|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Rancid meat.
(b) Burned porridge.
(c) Grainy soup.
(d) Cold gruel.
2. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
(a) St. John.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Rosamond Oliver.
(d) Mr. Reed.
3. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about having asked God if he would find bliss and peace once more?
(a) That he heard Jane's voice.
(b) That he heard her call his name.
(c) That he heard God's voice.
(d) That he called out her name.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A pillow and blanket.
(b) A pipe and matches.
(c) A knife and towel.
(d) A phial and glass.
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
2. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
3. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
4. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
5. According to Jane, what words go side-by-side with "Legacy" and "Bequest?"
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)