|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
2. Where is Mr. Rochester living following the fire at Thornfield?
3. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
(a) Misunderstands them.
(b) Likes them.
(c) Dislikes them.
(d) Understands them.
4. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
5. What does Jane buy for Moor House to prepare for Diana and Mary's arrival?
(a) Plants, clothing, furniture.
(b) Furniture, carpets, drapes.
(c) Clothing, furniture, drapes.
(d) Carpets, plants, drapes.
6. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
(a) That she is from Gateshead.
(b) That she had resided with Mr. Rochester.
(c) That it is her secret.
(d) That it is not relevant.
7. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(a) Adhere to principle.
(d) Surrender to passion.
8. How long has Jane been married to Mr. Rochester at the end of the novel?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Twenty years.
9. During what month does Jane depart from Moor House to return to Thornfield?
10. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
(a) Two school girls.
(b) A priest.
(c) A beggar woman and child.
(d) An old man.
11. What does Mr. Rochester's former butler tell Jane happened to Bertha Mason during the fire?
(a) She poisoned herself.
(b) She shot herself.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She jumped to her death.
12. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
13. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Mrs. Reed.
(b) Mr. St. John.
(c) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Helen Burns.
14. What is St. John's occupation?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a cobbler.
(c) He is a parson.
(d) He is a teacher.
15. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
(a) That it is too lenient.
(b) That it is too large.
(c) That it is too small.
(d) That it is too strict.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
2. What is the first sentence of the final chapter of "Jane Eyre?"
3. After revealing her identity to Mr. Rochester, what does she tell him about her circumstances since leaving Thornfield?
4. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
5. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)