|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would never return.
(b) He would not return until he is rich.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would stay away at least a year.
2. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Empire State Building.
(b) Grand Central Depot.
(c) Sears Towers.
(d) Statue of Liberty.
3. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) A cannery.
(b) A saw mill.
(c) On fishing boats.
(d) In a shoe factory.
4. In what year does this book begin?
5. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Run a store for him in Skagway.
(b) Join him in stealing from people.
(c) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
(d) Become a deputy sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
2. What does the older man tell Jason about from his past?
3. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
4. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
5. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)