|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would never return.
(b) He would not return until he is rich.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would stay away at least a year.
2. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Homer's Odyssey.
(b) Yukon Belle.
(c) Jamie's Delight.
(d) Klondike Cutter.
3. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
(a) Denver, Colorado.
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Minot, North Dakota.
4. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
(a) If he should travel with someone.
(b) If he should go home.
(c) Where Jack is going.
(d) If his brothers will wait for him.
5. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(b) Trail guide.
(c) Wagon driver.
(d) Horse handler.
6. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They were turned away at the border.
(b) They've made a lot of money.
(c) The weather is too cold.
(d) They've given up.
7. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) John Christopher.
(b) Jack London.
(c) Thomas Paleton.
(d) Nathan Bidings.
8. What does Jason say about his parents?
(a) His father is depressed since his mother died.
(b) They are not living together.
(c) They live in Europe.
(d) They are both dead.
9. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
(a) Finding a canoe with a small hole in it.
(b) Being taken on a boat as crew.
(c) Buys a canoe.
(d) Wages from horse handling.
10. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(b) Pretty postcards.
(c) Chewiing gum.
(d) Apple cider.
11. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
(a) Being married with children.
(b) The gold rush of 49.
(c) Working in the coal mines.
(d) Traveling to all of the states of America.
12. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
(a) He thought Jason was too young to be friends.
(b) He thought Jason might be dead.
(c) He figured Jason had given up.
(d) He wish he had known they were going to meet again.
13. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Sowerby and Bacon.
(b) Robinson and Bailey.
(c) Johnson and Flynn.
(d) Preston and Jackson.
14. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Rob the people of the town.
(b) Investigate fraud.
(c) Hang murderers.
(d) Kill horse thieves.
15. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Grand Central Depot.
(d) Sears Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Jason after he passes out on the trail?
2. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
3. How old is Jason on this adventure?
4. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
5. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)