|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 14-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Black Crow switchback.
(b) Pike's Peak.
(c) The Golden Stairs.
(d) The Stony Steps.
2. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(b) He would stay away at least a year.
(c) He would never return.
(d) He would not return until he is rich.
3. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) His lack of funds.
(b) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
(c) Jason thinks he is too young.
(d) Not having a good map.
4. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Sears Towers.
(b) Empire State Building.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Grand Central Depot.
5. What does Jason pick to eat to prevent scurvy?
(a) Mountain laurel.
(c) Rose hips and fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
2. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
3. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
4. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
5. In what year does this book begin?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)