Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(b) Adhere to principle.
(d) Surrender to passion.
2. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
3. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
(a) That it is too strict.
(b) That it is too small.
(c) That it is too lenient.
(d) That it is too large.
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A smooth and pleasing face.
(b) A tan and haughty face.
(c) A pale and old face.
(d) A discoloured and savage face.
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
(a) That she is French.
(b) That she is illiterate.
(c) That she is not uneducated.
(d) That she is foreign.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the sisters discuss St. John's leaving England the following year, how does St. John respond to Mary's question about Rosamond Oliver?
2. How is St. John related to Jane?
3. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
5. Why is St. John called away the night of Diana's and Mary's return to Moor House?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)