|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Rochester peppers Jane with questions about whom once she returns to him from Moor House?
(a) Rosemond Oliver.
(b) Diana Rivers.
(c) Mr. Oliver.
(d) St. John.
2. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(b) Adhere to principle.
(d) Surrender to passion.
3. After hearing the voice and breaking away from St. John, Jane states that it was "_____time to assume ascendency."
4. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
5. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A discoloured and savage face.
(b) A tan and haughty face.
(c) A pale and old face.
(d) A smooth and pleasing face.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
2. What does Jane buy for Moor House to prepare for Diana and Mary's arrival?
3. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
4. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
5. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)