|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
2. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
(a) Dreams, imaginings, and signs.
(b) Dreams, sympathies, and signs.
(c) Presentiments, sympathies, and signs.
(d) Imaginings, presentiments, and sympathies.
3. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) An Italian school.
(b) A Spanish hospital.
(c) A French convent.
(d) An English estate.
4. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(b) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
(c) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
(d) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
5. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
(a) Happiness, peace, and relief.
(b) Gratitude, forgiveness, and faith.
(c) Sorrow, blame, and despair.
(d) Disgust, hate, and rage.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
2. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
3. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
4. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
5. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)