|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane discovers what about her pupils that makes her realize she was initially mistaken?
(a) They are all dull.
(b) They are not all dull.
(c) They are not all rich.
(d) They are all rich.
2. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
(a) Mr. Green.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Bertha Mason.
3. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Mrs. Reed.
(b) Mr. St. John.
(c) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Helen Burns.
4. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
5. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Rosamond Oliver.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) St. John.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
2. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
3. When St. John asks Jane to accompany him to India, to what condition she does not want to agree?
4. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
5. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)