|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Oliver invite her to spend the evening at Vale Hall?
2. What is St. John's occupation?
3. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
4. As the sisters discuss St. John's leaving England the following year, how does St. John respond to Mary's question about Rosamond Oliver?
5. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the autobiographical elements in "Jane Eyre."
1) Compare Jane Eyre with Charlotte Bronte.
2) What fictional events are modeled after real-life incidents?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Point of View in the novel.
1) What is the POV?
2) How does the POV influence reader reception?
3) What is the connection between the POV and pacing in "Jane Eyre?"
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Gateshead and Thornfield.
1) What are their similarities and differences?
2) How do these estates mirror Jane's development as a character?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)