|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
2. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(a) Mrs. Eshton.
(b) Mr. Rochester.
3. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
4. Why is St. John called away the night of Diana's and Mary's return to Moor House?
(a) To see after an ill father.
(b) To see after a widow.
(c) To see after a dying mother.
(d) To see after a dying child.
5. Once Jane is well enough and dresses, what does Hannah ask her about which she is at first indignant?
(a) If Jane would clean the house.
(b) If Jane has gone begging before.
(c) If Jane has been in prison.
(d) If Jane would help with the cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
2. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
3. How does Jane respond to St. John's inquiry the night before he is to go to India about why she refuses to marry him?
4. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
5. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)