Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
3. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Reed family with the Rivers family.
1) Which family most embodies the notion of family and why?
2) How do members within the family treat those outside of their group?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the autobiographical elements in "Jane Eyre."
1) Compare Jane Eyre with Charlotte Bronte.
2) What fictional events are modeled after real-life incidents?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss "Jane Eyre" as a Gothic novel.
1) What role does the supernatural play in the novel?
2) How does psychological terror drive the plot?
3) How does mistaken identity function?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)