|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. According to Jane, what words go side-by-side with "Legacy" and "Bequest?"
(a) "Theft" and "Ill-repute."
(b) "Death" and "Funeral."
(c) "Fortune" and "Fame."
(d) "Faith" and "Rejoice."
3. When Jane speaks to Mr. Rochester's former butler at the inn, what does he tell her about who started the fire?
(a) That Adele Varens caused it.
(b) That Bertha Mason caused it.
(c) That Mr. Rochester caused it.
(d) That Grace Poole caused it.
4. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Reading and drinking.
(b) Eating and muttering.
(c) Drinking and rocking.
(d) Reading and muttering.
5. How does Jane first meet Mr. Rochester after the fire?
(a) She meets him in the orchard.
(b) She rides beside him.
(c) She leaves her notecard for him.
(d) She brings a tray in for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the missing girl in the advertisements about which St. John informs Jane?
2. What feeling comes over Jane when St. John rests his hand on her head one last time so that she is tempted to give in to his proposal?
3. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
5. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)