|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
(a) Understands them.
(b) Dislikes them.
(c) Misunderstands them.
(d) Likes them.
2. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
(a) Bertha Mason.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Green.
3. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
4. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
5. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
(a) That she is illiterate.
(b) That she is foreign.
(c) That she is French.
(d) That she is not uneducated.
6. When Jane visits Adele at school, what is her assessment of the place?
(a) That it is too strict.
(b) That it is too large.
(c) That it is too lenient.
(d) That it is too small.
7. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
(a) That she forgave him on the spot.
(b) That she would never forgive him.
(c) That she must pray for forgiveness.
(d) That she will soon forgive him.
8. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
(a) Twenty-thousand pounds.
(b) One-thousand pounds.
(c) Ten-thousand pounds.
(d) Five-thousand pounds.
9. Where is Mr. Rochester living following the fire at Thornfield?
10. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
11. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) A strange woman.
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) Eliza Reed.
(d) Mrs. Fairfax.
12. Jane comes across a little girl and asks her for what item that she is about to throw to the pigs?
13. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester after the fire?
(a) She leaves her notecard for him.
(b) She meets him in the orchard.
(c) She rides beside him.
(d) She brings a tray in for him.
14. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Helen Burns.
(c) Mr. St. John.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
15. How does Jane feel about married life?
(a) She is unhappy.
(b) She is regretful.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is wistful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the book Jane reads that begins, "Day set on Norham's castled steep, And Tweed's fair river broad and deep"?
2. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
3. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
4. How does Jane respond to St. John's inquiry the night before he is to go to India about why she refuses to marry him?
5. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)