Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
3. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Gateshead and Thornfield.
1) What are their similarities and differences?
2) How do these estates mirror Jane's development as a character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Jane as the heroine in the novel.
1) What qualities does Jane possess that make her a heroic figure?
2) How are Jane's actions heroic?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Jane Eyre" as a Gothic novel.
1) What role does the supernatural play in the novel?
2) How does psychological terror drive the plot?
3) How does mistaken identity function?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)