|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(b) Lack of.
2. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as they want to feel.
(b) Just as men feel.
(c) Just as children feel.
(d) Just as they are supposed to feel.
3. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Temperate and mild.
(b) Warm and sunny.
(c) Cold and rainy.
(d) Hot and muggy.
4. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
5. After hearing the voice and breaking away from St. John, Jane states that it was "_____time to assume ascendency."
Short Answer Questions
1. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
2. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
3. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
4. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
5. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)