|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To marriage.
(b) To Mr. Rochester.
(c) To Gateshead.
(d) To her family.
3. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That he has left her for another woman.
(b) That she has married someone else.
(c) That she jas married him.
(d) That she has betrayed him.
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(b) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(d) John and Miss Abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
2. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
5. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester demand of Jane and Mr. Mason when they are left alone together, and what does it signify?
2. What does the gypsy ask Jane, and why is this significant?
3. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester, and why is this significant?
4. Why does Jane stay at Gateshead after Mrs. Reed passes, and why is this significant?
5. What are the girls fed when Jane first arrives at Lowood that no one can eat, and why is this significant?
6. What does Jane tell the gypsy about her art, and why is this significant?
7. Who arrives to tell the guests' fortunes? How does Blanche respond to her fortune's being told?
8. What is the aftermath of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation regarding Jane?
9. What happens to Helen Burns, and why is this significant?
10. How does Jane respond to Mr. Rochester's inquiry about whether she finds him attractive, and why is this significant?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)