|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In talking about Jane's features, St. John remarks that "ill or well, she would always be _________."
2. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
(a) She is shut up in a lunatic asylum.
(b) She is ill with thyphus.
(c) She is a runaway from another island.
(d) She is the mistress of his father.
3. At the beginning of the marriage ceremony, what impediment does the stranger give to stop Jane's and Mr. Rochester's wedding?
(a) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now dead.
(b) That Jane has a husband now living.
(c) That Jane has a husband now dead.
(d) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now living.
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Helen Burns.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Mrs. Lloyd.
5. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
2. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)