|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
(a) Jason's inheritance.
(b) Money their grandparents gave them.
(c) Money saved from their wages.
(d) The sale of their livestock.
2. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(b) Horse handler.
(c) Trail guide.
(d) Wagon driver.
3. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
(a) They are fairly competent.
(b) They are not taking enough supplies.
(c) They pack too large a load.
(d) They know nothing about horses.
4. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
(a) Where Jack is going.
(b) If his brothers will wait for him.
(c) If he should travel with someone.
(d) If he should go home.
5. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(a) Helena, Montana.
(b) Salt Lake City.
6. How old is Jason on this adventure?
7. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) He has a dog with him.
(b) His brothers told customs to stop him.
(c) He is too young.
(d) If his outfit is underweight.
8. What does Jason think while he is walking?
(a) His brothers are waiting for him.
(b) His father would be proud of him.
(c) He is stronger than Jack.
(d) His mother will kill him.
9. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) Jason thinks he is too young.
(b) Not having a good map.
(c) His lack of funds.
(d) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
10. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Preston and Jackson.
(b) Sowerby and Bacon.
(c) Johnson and Flynn.
(d) Robinson and Bailey.
11. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
(a) Find a partner.
(b) Do it in relays.
(c) Let the dog carry most of it.
(d) Hire a pack mule.
12. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
(a) They will get his gold.
(b) They are all dumb for being there.
(c) Make it difficult to travel.
(d) They are all lazy.
13. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Golden Stairs.
(b) Pike's Peak.
(c) The Black Crow switchback.
(d) The Stony Steps.
14. What is a big topic of conversation in Skagway besides gold?
15. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Join him in stealing from people.
(b) Run a store for him in Skagway.
(c) Become a deputy sheriff.
(d) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dropped out of Jack's group?
2. How do Jack and Jason act when they see each other again?
3. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
4. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
5. Where is the place in question #11?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)