|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her portfolio.
(c) Her sculpture.
(d) Her jewelry.
2. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
(a) Blamed; repulsed.
(b) Forgave; scorned.
(c) Forgave; repulsed.
(d) Scorned; helped.
3. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
4. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) A Greek dress maker.
(b) A French opera dancer.
(c) A German singer.
(d) An Italian actress.
5. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(b) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
(c) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
(d) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
3. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
4. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
5. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)