|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Miss Eyre - London.
(b) Mrs. Rochester - London.
(c) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
(d) Mr. Rochester - London.
2. St. John wants Jane to be the mistress of what kind of school?
(a) A school for poor girls and boys.
(b) A school for wealthy girls.
(c) A school for poor girls.
(d) A school for wealthy girls and boys.
3. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
4. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
(a) Mr. Green.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Bertha Mason.
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) Eliza Reed.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Grace Poole.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
2. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
3. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
4. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
5. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)