|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(a) Being so young.
(b) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(c) The Canadian Mounties.
2. What does Jason notice most of the people in Skagway are?
3. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Five days.
4. Why does the scene along the trail shock Jason?
(a) That people are fighting over position on the trail.
(b) That there are families with young children.
(c) The cruelty to the animals, especially the horses.
(d) The number of people.
5. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He hunts small game.
(b) He fishes.
(c) He carries his food with him.
(d) People along the trail invite him to eat.
6. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) In British Columbia.
(b) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
(c) Upstate New York.
(d) In Washington state.
7. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Democrat.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A wage slave.
(d) A Republican.
8. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
(b) Four hundred pounds.
(c) Seven hundred pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
9. How old is Jason on this adventure?
10. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Jamie's Delight.
(b) Yukon Belle.
(c) Homer's Odyssey.
(d) Klondike Cutter.
11. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) He works at the general store.
(b) He trades his extra pair of boots.
(c) He uses the money his brothers left him.
(d) With his wages from his short time job.
12. What is Jason's hometown?
(c) St. Louis.
13. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) A cannery.
(b) On fishing boats.
(c) In a shoe factory.
(d) A saw mill.
14. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) A saw mill.
(b) Fishing boat.
(c) In a shoe factory.
(d) A cannery.
15. Why does Jack offer Jason a prospector's outfit?
(a) Jack has a son Jason's age.
(b) He doesn't need it.
(c) Jack knows Jason's brothers.
(d) Jack doesn't want to carry it with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason say about his parents?
2. How does Jason's dog help him?
3. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
4. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
5. In what year does this book begin?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)