|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(b) Hated; approved; friends.
(c) Envied; approved; enemies.
(d) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
2. Once Jane is well enough and dresses, what does Hannah ask her about which she is at first indignant?
(a) If Jane would clean the house.
(b) If Jane has gone begging before.
(c) If Jane has been in prison.
(d) If Jane would help with the cooking.
3. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Comfortably; tranquil.
(b) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(c) Uncomfortably; troubled.
(d) Comfortably; troubled.
4. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Burned porridge.
(b) Grainy soup.
(c) Rancid meat.
(d) Cold gruel.
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
2. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
3. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
4. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
5. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)