|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jason go in Chapter 13?
(a) With Jack.
(b) Back to Skagway.
(c) No where.
(d) To the spot where the outfit was dropped off.
2. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
(c) He does not mention a split.
(d) It will be split three ways.
3. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
(a) The new president.
(b) The possibility of war.
(c) The gold rush.
(d) The completion of the transcontinental railroad.
4. What had Jack suggested to Jason about moving the outfit?
(a) Let the dog carry most of it.
(b) Hire a pack mule.
(c) Do it in relays.
(d) Find a partner.
5. Upon what ship does Jason stow away?
(a) The Seagull.
(b) The Belle of the Sea.
(d) The Yakima.
Short Answer Questions
1. How heavy is the outfit?
2. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
3. What will Jason have to do if he takes the outfit?
4. What does Jason say about his parents?
5. What does Jason think of the crowds of people?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)