|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
2. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) A French opera dancer.
(b) A German singer.
(c) A Greek dress maker.
(d) An Italian actress.
3. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Warm and sunny.
(b) Hot and muggy.
(c) Temperate and mild.
(d) Cold and rainy.
4. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(b) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(c) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(d) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
5. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
(a) Because he is feverish.
(b) Because he has insomnia.
(c) Because he is injured.
(d) Because he has thyphus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
2. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
5. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)