|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When St. John asks Jane to accompany him to India, to what condition she does not want to agree?
(a) To be his wife.
(b) To be his teacher.
(c) To be his mistress.
(d) To be his pupil.
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about having asked God if he would find bliss and peace once more?
(a) That he called out her name.
(b) That he heard God's voice.
(c) That he heard her call his name.
(d) That he heard Jane's voice.
3. How is St. John related to Jane?
(a) His father is her father's brother.
(b) His father is her mother's brother.
(c) His mother is her mother's sister.
(d) His mother is her father's sister.
4. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
5. After hearing the voice and breaking away from St. John, Jane states that it was "_____time to assume ascendency."
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. Jane discovers what about her pupils that makes her realize she was initially mistaken?
4. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
5. As Jane recovers at Moor House and the servant Hannah takes care of her, why does Hannah disturb Jane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does St. John propose to Jane, and how does she respond?
2. What are St. John's feelings for Rosamond Oliver, and how is it significant?
3. Why is Rochester's and Jane's marriage stopped, and what does it mean?
4. How does Mr. Rochester respond to Jane's inquiry about Blanche's feelings regarding their upcoming marriage?
5. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about having seen the hand of God for the first time?
6. What message does St. John leave for Jane before he departs as a missionary?
7. The day before the wedding, Jane dreams about what that is significant?
8. What is Jane's married life like, and why is it significant?
9. Why does St. John treat Jane with icy reserve, and what does it reveal about his character?
10. How does Jane feel about her new teaching job, and why is it significant?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)