|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
(b) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(c) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
(d) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
2. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
3. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
4. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
(a) Because Eliza has sent for her.
(b) Because Georgiana has sent for her.
(c) Because Bessie has sent for her.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has sent for her.
5. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
(a) Because she thinks there is no proprietor at Thornfield.
(b) Because she thinks Mr. Rochester is dead.
(c) Because she thinks Thornfield belongs to Adele.
(d) Because she thinks Mrs. Fairfax is the owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
4. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
5. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)