|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steps forward at the church as a witness that causes Mr. Rochester to convulse in fury or despair at the sight?
(a) Mr. Mason.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mr. Green.
(d) Bertha Mason.
2. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a stranger.
(b) She treats her like a pupil.
(c) She treats her like a servant.
(d) She treats her like a visitor.
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird.
4. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
(a) That someone has bit him.
(b) That someone hafs pushed him.
(c) That someone has stabbed him.
(d) That someone has shot him.
5. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - we must go!"
(b) "Mason - go fetch him!"
(c) "Mason - the West Indies!"
(d) "Mason - in England!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
4. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
5. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)