|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Jim Foster.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Charles Bowers.
2. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
(b) He doesn't know.
3. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) Upstate New York.
(b) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
(c) In Washington state.
(d) In British Columbia.
4. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
(a) Buys a canoe.
(b) Being taken on a boat as crew.
(c) Finding a canoe with a small hole in it.
(d) Wages from horse handling.
5. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
(a) He thought Jason was too young to be friends.
(b) He figured Jason had given up.
(c) He thought Jason might be dead.
(d) He wish he had known they were going to meet again.
6. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) He uses the money his brothers left him.
(b) He works at the general store.
(c) He trades his extra pair of boots.
(d) With his wages from his short time job.
7. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would not return until he is rich.
(b) He would stay away at least a year.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would never return.
8. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
9. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
(a) A train ticket to Alaska.
(b) The key to their parents' house.
(c) A letter from his brother.
(d) His inheritance.
10. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) A cannery.
(b) Fishing boat.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) In a shoe factory.
11. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) How to make a wife happy.
(b) What is the best warm states in America.
(c) What it takes to get to Klondike.
(d) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
12. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
(c) New York.
(d) Dawson City.
13. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
(a) Going home.
(b) Starving to death.
(c) Waiting out the winter and leaving in the spring.
(d) No finding any gold.
14. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
(a) Hire a pack mule.
(b) Do it in relays.
(c) Let the dog carry most of it.
(d) Find a partner.
15. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) Not having a good map.
(b) His lack of funds.
(c) Jason thinks he is too young.
(d) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
2. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
3. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
4. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
5. What are Jamie and Homer going to do?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)