|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 8-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank Barker want Jason to do?
(a) Go even on supplies for gold mining.
(b) Join him in stealing from people.
(c) Become a deputy sheriff.
(d) Run a store for him in Skagway.
2. Upon what ship does Jason stow away?
(b) The Belle of the Sea.
(c) The Seagull.
(d) The Yakima.
3. What concerns Jason besides the upcoming bad weather?
(a) His lack of funds.
(b) Not knowing how to pan for gold.
(c) Jason thinks he is too young.
(d) Not having a good map.
4. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
5. What kind of a job does Jason get?
(b) Wagon driver.
(c) Horse handler.
(d) Trail guide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jason see in the river after he parts ways with his employers?
2. What becomes the topic of conversation across the country?
3. What did Homer sell to come to the gold fields?
4. What does Jason learn from some horse packers about his brothers?
5. What did a man receive that was fake that Jason notices?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)