|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bird.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
2. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
(a) She has no food.
(b) She has no memory.
(c) She has no faith.
(d) She has no money.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A pillow and blanket.
(b) A phial and glass.
(c) A knife and towel.
(d) A pipe and matches.
4. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) A strange woman.
(d) Eliza Reed.
5. When Jane asks why Mr. Rochester had wanted Jane to believe that he was going to marry Blanche Ingram, what does he say?
(a) That he knew jealousy would be his best ally.
(b) That Blanche Ingram had tricked him into becoming engaged.
(c) That he had made a promise he did not intend to keep.
(d) That he knew she would not believe it to be true.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
2. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
3. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
5. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)