|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack say is a fair trade for the outfit?
(a) Jason's dog.
(b) Two bits of silver.
(c) Jason's help with the horses.
(d) Some of Jason's stories.
2. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Sears Towers.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Grand Central Depot.
(d) Empire State Building.
3. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) A cannery.
(b) In a shoe factory.
(c) On fishing boats.
(d) A saw mill.
4. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
5. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
6. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) In Washington state.
(b) In British Columbia.
(c) Upstate New York.
(d) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
7. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
(a) They are all dumb for being there.
(b) They are all lazy.
(c) They will get his gold.
(d) Make it difficult to travel.
8. Upon what ship does Jason stow away?
(a) The Belle of the Sea.
(b) The Seagull.
(c) The Yakima.
9. What can Jason not imagine about not going on?
(a) Throwing away his outfit.
(b) Returning to a nine to five job.
(c) Missing his brothers.
(d) Waiting another eight months.
10. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Get a dog sled.
(b) Get a wagon.
(c) Make a hand cart.
(d) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
11. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) A train ticket to Alaska.
(c) A letter from his brother.
(d) The key to their parents' house.
12. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
(c) Like they are long lost friends.
13. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
(a) Go home.
(b) Brave a dangerous set of rapids.
(c) Jump the water fall.
(d) Carry their canoe past the rapids.
14. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
(a) Churntop Pass.
(b) Donner's Pass.
(c) White Pass.
(d) Diablo Pass.
15. What does the younger man in the rail car recite?
(a) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) A Purple Cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
2. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
3. What kind of a job does Jason get?
4. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
5. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)