|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
(a) An ant.
(b) His father.
(c) A bumblebee.
(d) A salmon swimming up stream.
2. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Lucy Gant.
(c) Jack London.
3. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Investigate fraud.
(b) Kill horse thieves.
(c) Hang murderers.
(d) Rob the people of the town.
4. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
(a) The key to their parents' house.
(b) A train ticket to Alaska.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) A letter from his brother.
5. What do Jason and Jack do when they meet up again?
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Tell each other their stories.
(d) Trade items around.
6. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
(a) William and Stephen.
(b) Abraham and Ethan.
(c) David and Ethan.
(d) Stephen and Abraham.
7. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
(a) A false telegram.
(b) Instructions on how to pan for gold.
(c) A bridle for his horse.
(d) A fake map.
8. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
(a) This is the easiest part of the journey.
(b) Let the boat do your work.
(c) Novices usually fail to get over the water.
(d) He did not mention this leg to Jason.
9. How long does it take Jason to get home from New York?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
10. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To see the elephant.
(b) To have his wife alive.
(c) To see his oldest son.
(d) To live in a warm climate.
11. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) On fishing boats.
(b) In a shoe factory.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) A cannery.
12. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) What it takes to get to Klondike.
(b) What is the best warm states in America.
(c) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
(d) How to make a wife happy.
13. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
(a) Wages from horse handling.
(b) Being taken on a boat as crew.
(c) Finding a canoe with a small hole in it.
(d) Buys a canoe.
14. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Join him in stealing from people.
(b) Run a store for him in Skagway.
(c) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
(d) Become a deputy sheriff.
15. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) In a shoe factory.
(b) A cannery.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) Fishing boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
2. What does Jason think while he is walking?
3. Upon what ship does Jason stow away?
4. What is the name of Homer's boat?
5. What does Jason say about his parents?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)