|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When St. John asks Jane to accompany him to India, to what condition she does not want to agree?
(a) To be his wife.
(b) To be his pupil.
(c) To be his teacher.
(d) To be his mistress.
2. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester after the fire?
(a) She meets him in the orchard.
(b) She leaves her notecard for him.
(c) She brings a tray in for him.
(d) She rides beside him.
3. Jane discovers the gypsy to be whom?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Eshton.
4. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A mouse.
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
2. When Jane gives St. John a tour of Moor House prior to Diana's and Mary's arrival, what does he do that displeases her?
3. Mr. Rochester peppers Jane with questions about whom once she returns to him from Moor House?
4. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
5. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)