|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
(a) Leave Thornfield.
(b) Become a mistress.
(c) Marry Mr. Rochester.
(d) Enter a nunnery.
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That lightning has split it in two.
(b) That someone has carved its trunk.
(c) That someone has cut it down.
(d) That a fire has burned it down.
3. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
(a) Rank; wealth.
(b) Feeling; wealth.
(c) Taste; feeling.
(d) Rank; taste.
4. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
5. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
3. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
4. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
5. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)