|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bird.
2. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - the West Indies!"
(b) "Mason - go fetch him!"
(c) "Mason - in England!"
(d) "Mason - we must go!"
3. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A bible.
(b) A child.
(c) A rose.
(d) A lamb.
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That she has married someone else.
(c) That he has left her for another woman.
(d) That she jas married him.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A pipe and matches.
(b) A phial and glass.
(c) A knife and towel.
(d) A pillow and blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
2. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
3. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
4. According to Jane, how does Rosamond Oliver feel about St. John?
5. As Jane recovers at Moor House and the servant Hannah takes care of her, why does Hannah disturb Jane?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)