Part 1, Chapters 1-7
1. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Statue of Liberty.
(b) Grand Central Depot.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Sears Towers.
2. In what year does this book begin?
3. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Five days.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six months.
4. What is Jason's hometown?
(b) St. Louis.
5. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
(a) Stephen and Abraham.
(b) William and Stephen.
(c) Abraham and Ethan.
(d) David and Ethan.
6. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) In a shoe factory.
(b) On fishing boats.
(c) A cannery.
(d) A saw mill.
7. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Democrat.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A wage slave.
(d) A Republican.
8. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He would stay away at least a year.
(b) He would never return.
(c) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(d) He would not return until he is rich.
This section contains 4,536 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)