|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
(a) Bertha Mason.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Mr. Green.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
2. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
3. When Jane first lays her eyes on the injured Mr. Rochester, she compares him to what kind of animal?
(a) A snake.
(b) A horse.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A dog.
4. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) A French opera dancer.
(b) An Italian actress.
(c) A Greek dress maker.
(d) A German singer.
5. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
(a) Some of his property.
(b) None of his property.
(c) A small portion of his property.
(d) All of his property.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Mr. Rochester living following the fire at Thornfield?
2. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
4. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
5. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)