|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
(b) Mrs. Rochester - London.
(c) Mr. Rochester - London.
(d) Miss Eyre - London.
2. Mr. Rochester tells Jane that he has written to his banker to send him what item that has been in his safe-keeping?
3. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Temple.
4. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A gold cross.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A diamond watch.
(d) A pearl brooch.
5. At the beginning of the marriage ceremony, what impediment does the stranger give to stop Jane's and Mr. Rochester's wedding?
(a) That Jane has a husband now living.
(b) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now dead.
(c) That Jane has a husband now dead.
(d) That Mr. Rochester has a wife now living.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
3. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
4. After Mr. Rochester discovers the truth about Bertha's insanity in the West Indies, what does he tell Jane he momentarily thought he should do?
5. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)