|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(a) Pretty postcards.
(b) Chewiing gum.
(d) Apple cider.
2. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) He has no more money.
(b) Winter is coming quickly.
(c) His brothers are getting farther away.
(d) His dog is getting old.
3. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He fishes.
(b) People along the trail invite him to eat.
(c) He carries his food with him.
(d) He hunts small game.
4. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) His lack of funds.
(b) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
(c) Jason thinks he is too young.
(d) Not having a good map.
5. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
(a) His summer crop.
(b) His family farm.
(c) His stock shares.
(d) Two horses and a carriage.
6. How does Jason feel about Jack's offer?
(a) Jason is curious.
(b) He is distrusting.
(c) Jason is shocked.
(d) He is indifferent.
7. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
(a) Brave a dangerous set of rapids.
(b) Carry their canoe past the rapids.
(c) Go home.
(d) Jump the water fall.
8. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(a) Helena, Montana.
(c) Salt Lake City.
9. In what year does this book begin?
10. How does Jason's dog help him?
(a) He keeps Jason warm at night.
(b) He pulls some of the weight.
(c) He scares off thieves.
(d) He hunts game.
11. How old is Jason on this adventure?
12. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(b) It will be split three ways.
(c) He does not mention a split.
13. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would not return until he is rich.
(b) He would stay away at least a year.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would never return.
14. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) His brothers told customs to stop him.
(b) He has a dog with him.
(c) He is too young.
(d) If his outfit is underweight.
15. For what does a man want to hire Jason?
(a) To handle his horses.
(b) To help carry his canoe.
(c) To hunt with him to add more food to his boat.
(d) To rescue him if his canoe turns over.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
2. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
3. What kind of a job does Jason get?
4. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
5. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)