|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) Miss Scatcherd.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Temple.
2. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
(a) That she is in love with him.
(b) That she does not have long to live.
(c) That she is marrying him for his estate.
(d) That she wants revenge on someone else.
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The moodiness of children.
(c) The absence of adults.
(d) The prattle of children.
4. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Grace Poole.
5. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Reading and muttering.
(b) Drinking and rocking.
(c) Eating and muttering.
(d) Reading and drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
3. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
4. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
5. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)