|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A pale and old face.
(b) A smooth and pleasing face.
(c) A discoloured and savage face.
(d) A tan and haughty face.
3. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
4. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
5. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A silver bracelet.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A diamond watch.
(d) A pearl brooch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane buy for Moor House to prepare for Diana and Mary's arrival?
2. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
3. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
4. When Jane asks why Mr. Rochester had wanted Jane to believe that he was going to marry Blanche Ingram, what does he say?
5. Mr. Rochester's former butler tells Jane that Grace Poole possessed what fault?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)