|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(b) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(c) That her position as governess will continue.
(d) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(b) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the smallest girls need the food.
5. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
(a) Because he is feverish.
(b) Because he has thyphus.
(c) Because he has insomnia.
(d) Because he is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
3. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
5. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)