|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jason's hometown?
(c) St. Louis.
2. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) A letter from his brother.
(c) A train ticket to Alaska.
(d) The key to their parents' house.
3. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(a) Trail guide.
(b) Wagon driver.
(c) Horse handler.
4. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
5. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
(a) Stephen and Abraham.
(b) David and Ethan.
(c) William and Stephen.
(d) Abraham and Ethan.
6. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They are not far ahead of him.
(b) They did not come that way.
(c) They have already staked a claim.
(d) They are in the next settlement.
7. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Jamie's Delight.
(b) Klondike Cutter.
(c) Homer's Odyssey.
(d) Yukon Belle.
8. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Brave a dangerous set of rapids.
(c) Jump the water fall.
(d) Carry their canoe past the rapids.
9. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
(a) The sale of their livestock.
(b) Jason's inheritance.
(c) Money their grandparents gave them.
(d) Money saved from their wages.
10. Who dropped out of Jack's group?
11. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
(a) They know nothing about horses.
(b) They are not taking enough supplies.
(c) They pack too large a load.
(d) They are fairly competent.
12. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Summer pneumonia.
(c) Stomach virus.
(d) Infected tooth.
13. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) Nathan Bidings.
(b) John Christopher.
(c) Jack London.
(d) Thomas Paleton.
14. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He hunts small game.
(b) He fishes.
(c) He carries his food with him.
(d) People along the trail invite him to eat.
15. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
(a) Joseph Blackman.
(b) Frank Barker.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Peter Forthsom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
2. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
3. What do Jason and Jack do when they meet up again?
4. How long does it take Jason to get home from New York?
5. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)