|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 20-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the man for whom Jason works?
(a) Sowerby and Bacon.
(b) Robinson and Bailey.
(c) Preston and Jackson.
(d) Johnson and Flynn.
2. What have some people resigned themselves to doing?
(a) Starving to death.
(b) Going home.
(c) No finding any gold.
(d) Waiting out the winter and leaving in the spring.
3. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
(a) Four hundred pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) Seven hundred pounds.
4. What is the name of Homer's boat?
(a) Jamie's Delight.
(b) Homer's Odyssey.
(c) Klondike Cutter.
(d) Yukon Belle.
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They've made a lot of money.
(b) They've given up.
(c) The weather is too cold.
(d) They were turned away at the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Jason and his dog when they make it to the top of the answer to question #54?
2. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
3. What does Jason get at the river?
4. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
5. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)