|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 20-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Jason and his dog when they make it to the top of the answer to question #54?
(c) Washington State.
2. What does Jason try to figure out when he finds a bear's den?
(a) How to get the bear outside.
(b) Where to shoot a bear to kill it.
(c) How to get the bear back to the cabin.
(d) How to get inside the den.
3. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) With his wages from his short time job.
(b) He works at the general store.
(c) He uses the money his brothers left him.
(d) He trades his extra pair of boots.
4. What does Jason see for the first time?
(a) The northern lights.
(b) Herds of deer.
(c) A polar bear.
(d) A grizzly bear.
5. What does the man who helps Jason with his caribou say about the Mounties and August?
(a) They are being fairly relaxed about the rules.
(b) They are letting no one through.
(c) They are not stopping people right now.
(d) They are more lenient in August.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason find Charlie has done when he returns to the cabin?
2. Who is one of the few persons adventuresome enough to try the rapids?
3. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
4. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
5. How many boats are leaving the shore each day?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)