|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
(a) Blamed; repulsed.
(b) Forgave; repulsed.
(c) Forgave; scorned.
(d) Scorned; helped.
2. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Comfortably; tranquil.
(b) Uncomfortably; troubled.
(c) Comfortably; troubled.
(d) Luxuriously; pleasing.
3. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
4. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. But happy.
(b) Calm, yes. And happy.
(c) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
(d) Calm, no. And unhappy.
5. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
(a) A thief.
(b) A father.
(c) A bigamist.
(d) A husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
3. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
4. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
5. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)