|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do three sailors dump Jason?
(a) On a beach.
(b) On a coral reef.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) At the next town.
2. What is Jason's hometown?
(a) St. Louis.
3. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Democrat.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A wage slave.
(d) A Republican.
4. What does the younger man in the rail car recite?
(a) The Pledge of Allegiance.
(b) A Purple Cow.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
5. Where did Jason work in his hometown?
(a) Fishing boat.
(b) A cannery.
(c) In a shoe factory.
(d) A saw mill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what ship does Jason stow away?
2. In what year does this book begin?
3. What does Jason say about his parents?
4. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
5. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)