
(c) He feels great.
(d) He feels useless.
10. Why do Abe and Ethan come out of their office?
(a) To meet Jason thinking he is someone else.
(b) To go home for the day.
(c) To go to lunch.
(d) To reprimand a worker.
11. What does Jason want to do in Dawson City?
(a) Hunt for gold.
(b) Get rid of Charlie.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Find his brothers.
12. What does Jason pick to eat to prevent scurvy?
(c) Mountain laurel.
(d) Rose hips and fruit.
13. What are many of the Klondikers doing with the caribou?
(a) Scaring them away.
(b) Shooting them for meat.
(c) Watching them play in the water.
(d) Stealing the babies.
14. What does Alex McDonald give Charlie?
(a) A sturdy horse.
(b) A job.
(c) All the gold he can carry.
(d) A place to live.
15. Who helps the people on the river keep moving?
(c) No one.
(d) Jack London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason consider Lake Bennett to be in Chapter 14?
2. What does Jason decide to do about finding a bear?
3. What is Dawson City nicknamed?
4. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
5. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)