|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane first lays her eyes on the injured Mr. Rochester, she compares him to what kind of animal?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is too curly.
3. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
4. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
(a) Bertha Mason.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Mr. Green.
5. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
(a) A pamphlet from Jane's cousin, Eliza Reed.
(b) A will from Mrs. Reed's husband, John Reed.
(c) A letter from Jane's uncle, John Eyre.
(d) A package from Jane's mother, Jane Eyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
2. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
3. After revealing her identity to Mr. Rochester, what does she tell him about her circumstances since leaving Thornfield?
4. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
5. What does Jane buy for Moor House to prepare for Diana and Mary's arrival?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)