|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
2. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(b) Calm, no. But happy.
(c) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
(d) Calm, yes. And happy.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A knife and towel.
(b) A pillow and blanket.
(c) A pipe and matches.
(d) A phial and glass.
4. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Uncomfortably; troubled.
(b) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(c) Comfortably; tranquil.
(d) Comfortably; troubled.
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
3. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
5. When St. John asks where Jane last resided, how does Jane respond?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)