|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. According to Jane, how does Rosamond Oliver feel about St. John?
(a) She dislikes him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She envies him.
3. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
4. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That someone has cut it down.
(b) That someone has carved its trunk.
(c) That lightning has split it in two.
(d) That a fire has burned it down.
5. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
(a) That she is from Gateshead.
(b) That she had resided with Mr. Rochester.
(c) That it is not relevant.
(d) That it is her secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
5. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)