|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
(a) Embraces her brother.
(b) Kisses Jane.
(c) Attacks him.
(d) Stabs Grace Poole.
2. Jane comes across a little girl and asks her for what item that she is about to throw to the pigs?
3. During what month does Jane depart from Moor House to return to Thornfield?
4. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
(a) All of his property.
(b) A small portion of his property.
(c) Some of his property.
(d) None of his property.
5. What does Mr. Rochester's former butler tell Jane happened to Bertha Mason during the fire?
(a) She jumped to her death.
(b) She poisoned herself.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She shot herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
2. As the sisters discuss St. John's leaving England the following year, how does St. John respond to Mary's question about Rosamond Oliver?
3. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
4. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
5. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)