|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
(a) She is the mistress of his father.
(b) She is ill with thyphus.
(c) She is shut up in a lunatic asylum.
(d) She is a runaway from another island.
2. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
3. After Mr. Rochester discovers the truth about Bertha's insanity in the West Indies, what does he tell Jane he momentarily thought he should do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Kill his father.
(c) Kill her and himself.
(d) Kill her.
4. After revealing her identity to Mr. Rochester, what does she tell him about her circumstances since leaving Thornfield?
(a) That she is an independent woman.
(b) That she is a dependent woman.
(c) That she is a suffering woman.
(d) That she is a healthy woman.
5. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
2. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
3. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
5. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)