Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
3. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
Discuss Jane as the heroine in the novel.
1) What qualities does Jane possess that make her a heroic figure?
2) How are Jane's actions heroic?
Discuss the importance of friendship in "Jane Eyre."
1) Compare and contrast Helen Burns with Mary and Diane Rivers as Jane's confidants.
2) What qualities does Jane seek in her friendships with women?
3) What qualities does Jane seek in her friendships with men?
Discuss the conflict in "Jane Eyre."
1) What is the conflict between Jane and society?
2) What is the conflict between Jane and the other characters?
3) What is the conflict between Jane and herself?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)