|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. What feeling comes over Jane when St. John rests his hand on her head one last time so that she is tempted to give in to his proposal?
3. What language does Adele speak fluently?
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Moving to America.
(b) Attending school.
(c) Marrying a rich beau.
(d) Exploring the world.
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(b) Comfortably; tranquil.
(c) Uncomfortably; troubled.
(d) Comfortably; troubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
2. Upon reaching Thornfield, Jane states that "I looked with timorous joy towards a stately house: I saw a ________ _______."
3. Why does St. John want Jane to accompany him to India as his wife?
4. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)