|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She kisses her.
(d) She scolds her.
2. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
3. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
(a) Leave Thornfield.
(b) Enter a nunnery.
(c) Marry Mr. Rochester.
(d) Become a mistress.
4. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
(a) She has no food.
(b) She has no faith.
(c) She has no money.
(d) She has no memory.
5. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
(b) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(c) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
(d) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
2. According to Jane, how does Rosamond Oliver feel about St. John?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
5. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)