|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
(a) Because John is taunting her in the room.
(b) Because she thinks there is a ghost in the room.
(c) Because she is cold and wants to light the fire.
(d) Because Bessie has threatened to strike her with a whip.
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(b) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(c) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(d) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
4. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Grace Poole.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her portfolio.
(d) Her sculpture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
2. When Jane gives St. John a tour of Moor House prior to Diana's and Mary's arrival, what does he do that displeases her?
3. In responding to Jane's refusal to marry him, he tells her that her words are violent, _______, and untrue.
4. What language does Adele speak fluently?
5. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)