|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(c) Small pox.
2. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A smooth and pleasing face.
(b) A pale and old face.
(c) A discoloured and savage face.
(d) A tan and haughty face.
3. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; approved; enemies.
(b) Hated; approved; friends.
(c) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(d) Hated; disapproved; friends.
4. According to Mr. Rochester, he tells Jane that it has been ten years since he has flown from Europe with what three things as his companion?
(a) Disgust, hate, and rage.
(b) Sorrow, blame, and despair.
(c) Gratitude, forgiveness, and faith.
(d) Happiness, peace, and relief.
5. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as they are supposed to feel.
(b) Just as men feel.
(c) Just as children feel.
(d) Just as they want to feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
2. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
3. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
5. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)