|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Mr. St. John.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
(d) Helen Burns.
2. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
(a) She is the mistress of his father.
(b) She is a runaway from another island.
(c) She is ill with thyphus.
(d) She is shut up in a lunatic asylum.
3. Jane discovers what about her pupils that makes her realize she was initially mistaken?
(a) They are all dull.
(b) They are not all dull.
(c) They are all rich.
(d) They are not all rich.
4. What does Mr. Rochester's former butler tell Jane happened to Bertha Mason during the fire?
(a) She shot herself.
(b) She poisoned herself.
(c) She hung herself.
(d) She jumped to her death.
5. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
(a) Some of his property.
(b) None of his property.
(c) A small portion of his property.
(d) All of his property.
6. During what month does Jane depart from Moor House to return to Thornfield?
7. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
8. When Jane gives birth to a son, what does Mr. Rochester distinguish about him?
(a) That he has inherited Jane's size.
(b) That he has inherited his own eyes.
(c) That he has inherited Jane's smile.
(d) That he has inherited his size.
9. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester after the fire?
(a) She brings a tray in for him.
(b) She leaves her notecard for him.
(c) She meets him in the orchard.
(d) She rides beside him.
10. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Mr. Rochester - London.
(b) Miss Eyre - London.
(c) Mrs. Rochester - London.
(d) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
11. According to Jane, what words go side-by-side with "Legacy" and "Bequest?"
(a) "Death" and "Funeral."
(b) "Fortune" and "Fame."
(c) "Faith" and "Rejoice."
(d) "Theft" and "Ill-repute."
12. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
(c) Mr. Rochester.
13. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
14. How does Jane respond to St. John's inquiry the night before he is to go to India about why she refuses to marry him?
(a) That he would mourn her if she were to marry him.
(b) That he would love her if she were to marry him.
(c) That he would leave her if she were to marry him.
(d) That he would kill her if she were to marry him.
15. How long has Jane been married to Mr. Rochester at the end of the novel?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
2. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
3. After hearing the voice and breaking away from St. John, Jane states that it was "_____time to assume ascendency."
4. How does St. John respond to Jane's letter announcing her marriage to Mr. Rochester?
5. According to Jane, how does Rosamond Oliver feel about St. John?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)