|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is St. John called away the night of Diana's and Mary's return to Moor House?
(a) To see after a widow.
(b) To see after a dying child.
(c) To see after a dying mother.
(d) To see after an ill father.
2. Jane comes across a little girl and asks her for what item that she is about to throw to the pigs?
3. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is too curly.
(d) It is too long.
4. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(b) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of poverty and frugality.
5. St. John wants Jane to be the mistress of what kind of school?
(a) A school for poor girls and boys.
(b) A school for wealthy girls and boys.
(c) A school for poor girls.
(d) A school for wealthy girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester's former butler, what are Mr. Rochester's injuries?
2. Who is Adele's mother?
3. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
4. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
5. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)