|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 20-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason find at two villages and a cabin?
(a) The villages are empty and the man in the cabin is dead.
(b) There are dead in each place.
(c) They are all empty.
(d) He barters for food but they do not want anything he offers.
2. What does the younger man in the rail car recite?
(a) The Battle Hymn of the Republic.
(b) A Purple Cow.
(c) The Gettysburg Address.
(d) The Pledge of Allegiance.
3. What does Jason find out he needs to let Charlie do?
(a) Learn how to live without a foot.
(b) Leave before the weather gets really bad.
(c) Help out around the cabin.
(d) Talk to Jason more.
4. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Black Crow switchback.
(b) The Golden Stairs.
(c) The Stony Steps.
(d) Pike's Peak.
5. What does Jason wonder when he arrives at Lake Bennett?
(a) If he should go home.
(b) If he should travel with someone.
(c) Where Jack is going.
(d) If his brothers will wait for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the people that Jack meets along the way want to know?
2. Why is Jason unable to find a boat to take him down the river?
3. Where do Jason and the old man part ways?
4. Who does Jason first see when he wakes after being sick?
5. Why are many of the people Jason meets heading back to Skagway going there?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)