|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Jane is well enough and dresses, what does Hannah ask her about which she is at first indignant?
(a) If Jane would clean the house.
(b) If Jane would help with the cooking.
(c) If Jane has been in prison.
(d) If Jane has gone begging before.
2. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(b) The queen.
(c) A fellow creature.
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(b) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(c) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(d) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
4. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To Gateshead.
(b) To Mr. Rochester.
(c) To her family.
(d) To marriage.
5. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane asks why Mr. Rochester had wanted Jane to believe that he was going to marry Blanche Ingram, what does he say?
2. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
5. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)