|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Miss Eyre - London.
(b) Mr. Rochester - London.
(c) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
(d) Mrs. Rochester - London.
2. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
(a) Dislikes them.
(b) Understands them.
(c) Likes them.
(d) Misunderstands them.
3. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
(a) A Ghost.
(b) A Werewolf.
(c) A Vampire.
(d) A Siren.
4. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
5. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
(a) Because his brother is buried there.
(b) Because his father has business there.
(c) Because he has arranged to be married.
(d) Because he is in trouble with the law.
6. Mr. Rochester's former butler tells Jane that Grace Poole possessed what fault?
(a) She stole.
(b) She drank.
(c) She smoked.
(d) She lied.
7. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
8. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
(a) That she will soon forgive him.
(b) That she would never forgive him.
(c) That she forgave him on the spot.
(d) That she must pray for forgiveness.
9. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester after the fire?
(a) She leaves her notecard for him.
(b) She meets him in the orchard.
(c) She rides beside him.
(d) She brings a tray in for him.
10. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
(a) That she is not uneducated.
(b) That she is French.
(c) That she is illiterate.
(d) That she is foreign.
11. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(b) Lack of.
12. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
13. What does Jane buy for Moor House to prepare for Diana and Mary's arrival?
(a) Clothing, furniture, drapes.
(b) Plants, clothing, furniture.
(c) Carpets, plants, drapes.
(d) Furniture, carpets, drapes.
14. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Thirteen and three.
(b) Three and three.
(c) Three and none.
(d) Three and five.
15. How does Jane respond to St. John's inquiry the night before he is to go to India about why she refuses to marry him?
(a) That he would leave her if she were to marry him.
(b) That he would mourn her if she were to marry him.
(c) That he would love her if she were to marry him.
(d) That he would kill her if she were to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
2. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
3. At the beginning of the marriage ceremony, what impediment does the stranger give to stop Jane's and Mr. Rochester's wedding?
4. When Jane speaks to Mr. Rochester's former butler at the inn, what does he tell her about who started the fire?
5. Mr. Rochester peppers Jane with questions about whom once she returns to him from Moor House?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)