|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason think while he is walking?
(a) He is stronger than Jack.
(b) His brothers are waiting for him.
(c) His mother will kill him.
(d) His father would be proud of him.
2. How heavy is the outfit?
(a) 1200 pounds.
(b) Seven hundred pounds.
(c) Four hundred pounds.
(d) 500 pounds.
3. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
(b) What is the best warm states in America.
(c) How to make a wife happy.
(d) What it takes to get to Klondike.
4. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Sowerby and Bacon.
(b) Johnson and Flynn.
(c) Robinson and Bailey.
(d) Preston and Jackson.
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They've made a lot of money.
(b) The weather is too cold.
(c) They've given up.
(d) They were turned away at the border.
6. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(a) Being so young.
(b) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(d) The Canadian Mounties.
7. What does Jason say about his parents?
(a) They are not living together.
(b) His father is depressed since his mother died.
(c) They live in Europe.
(d) They are both dead.
8. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
9. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
10. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
(a) A bridle for his horse.
(b) A fake map.
(c) Instructions on how to pan for gold.
(d) A false telegram.
11. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If his dog is for sale.
(b) If he wants to join their group.
(c) If he has a good map.
(d) If he has any extra food.
12. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
(a) Brave the Chilkoot many more times.
(b) Get a dog sled.
(c) Make a hand cart.
(d) Get a wagon.
13. For what does a man want to hire Jason?
(a) To rescue him if his canoe turns over.
(b) To help carry his canoe.
(c) To handle his horses.
(d) To hunt with him to add more food to his boat.
14. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
(a) A salmon swimming up stream.
(b) A bumblebee.
(c) An ant.
(d) His father.
15. Where are Jason and his dog when they make it to the top of the answer to question #54?
(a) Washington State.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
2. How does Jason feel about Jack's offer?
3. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
4. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
5. How old is Jason on this adventure?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)