|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
2. St. John wants Jane to be the mistress of what kind of school?
3. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
4. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
5. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the autobiographical elements in "Jane Eyre."
1) Compare Jane Eyre with Charlotte Bronte.
2) What fictional events are modeled after real-life incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of imagination in the novel. How does imagination function as both a blessing and curse for Jane?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of race in the novel? How does Bertha Mason's mixed-race heritage affect her characterization as monstrous and animalistic?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)