|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
(a) That she would never forgive him.
(b) That she will soon forgive him.
(c) That she must pray for forgiveness.
(d) That she forgave him on the spot.
2. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Quaint; cheerful.
(c) Worldly; grave.
(d) Quaint; grave.
3. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
4. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
(a) All of his property.
(b) Some of his property.
(c) A small portion of his property.
(d) None of his property.
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(b) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(c) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(d) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
3. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
4. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
5. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)