|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jason think is a daunting sight when Jason first sees them?
(a) The Golden Stairs.
(b) The Stony Steps.
(c) The Black Crow switchback.
(d) Pike's Peak.
2. For what does the older man say he would give up everything?
(a) To see the elephant.
(b) To live in a warm climate.
(c) To see his oldest son.
(d) To have his wife alive.
3. How much does Jason decide to borrow from his brothers?
4. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
(a) His stock shares.
(b) His family farm.
(c) His summer crop.
(d) Two horses and a carriage.
5. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Run a store for him in Skagway.
(b) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
(c) Become a deputy sheriff.
(d) Join him in stealing from people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is waiting for Jason at his brothers' home?
2. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
3. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
4. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
5. Why does Jason become sick on the trail?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)