|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
2. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
3. As the sisters discuss St. John's leaving England the following year, how does St. John respond to Mary's question about Rosamond Oliver?
(a) He tells them she is also leaving the country.
(b) He tells them she is to be married to Mr. Rochester.
(c) He tells them he is about to propose to her.
(d) He tells them she is to be married to Mr. Granby.
4. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
(a) Marry Mr. Rochester.
(b) Become a mistress.
(c) Leave Thornfield.
(d) Enter a nunnery.
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) Grace Poole.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Eliza Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
2. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
3. Once Jane is well enough and dresses, what does Hannah ask her about which she is at first indignant?
4. Mr. Rochester's former butler tells Jane that Grace Poole possessed what fault?
5. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)