|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
(a) Wages from horse handling.
(b) Buys a canoe.
(c) Being taken on a boat as crew.
(d) Finding a canoe with a small hole in it.
2. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) He is too young.
(b) If his outfit is underweight.
(c) He has a dog with him.
(d) His brothers told customs to stop him.
3. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
4. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(a) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(b) The Canadian Mounties.
(c) Being so young.
5. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If he wants to join their group.
(b) If he has a good map.
(c) If his dog is for sale.
(d) If he has any extra food.
6. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
(a) Carry their canoe past the rapids.
(b) Brave a dangerous set of rapids.
(c) Go home.
(d) Jump the water fall.
7. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
(a) They are all dumb for being there.
(b) Make it difficult to travel.
(c) They are all lazy.
(d) They will get his gold.
8. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
(a) He thought Jason was too young to be friends.
(b) He figured Jason had given up.
(c) He thought Jason might be dead.
(d) He wish he had known they were going to meet again.
9. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Make a hand cart.
(b) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
(c) Get a dog sled.
(d) Get a wagon.
10. What worries people who are on the boat?
(a) Being attacked by a grizzly bear.
(b) Passing through customs.
(c) Getting past the waterfall.
(d) Getting over the rapids.
11. What does Jason think while he is walking?
(a) His brothers are waiting for him.
(b) His father would be proud of him.
(c) He is stronger than Jack.
(d) His mother will kill him.
12. How heavy is the outfit?
(a) Four hundred pounds.
(b) Seven hundred pounds.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 1200 pounds.
13. How does Jason feel about Jack's offer?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) Jason is shocked.
(c) He is distrusting.
(d) Jason is curious.
14. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To live in a warm climate.
(b) To see his oldest son.
(c) To see the elephant.
(d) To have his wife alive.
15. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) His brothers are getting farther away.
(b) He has no more money.
(c) Winter is coming quickly.
(d) His dog is getting old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
2. Why does the scene along the trail shock Jason?
3. Where do Jason's brothers work?
4. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
5. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)