|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason decide he must do about the Mounties?
(a) Develop a plan.
(b) Sneak by them.
(c) Make sure he has enough weight in his outfit.
(d) Bribe them.
2. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
(a) White Pass.
(b) Donner's Pass.
(c) Churntop Pass.
(d) Diablo Pass.
3. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(a) Wagon driver.
(b) Trail guide.
(c) Horse handler.
4. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four months.
5. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Republican.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A wage slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
2. Why does Jack offer Jason a prospector's outfit?
3. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
4. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
5. Where do Jason's brothers live?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)