|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as they want to feel.
(b) Just as men feel.
(c) Just as children feel.
(d) Just as they are supposed to feel.
2. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
3. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
4. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
5. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
4. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)