|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
(a) A will from Mrs. Reed's husband, John Reed.
(b) A package from Jane's mother, Jane Eyre.
(c) A pamphlet from Jane's cousin, Eliza Reed.
(d) A letter from Jane's uncle, John Eyre.
2. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A mouse.
3. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
4. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
5. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane speaks to Mr. Rochester's former butler at the inn, what does he tell her about who started the fire?
2. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
3. Upon reaching Thornfield, Jane states that "I looked with timorous joy towards a stately house: I saw a ________ _______."
4. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
5. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)