|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
3. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Adele is ill.
(b) Because it is on fire.
(c) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(d) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Eshton.
(b) Mr. Mason.
(c) Mr. Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Lynn.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
3. According to Jane, what is one reason the intimacy she shares with Diana and Mary does not extend to St. John?
4. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
5. What is St. John's occupation?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)