|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
(b) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
(c) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(d) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
2. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
3. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
4. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Miller.
5. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) A German singer.
(b) A French opera dancer.
(c) An Italian actress.
(d) A Greek dress maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
2. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
3. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
4. During what month does Jane return to see Mrs. Reed at Gateshead?
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)