|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Jason feeling towards Charlie by Chapter 20?
2. What does Charlie point out to Jason?
(a) A tavern.
(b) A boarding house.
(c) The sheriff's office.
(d) A warehouse.
3. What happens at a narrow part of the river?
(a) Jason and Charlie get caught on a snag.
(b) There is a bottleneck of boats.
(c) Fifteen boats tip over.
(d) Fish are caught along the shore.
4. How long does Jason stay at Lake Bennett?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
5. To what is Dawson City compared?
(a) A farming community.
(b) A large city.
(c) A huge carnival.
(d) A city slum.
6. How long are the rapids that are ahead of Jason?
(a) Four miles.
(b) Three miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) One mile.
7. What do the boys do to pass the time?
(a) Read Scientific American.
(b) Paint pictures on the cabin walls.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Write a journal.
8. What does Jason consider Lake Bennett to be in Chapter 14?
(a) A possible place to stay for the winter.
(b) His biggest goal yet.
(c) A place to rest.
(d) An insurmountable problem
9. How does Jason end up dealing with the bear or bears?
(a) He climbs a tree.
(b) He sets it (them) on fire.
(c) He kills it or them.
(d) He runs away.
10. How does the crowd feel when the person in question #113 makes it through the rapids?
11. What does Charlie tell Jason about how he feels?
(a) He feels great.
(b) He feels abandoned.
(c) He is happy that him and Jason are friends.
(d) He feels useless.
12. What is in the tent Jason found?
(b) One dead men and a lot of food.
(c) Two men frozen solid.
(d) A dead dog.
13. What is the part of the Yukon that splits into five channels called?
(a) Five Fingers.
(b) The Five Split.
(c) Five Arms.
(d) Five Sisters.
14. How are conditions for Jason to walk about?
(a) The weather has calmed down and the sun is out.
(b) Jason doesn't walk about much.
(c) The ground is so frozen walking is easy.
(d) The weather is brutal and walking is very difficult.
15. What does Jason find Charlie has done when he returns to the cabin?
(a) Broken the table.
(b) Let the fire go out.
(c) Pulled the down quit apart.
(d) Burned all the magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jason talk to a his brothers' business?
2. What does Jason lose as the bear comes out of the den?
3. Why do Abe and Ethan come out of their office?
4. What does Jason try to hide from Charlie?
5. What could possibly occur if people are careless on the river?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)