|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Three and five.
(b) Three and three.
(c) Thirteen and three.
(d) Three and none.
2. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
(a) That someone has shot him.
(b) That someone has stabbed him.
(c) That someone hafs pushed him.
(d) That someone has bit him.
3. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(b) Envied; approved; enemies.
(c) Hated; approved; friends.
(d) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
4. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. But happy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, yes. And happy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
5. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A bible.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A rose.
(d) A child.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane greets Mr. Rochester the morning after his proposal, he calls her a pale, little what?
2. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
3. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
4. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)