|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
2. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
(a) She has no food.
(b) She has no money.
(c) She has no faith.
(d) She has no memory.
3. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as men feel.
(b) Just as they are supposed to feel.
(c) Just as children feel.
(d) Just as they want to feel.
4. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
(a) Because no one loves her.
(b) Because she is cast out.
(c) Because everyone has left.
(d) Because no one checks on her.
5. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
2. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
3. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
4. What time of year is it when Jane closes Morton school?
5. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)