|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Moving to America.
(b) Exploring the world.
(c) Attending school.
(d) Marrying a rich beau.
2. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
(d) Mr. Rochester.
3. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
(a) Dreams, sympathies, and signs.
(b) Presentiments, sympathies, and signs.
(c) Dreams, imaginings, and signs.
(d) Imaginings, presentiments, and sympathies.
4. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
5. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(b) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
5. Who is Adele's mother?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)