Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
3. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
Discuss the conflict in "Jane Eyre."
1) What is the conflict between Jane and society?
2) What is the conflict between Jane and the other characters?
3) What is the conflict between Jane and herself?
Compare and contrast the Reed family with the Rivers family.
1) Which family most embodies the notion of family and why?
2) How do members within the family treat those outside of their group?
Discuss reader reception at the time of publication. How was "Jane Eyre" received by critics and the general public?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)