|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
2. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Miss Temple.
3. What observation does Jane overhear Mary and Diana make about her accent and dress that is true?
(a) That she is foreign.
(b) That she is French.
(c) That she is not uneducated.
(d) That she is illiterate.
4. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
5. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
(a) Because no one checks on her.
(b) Because everyone has left.
(c) Because no one loves her.
(d) Because she is cast out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
2. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
3. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
4. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
5. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)