|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
(a) St. John.
(b) Rosamond Oliver.
(c) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mr. Mason.
2. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) John Reed.
(c) Georgiana Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
3. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Mr. Rochester - London.
(b) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
(c) Miss Eyre - London.
(d) Mrs. Rochester - London.
4. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
(a) Forgave; repulsed.
(b) Forgave; scorned.
(c) Blamed; repulsed.
(d) Scorned; helped.
5. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
(a) Mr. St. John.
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Helen Burns.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)