|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
(a) Find a partner.
(b) Let the dog carry most of it.
(c) Hire a pack mule.
(d) Do it in relays.
2. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
(a) They are fairly competent.
(b) They are not taking enough supplies.
(c) They pack too large a load.
(d) They know nothing about horses.
3. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(a) Apple cider.
(b) Pretty postcards.
(c) Chewiing gum.
4. What does Jason name his dog?
5. What might stand in Jason's way besides the weather?
(b) Not knowing what real gold looks like.
(c) The Canadian Mounties.
(d) Being so young.
6. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
(a) They are in the next settlement.
(b) They are not far ahead of him.
(c) They have already staked a claim.
(d) They did not come that way.
7. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Republican.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A wage slave.
8. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) People along the trail invite him to eat.
(b) He fishes.
(c) He carries his food with him.
(d) He hunts small game.
9. Where do three sailors dump Jason?
(a) On a coral reef.
(b) On a beach.
(c) At the next town.
(d) In the ocean.
10. Who dropped out of Jack's group?
11. What does Jason say about his parents?
(a) They are both dead.
(b) They are not living together.
(c) They live in Europe.
(d) His father is depressed since his mother died.
12. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) His brothers told customs to stop him.
(b) If his outfit is underweight.
(c) He has a dog with him.
(d) He is too young.
13. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
(a) If his brothers will wait for him.
(b) Where Jack is going.
(c) If he should go home.
(d) If he should travel with someone.
14. What do Jason and Jack do when they meet up again?
(a) Tell each other their stories.
(c) Trade items around.
(d) Ignore each other.
15. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
(a) No finding any gold.
(b) Starving to death.
(c) Going home.
(d) Waiting out the winter and leaving in the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
2. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
3. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
4. Why does the scene along the trail shock Jason?
5. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)