|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the marriage ceremony, what impediment does the stranger give to stop Jane's and Mr. Rochester's wedding?
(a) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now living.
(b) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now dead.
(c) That Jane has a husband now dead.
(d) That Jane has a husband now living.
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Miller.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
4. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
(a) A letter from Jane's uncle, John Eyre.
(b) A pamphlet from Jane's cousin, Eliza Reed.
(c) A package from Jane's mother, Jane Eyre.
(d) A will from Mrs. Reed's husband, John Reed.
5. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
(a) A beggar woman and child.
(b) An old man.
(c) Two school girls.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
3. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
4. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
5. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)