|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(a) It will be split three ways.
(c) He does not mention a split.
2. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
(a) He doesn't know.
3. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He hunts small game.
(b) People along the trail invite him to eat.
(c) He carries his food with him.
(d) He fishes.
4. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
(a) A bridle for his horse.
(b) A fake map.
(c) Instructions on how to pan for gold.
(d) A false telegram.
5. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
(b) What is the best warm states in America.
(c) What it takes to get to Klondike.
(d) How to make a wife happy.
6. What can Jason not imagine about not going on?
(a) Missing his brothers.
(b) Returning to a nine to five job.
(c) Waiting another eight months.
(d) Throwing away his outfit.
7. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
(a) Like they are long lost friends.
8. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Homer's Odyssey.
(b) Yukon Belle.
(c) Klondike Cutter.
(d) Jamie's Delight.
9. In what year does this book begin?
10. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(a) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(b) The Canadian Mounties.
(c) Being so young.
11. What worries people who are on the boat?
(a) Passing through customs.
(b) Being attacked by a grizzly bear.
(c) Getting over the rapids.
(d) Getting past the waterfall.
12. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
(a) This is the easiest part of the journey.
(b) Novices usually fail to get over the water.
(c) He did not mention this leg to Jason.
(d) Let the boat do your work.
13. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
(a) Money saved from their wages.
(b) The sale of their livestock.
(c) Jason's inheritance.
(d) Money their grandparents gave them.
14. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(a) Apple cider.
(c) Chewiing gum.
(d) Pretty postcards.
15. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would never return.
(b) He would not return until he is rich.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would stay away at least a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How heavy is the outfit?
2. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
3. For what does a man want to hire Jason?
4. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
5. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)