|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does this book begin?
2. With whom does Jason leave the beach where he was thrown off the ship?
(a) John Christopher.
(b) Jack London.
(c) Thomas Paleton.
(d) Nathan Bidings.
3. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Empire State Building.
(b) Sears Towers.
(c) Statue of Liberty.
(d) Grand Central Depot.
4. Where does everyone say the place to be is at the beginning of the book?
(b) Dawson City.
(d) New York.
5. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) A cannery.
(b) A saw mill.
(c) In a shoe factory.
(d) Fishing boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
2. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
3. Where do Jason's brothers work?
4. Where do Jason's brothers live?
5. What does Jason's brother say will be the split if they find gold?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)