|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
(a) A beggar woman and child.
(b) A priest.
(c) An old man.
(d) Two school girls.
2. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
(a) A Werewolf.
(b) A Vampire.
(c) A Ghost.
(d) A Siren.
3. Upon reaching Thornfield, Jane states that "I looked with timorous joy towards a stately house: I saw a ________ _______."
(a) Unfamiliar mansion.
(b) Humble replacement.
(c) Tattered wreck.
(d) Blackened ruin.
4. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Helen Burns.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(c) Mr. St. John.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
5. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
2. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
3. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
4. How is St. John related to Jane?
5. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are St. John's feelings for Rosamond Oliver, and how is it significant?
2. How does Mr. Rochester respond to Jane's inquiry about Blanche's feelings regarding their upcoming marriage?
3. The day before the wedding, Jane dreams about what that is significant?
4. Whom does Jane find in the room following her nightmare the day before the wedding, and what does it foreshadow?
5. Why does St. John propose to Jane, and how does she respond?
6. Why is Rochester's and Jane's marriage stopped, and what does it mean?
7. Why had Mr. Rochester married Bertha Mason, and how is this significant?
8. Why does Jane run outside after St. John reads from the book of Revelations, and why is it significant?
9. How does the Rivers family treat Jane, and why is it significant?
10. How does Jane feel about the Rivers family, and what does it signify?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)