|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
(a) That someone has shot him.
(b) That someone has stabbed him.
(c) That someone has bit him.
(d) That someone hafs pushed him.
2. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(b) Grace Poole.
(d) Mrs. Fairfax.
3. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
(a) That she does not have long to live.
(b) That she is marrying him for his estate.
(c) That she wants revenge on someone else.
(d) That she is in love with him.
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Smith.
5. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
2. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
3. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
5. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)