|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
(a) They are all lazy.
(b) They are all dumb for being there.
(c) They will get his gold.
(d) Make it difficult to travel.
2. Where do Jason's brothers live?
(a) With their wives.
(b) With their parents.
(c) In Mrs. Beal's boarding house.
(d) At the Downtown Apartment House.
3. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
(b) Make a hand cart.
(c) Get a dog sled.
(d) Get a wagon.
4. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Republican.
(b) A Democrat.
(c) A wage slave.
(d) A farmer.
5. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
(a) New York.
(b) Dawson City.
6. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) Back to Skagway.
(b) No where.
(c) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
(d) With Jack.
7. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Preston and Jackson.
(b) Robinson and Bailey.
(c) Johnson and Flynn.
(d) Sowerby and Bacon.
8. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) His brothers are getting farther away.
(b) His dog is getting old.
(c) Winter is coming quickly.
(d) He has no more money.
9. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) In a shoe factory.
(b) A cannery.
(c) On fishing boats.
(d) A saw mill.
10. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
(a) Starving to death.
(b) Going home.
(c) Waiting out the winter and leaving in the spring.
(d) No finding any gold.
11. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(b) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(c) The Canadian Mounties.
(d) Being so young.
12. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They have already staked a claim.
(b) They are in the next settlement.
(c) They are not far ahead of him.
(d) They did not come that way.
13. Who does Jason first see when he wakes after being sick?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Lucy Gant.
(c) Jamie Dunavant.
(d) Jack London.
14. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
(a) Summer pneumonia.
(b) Stomach virus.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Infected tooth.
15. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do three sailors dump Jason?
2. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
3. How does Jason's dog help him?
4. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
5. Why does Jack offer Jason a prospector's outfit?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)