Part 1, Chapters 1-7
1. What is Jason Hawthorn standing in front of with his newspapers?
(a) Grand Central Depot.
(b) Statue of Liberty.
(c) Empire State Building.
(d) Sears Towers.
2. In what year does this book begin?
3. How long has Jason been in New York at the beginning of the book?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five days.
4. What is Jason's hometown?
(d) St. Louis.
5. What are the names of Jason's brothers?
(a) David and Ethan.
(b) Stephen and Abraham.
(c) Abraham and Ethan.
(d) William and Stephen.
6. Where do Jason's brothers work?
(a) In a shoe factory.
(b) A saw mill.
(c) On fishing boats.
(d) A cannery.
7. What did Jason's father say he would never be?
(a) A Republican.
(b) A Democrat.
(c) A wage slave.
(d) A farmer.
8. What did Jason promise when he left his hometown?
(a) He will be bringing a wife when he returns.
(b) He would not return until he is rich.
(c) He would stay away at least a year.
(d) He would never return.
This section contains 4,536 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)