|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
2. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(d) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(c) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(d) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
4. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
5. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Jane is well enough and dresses, what does Hannah ask her about which she is at first indignant?
2. According to Jane, how does Rosamond Oliver feel about St. John?
3. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
5. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)