|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
2. How does St. John respond to Jane's letter announcing her marriage to Mr. Rochester?
3. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
4. When Jane gives St. John a tour of Moor House prior to Diana's and Mary's arrival, what does he do that displeases her?
5. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of house servants in the Victorian household.
1) What is the relationship between house servants and the proprietors?
2) What is the relationship between house servants and the dependents?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Gateshead and Thornfield.
1) What are their similarities and differences?
2) How do these estates mirror Jane's development as a character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of governesses in the novel.
1) How are governesses treated in the novel?
2) How does Jane feel about her role as a governess?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)