|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason want to learn from the older man?
(a) What is the best warm states in America.
(b) What it takes to get to Klondike.
(c) How to make a wife happy.
(d) What to do if caught hopping rail cars.
2. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) People along the trail invite him to eat.
(b) He hunts small game.
(c) He fishes.
(d) He carries his food with him.
3. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) Jack London.
(b) Nathan Bidings.
(c) Thomas Paleton.
(d) John Christopher.
4. Who is head of law enforcement in Skagway?
(a) Frank Barker.
(b) Captain Smith.
(c) Joseph Blackman.
(d) Peter Forthsom.
5. To what does Jason compare himself as he walks?
(a) A bumblebee.
(b) A salmon swimming up stream.
(c) His father.
(d) An ant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason notice about many of the people packing up to leave?
2. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
3. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
4. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
5. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)