|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon reaching Thornfield, Jane states that "I looked with timorous joy towards a stately house: I saw a ________ _______."
(a) Humble replacement.
(b) Blackened ruin.
(c) Unfamiliar mansion.
(d) Tattered wreck.
2. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
3. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
4. As Jane recovers at Moor House and the servant Hannah takes care of her, why does Hannah disturb Jane?
(a) Because Hannah tells her that she should leave immediately.
(b) Because Jane has the feeling Hannah is prejudiced against her.
(c) Because Hannah does not take good care of her.
(d) Because Jane has the feeling Hannah wants to steal from her.
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling comes over Jane when St. John rests his hand on her head one last time so that she is tempted to give in to his proposal?
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about having asked God if he would find bliss and peace once more?
3. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
4. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
5. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)