|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the head of law enforcement do the most?
(a) Investigate fraud.
(b) Rob the people of the town.
(c) Hang murderers.
(d) Kill horse thieves.
2. How does Jason feel about Jack's offer?
(a) He is indifferent.
(b) Jason is shocked.
(c) Jason is curious.
(d) He is distrusting.
3. What does Jason recall Homer saying about this leg of the journey?
(a) Novices usually fail to get over the water.
(b) Let the boat do your work.
(c) This is the easiest part of the journey.
(d) He did not mention this leg to Jason.
4. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
(a) David and Ethan.
(b) Stephen and Abraham.
(c) Abraham and Ethan.
(d) William and Stephen.
5. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) In a shoe factory.
(b) On fishing boats.
(c) A saw mill.
(d) A cannery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
2. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
3. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
4. What does Jack say about seeing Jason again?
5. What does Jason notice most of the people in Skagway are?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)