|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(b) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(c) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(d) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
3. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(a) Mr. Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
5. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
(a) Feeling; wealth.
(b) Rank; wealth.
(c) Taste; feeling.
(d) Rank; taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
3. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
4. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)