|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
2. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Three and five.
(b) Thirteen and three.
(c) Three and three.
(d) Three and none.
3. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Burned porridge.
(b) Rancid meat.
(c) Cold gruel.
(d) Grainy soup.
4. When Jane asks why Mr. Rochester had wanted Jane to believe that he was going to marry Blanche Ingram, what does he say?
(a) That he knew she would not believe it to be true.
(b) That Blanche Ingram had tricked him into becoming engaged.
(c) That he had made a promise he did not intend to keep.
(d) That he knew jealousy would be his best ally.
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(b) Comfortably; troubled.
(c) Comfortably; tranquil.
(d) Uncomfortably; troubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
2. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
3. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
4. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
5. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)