|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(c) Mr. St. John.
(d) Helen Burns.
2. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
3. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
4. According to Jane, what words go side-by-side with "Legacy" and "Bequest?"
(a) "Death" and "Funeral."
(b) "Fortune" and "Fame."
(c) "Faith" and "Rejoice."
(d) "Theft" and "Ill-repute."
5. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
(a) A thief.
(b) A bigamist.
(c) A father.
(d) A husband.
6. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
7. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
8. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
(a) Embraces her brother.
(b) Kisses Jane.
(c) Attacks him.
(d) Stabs Grace Poole.
9. Where is Mr. Rochester living following the fire at Thornfield?
10. During what month does Jane depart from Moor House to return to Thornfield?
11. Jane comes across a little girl and asks her for what item that she is about to throw to the pigs?
12. When Jane gives St. John a tour of Moor House prior to Diana's and Mary's arrival, what does he do that displeases her?
(a) Cleans the kitchen.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Irons the shirts.
(d) Reads a book.
13. Mr. Rochester's former butler tells Jane that Grace Poole possessed what fault?
(a) She stole.
(b) She lied.
(c) She drank.
(d) She smoked.
14. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like a little boy.
(b) Like a friend.
(c) Like a passionate lover.
(d) Like an automaton.
15. How is St. John related to Jane?
(a) His father is her mother's brother.
(b) His mother is her father's sister.
(c) His mother is her mother's sister.
(d) His father is her father's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester after the fire?
2. What does Jane buy for Moor House to prepare for Diana and Mary's arrival?
3. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
4. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
5. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)