|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
2. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Religious loci.
(b) Regnat populace.
3. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
4. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
(a) Because he is in trouble with the law.
(b) Because he has arranged to be married.
(c) Because his brother is buried there.
(d) Because his father has business there.
5. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
5. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)