|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
3. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the autobiographical elements in "Jane Eyre."
1) Compare Jane Eyre with Charlotte Bronte.
2) What fictional events are modeled after real-life incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Point of View in the novel.
1) What is the POV?
2) How does the POV influence reader reception?
3) What is the connection between the POV and pacing in "Jane Eyre?"
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Jane as the heroine in the novel.
1) What qualities does Jane possess that make her a heroic figure?
2) How are Jane's actions heroic?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)