|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
(a) A husband.
(b) A thief.
(c) A bigamist.
(d) A father.
2. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
(a) A letter from Jane's uncle, John Eyre.
(b) A pamphlet from Jane's cousin, Eliza Reed.
(c) A package from Jane's mother, Jane Eyre.
(d) A will from Mrs. Reed's husband, John Reed.
3. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
4. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(b) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(c) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(d) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(b) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(c) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(d) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
2. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
3. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
4. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
5. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)