|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
2. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
(a) That she is from Gateshead.
(b) That it is not relevant.
(c) That it is her secret.
(d) That she had resided with Mr. Rochester.
3. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Marrying a rich beau.
(b) Exploring the world.
(c) Attending school.
(d) Moving to America.
4. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Grace Poole.
5. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester's former butler, what are Mr. Rochester's injuries?
2. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
3. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
4. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
5. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)