Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
2. Once Jane is well enough and dresses, what does Hannah ask her about which she is at first indignant?
3. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
4. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
5. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
Discuss reader reception at the time of publication. How was "Jane Eyre" received by critics and the general public?
What is the role of race in the novel? How does Bertha Mason's mixed-race heritage affect her characterization as monstrous and animalistic?
Discuss passion as a major theme in the novel.
1) Identify how the various types of passion (i.e., sexual, spiritual, and emotional,) work in the novel.
2) What kind of passion is privileged by Jane? Mr. Rochester? St. John? Why?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)