|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) Pike's Peak.
(b) The Stony Steps.
(c) The Golden Stairs.
(d) The Black Crow switchback.
2. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) In Washington state.
(b) In British Columbia.
(c) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
(d) Upstate New York.
3. Why is Jason beginning to feel more pressure about reaching his goal?
(a) Winter is coming quickly.
(b) His brothers are getting farther away.
(c) His dog is getting old.
(d) He has no more money.
4. How does Jason finally get the means to continue his journey?
(a) Wages from horse handling.
(b) Being taken on a boat as crew.
(c) Buys a canoe.
(d) Finding a canoe with a small hole in it.
5. What can Jason not imagine about not going on?
(a) Missing his brothers.
(b) Waiting another eight months.
(c) Throwing away his outfit.
(d) Returning to a nine to five job.
6. Who does Jason spot in Skagway working for the head of law enforcement?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Charles Bowers.
(d) Jim Foster.
7. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Preston and Jackson.
(b) Johnson and Flynn.
(c) Robinson and Bailey.
(d) Sowerby and Bacon.
8. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Grand Central Depot.
(d) Sears Towers.
9. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(b) Trail guide.
(c) Wagon driver.
(d) Horse handler.
10. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
(a) Summer pneumonia.
(b) Infected tooth.
(c) Stomach virus.
(d) Food poisoning.
11. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
(a) If he wants to join their group.
(b) If his dog is for sale.
(c) If he has a good map.
(d) If he has any extra food.
12. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
13. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Peter Forthsom.
(c) Joseph Blackman.
(d) Captain Smith.
14. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(c) Helena, Montana.
(d) Salt Lake City.
15. What does Jack say is a fair trade for the outfit?
(a) Jason's dog.
(b) Jason's help with the horses.
(c) Some of Jason's stories.
(d) Two bits of silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason think while he is walking?
2. What does Jason say about his parents?
3. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
4. What do Jason and Jack do when they meet up again?
5. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)