|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
2. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(b) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(c) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(d) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
4. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
5. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
(a) A beggar woman and child.
(b) Two school girls.
(c) An old man.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
2. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
3. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
5. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)