|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
(a) Attacks him.
(b) Kisses Jane.
(c) Stabs Grace Poole.
(d) Embraces her brother.
2. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
3. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
(a) Because he has thyphus.
(b) Because he is feverish.
(c) Because he has insomnia.
(d) Because he is injured.
4. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
(a) Blamed; repulsed.
(b) Scorned; helped.
(c) Forgave; repulsed.
(d) Forgave; scorned.
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because it is on fire.
(b) Because Adele is ill.
(c) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(d) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
2. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
3. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
5. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about having asked God if he would find bliss and peace once more?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)