|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
(a) One-thousand pounds.
(b) Five-thousand pounds.
(c) Twenty-thousand pounds.
(d) Ten-thousand pounds.
2. When St. John asks Jane to accompany him to India, to what condition she does not want to agree?
(a) To be his wife.
(b) To be his teacher.
(c) To be his mistress.
(d) To be his pupil.
3. St. John wants Jane to be the mistress of what kind of school?
(a) A school for poor girls.
(b) A school for wealthy girls and boys.
(c) A school for wealthy girls.
(d) A school for poor girls and boys.
4. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(c) Lack of.
5. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
6. What does Mr. Rochester's former butler tell Jane happened to Bertha Mason during the fire?
(a) She poisoned herself.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She jumped to her death.
(d) She hung herself.
7. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
8. Why is St. John called away the night of Diana's and Mary's return to Moor House?
(a) To see after an ill father.
(b) To see after a dying child.
(c) To see after a widow.
(d) To see after a dying mother.
9. How long has Jane been married to Mr. Rochester at the end of the novel?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
10. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
11. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
12. When Jane first lays her eyes on the injured Mr. Rochester, she compares him to what kind of animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A snake.
(d) A horse.
13. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
(a) Misunderstands them.
(b) Likes them.
(c) Understands them.
(d) Dislikes them.
14. What is the first sentence of the final chapter of "Jane Eyre?"
(a) Reader, I eloped with him.
(b) Reader, we eloped.
(c) Reader, we married.
(d) Reader, I married him.
15. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Rochester's former butler tells Jane that Grace Poole possessed what fault?
2. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
3. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
4. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
5. What feeling comes over Jane when St. John rests his hand on her head one last time so that she is tempted to give in to his proposal?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)