|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason say about his parents?
(a) They live in Europe.
(b) They are not living together.
(c) His father is depressed since his mother died.
(d) They are both dead.
2. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) A saw mill.
(b) Fishing boat.
(c) A cannery.
(d) In a shoe factory.
3. To where is Jason heading when he passes back through Skagway?
(a) Diablo Pass.
(b) Donner's Pass.
(c) White Pass.
(d) Churntop Pass.
4. Why does the scene along the trail shock Jason?
(a) The number of people.
(b) That there are families with young children.
(c) That people are fighting over position on the trail.
(d) The cruelty to the animals, especially the horses.
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
(a) They were turned away at the border.
(b) The weather is too cold.
(c) They've made a lot of money.
(d) They've given up.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
2. Where does the rail car Jason hops go?
3. Where do Jason's brothers live?
4. Who does Jason first see when he wakes after being sick?
5. By Chapter 11, how many more places does Jason have to go to meet up with his brothers?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)