|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the marriage ceremony, what impediment does the stranger give to stop Jane's and Mr. Rochester's wedding?
(a) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now living.
(b) That Jane has a husband now living.
(c) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now dead.
(d) That Jane has a husband now dead.
2. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; grave.
(b) Quaint; cheerful.
(c) Worldly; cheerful.
(d) Worldly; grave.
3. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
4. After hearing the voice and breaking away from St. John, Jane states that it was "_____time to assume ascendency."
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
(a) A ring.
(b) A wedding gown.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
2. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
3. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about having asked God if he would find bliss and peace once more?
4. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
5. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)