|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
(a) Waiting out the winter and leaving in the spring.
(b) Starving to death.
(c) Going home.
(d) No finding any gold.
2. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
(b) He doesn't know.
3. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) John Christopher.
(b) Nathan Bidings.
(c) Thomas Paleton.
(d) Jack London.
4. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
(a) A false telegram.
(b) A bridle for his horse.
(c) A fake map.
(d) Instructions on how to pan for gold.
5. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
(a) Berryman's Turn.
(c) Crystal Lake.
6. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If he wants to join their group.
(b) If he has a good map.
(c) If his dog is for sale.
(d) If he has any extra food.
7. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
(a) 500 pounds.
(b) Seven hundred pounds.
(c) Four hundred pounds.
8. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(d) Dawson City.
9. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
(a) They are all lazy.
(b) They will get his gold.
(c) Make it difficult to travel.
(d) They are all dumb for being there.
10. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
(a) A puppy floating by.
(b) A man screaming and yelling.
(c) A deer with a broken leg.
(d) A horse stuck in the mud.
11. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(c) He does not mention a split.
(d) It will be split three ways.
12. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
(a) Diablo Pass.
(b) White Pass.
(c) Donner's Pass.
(d) Churntop Pass.
13. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To see his oldest son.
(b) To have his wife alive.
(c) To see the elephant.
(d) To live in a warm climate.
14. What is Jason's hometown?
(d) St. Louis.
15. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) Back to Skagway.
(b) With Jack.
(c) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
(d) No where.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
2. What does Jason wonder when he prepares to leave again?
3. How long does it take Jason to get home from New York?
4. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
5. What kind of a job does Jason get?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)