|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month does Jane return to see Mrs. Reed at Gateshead?
2. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Grace Poole.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
3. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a visitor.
(b) She treats her like a servant.
(c) She treats her like a pupil.
(d) She treats her like a stranger.
4. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
5. What language does Adele speak fluently?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
2. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
3. As Jane recovers at Moor House and the servant Hannah takes care of her, why does Hannah disturb Jane?
4. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
5. After Mr. Rochester discovers the truth about Bertha's insanity in the West Indies, what does he tell Jane he momentarily thought he should do?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)