|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
(a) A puppy floating by.
(b) A deer with a broken leg.
(c) A horse stuck in the mud.
(d) A man screaming and yelling.
2. What does Jason say about his parents?
(a) His father is depressed since his mother died.
(b) They are both dead.
(c) They live in Europe.
(d) They are not living together.
3. What does Jason pick to eat to prevent scurvy?
(a) Mountain laurel.
(b) Rose hips and fruit.
4. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
(b) Chewiing gum.
(c) Apple cider.
(d) Pretty postcards.
5. What of Jason's did his brothers use to get to Skagway?
(a) The sale of their livestock.
(b) Money their grandparents gave them.
(c) Jason's inheritance.
(d) Money saved from their wages.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
2. What is the name of Homer's boat?
3. How much food is each prospector required to carry?
4. How old is Jason on this adventure?
5. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)