|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(c) Helena, Montana.
2. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Five days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four months.
3. Why might Jason be stopped at customs?
(a) His brothers told customs to stop him.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He has a dog with him.
(d) If his outfit is underweight.
4. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Denver, Colorado.
(c) Minot, North Dakota.
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah.
5. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) Not having a good map.
(b) Jason thinks he is too young.
(c) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
(d) His lack of funds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the place in question #11?
2. Where do Jason's brothers live?
3. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
4. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
5. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)