|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jason's brothers live?
(a) With their wives.
(b) In Mrs. Beal's boarding house.
(c) With their parents.
(d) At the Downtown Apartment House.
2. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) Nathan Bidings.
(b) Jack London.
(c) Thomas Paleton.
(d) John Christopher.
3. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
(a) The completion of the transcontinental railroad.
(b) The new president.
(c) The gold rush.
(d) The possibility of war.
4. How does Jason's dog help him?
(a) He hunts game.
(b) He scares off thieves.
(c) He keeps Jason warm at night.
(d) He pulls some of the weight.
5. How does Jason feel about Jack's offer?
(a) Jason is shocked.
(b) He is indifferent.
(c) He is distrusting.
(d) Jason is curious.
6. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Johnson and Flynn.
(b) Preston and Jackson.
(c) Sowerby and Bacon.
(d) Robinson and Bailey.
7. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
(b) No where.
(c) Back to Skagway.
(d) With Jack.
8. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
(a) He thought Jason was too young to be friends.
(b) He figured Jason had given up.
(c) He thought Jason might be dead.
(d) He wish he had known they were going to meet again.
9. What do Jason and Jack do when they meet up again?
(b) Ignore each other.
(c) Trade items around.
(d) Tell each other their stories.
10. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) What it takes to get to Klondike.
(b) What is the best warm states in America.
(c) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
(d) How to make a wife happy.
11. Upon what ship does Jason stow away?
(a) The Belle of the Sea.
(b) The Yakima.
(d) The Seagull.
12. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(a) Apple cider.
(b) Pretty postcards.
(d) Chewiing gum.
13. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Joseph Blackman.
(c) Peter Forthsom.
(d) Captain Smith.
14. How old is Jason on this adventure?
15. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
(a) An ant.
(b) A bumblebee.
(c) A salmon swimming up stream.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
2. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
3. What does Jason name his dog?
4. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
5. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)