|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A bird.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A tiger.
2. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
(a) That she forgave him on the spot.
(b) That she must pray for forgiveness.
(c) That she would never forgive him.
(d) That she will soon forgive him.
3. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
4. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a pupil.
(b) She treats her like a visitor.
(c) She treats her like a servant.
(d) She treats her like a stranger.
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(b) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(c) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(d) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
2. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
3. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
4. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
5. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)