|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mr. Rochester discovers the truth about Bertha's insanity in the West Indies, what does he tell Jane he momentarily thought he should do?
(a) Kill his father.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Kill her and himself.
(d) Kill himself.
2. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(b) Lack of.
3. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
(a) Understands them.
(b) Dislikes them.
(c) Likes them.
(d) Misunderstands them.
4. As Jane recovers at Moor House and the servant Hannah takes care of her, why does Hannah disturb Jane?
(a) Because Jane has the feeling Hannah is prejudiced against her.
(b) Because Hannah does not take good care of her.
(c) Because Jane has the feeling Hannah wants to steal from her.
(d) Because Hannah tells her that she should leave immediately.
5. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
2. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
3. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
4. What is the first sentence of the final chapter of "Jane Eyre?"
5. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)