|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That lightning has split it in two.
(b) That someone has cut it down.
(c) That someone has carved its trunk.
(d) That a fire has burned it down.
2. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Helen Burns.
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Mr. St. John.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
3. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
4. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of poverty and frugality.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
3. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
4. Why does St. John want Jane to accompany him to India as his wife?
5. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)