|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Republican.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Democrat.
(d) A wage slave.
2. How does Jason buy food and warming clothing?
(a) He trades his extra pair of boots.
(b) He uses the money his brothers left him.
(c) With his wages from his short time job.
(d) He works at the general store.
3. How does Jason eat as he heads towards Chilkoot?
(a) He carries his food with him.
(b) He hunts small game.
(c) He fishes.
(d) People along the trail invite him to eat.
4. Where do three sailors dump Jason?
(a) In the ocean.
(b) At the next town.
(c) On a coral reef.
(d) On a beach.
5. Where is the place in question #11?
(a) At the confluence of the Klondike and Yukon Rivers.
(b) Upstate New York.
(c) In Washington state.
(d) In British Columbia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jason first see when he wakes after being sick?
2. What is the name of the first lake Jason has to cross?
3. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
4. What does the younger man in the rail car like?
5. What is Jason's hometown?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)