|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
(a) Joseph Blackman.
(b) Frank Barker.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Peter Forthsom.
2. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) Stomach virus.
(c) Summer pneumonia.
(d) Infected tooth.
3. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Golden Stairs.
(b) The Stony Steps.
(c) Pike's Peak.
(d) The Black Crow switchback.
4. In what year does this book begin?
5. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Charles Bowers.
(c) Captain Smith.
(d) Jim Foster.
6. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
(a) An ant.
(b) A salmon swimming up stream.
(c) His father.
(d) A bumblebee.
7. How old is Jason on this adventure?
8. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) If his outfit is underweight.
(b) He has a dog with him.
(c) He is too young.
(d) His brothers told customs to stop him.
9. What does Jack say is a fair trade for the outfit?
(a) Jason's dog.
(b) Jason's help with the horses.
(c) Some of Jason's stories.
(d) Two bits of silver.
10. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five days.
11. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) With his wages from his short time job.
(b) He works at the general store.
(c) He trades his extra pair of boots.
(d) He uses the money his brothers left him.
12. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would not return until he is rich.
(b) He would stay away at least a year.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would never return.
13. What does Jason name his dog?
14. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
(a) His family farm.
(b) His summer crop.
(c) Two horses and a carriage.
(d) His stock shares.
15. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) Not having a good map.
(b) Jason thinks he is too young.
(c) His lack of funds.
(d) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a job does Jason get?
2. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
3. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
4. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
5. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)