|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
(a) Rank; wealth.
(b) Feeling; wealth.
(c) Rank; taste.
(d) Taste; feeling.
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Grace Poole.
3. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(a) Surrender to passion.
(d) Adhere to principle.
4. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Bed him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Forgive him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
2. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
3. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
4. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
5. How does Jane respond to St. John's inquiry the night before he is to go to India about why she refuses to marry him?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)