|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(b) John Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
(d) Georgiana Reed.
2. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(b) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
(c) That her position as governess will continue.
(d) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(b) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(c) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(d) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
4. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane asks why Mr. Rochester had wanted Jane to believe that he was going to marry Blanche Ingram, what does he say?
2. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
3. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
5. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)