Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
2. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
(c) Crystal Lake.
(d) Berryman's Turn.
3. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) Fishing boat.
(b) A cannery.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) In a shoe factory.
4. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) Winter is coming quickly.
(b) He has no more money.
(c) His dog is getting old.
(d) His brothers are getting farther away.
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They've made a lot of money.
(b) They were turned away at the border.
(c) The weather is too cold.
(d) They've given up.
6. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
(a) The gold rush of 49.
(b) Traveling to all of the states of America.
(c) Being married with children.
(d) Working in the coal mines.
7. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Become a deputy sheriff.
(b) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
(c) Join him in stealing from people.
(d) Run a store for him in Skagway.
8. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
(a) Frank Barker.
(c) Lucy Gant.
(d) Jack London.
9. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
(a) They pack too large a load.
(b) They are not taking enough supplies.
(c) They know nothing about horses.
(d) They are fairly competent.
10. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
(a) A horse stuck in the mud.
(b) A deer with a broken leg.
(c) A man screaming and yelling.
(d) A puppy floating by.
11. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(c) Helena, Montana.
12. What does Jason think while he is walking?
(a) He is stronger than Jack.
(b) His mother will kill him.
(c) His father would be proud of him.
(d) His brothers are waiting for him.
13. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
(a) He thought Jason was too young to be friends.
(b) He thought Jason might be dead.
(c) He figured Jason had given up.
(d) He wish he had known they were going to meet again.
14. Where are Jason and his dog when they make it to the top of the answer to question #54?
(b) Washington State.
15. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) What is the best warm states in America.
(b) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
(c) What it takes to get to Klondike.
(d) How to make a wife happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
2. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
3. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
4. Where is the place in question #11?
5. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)