|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
2. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(a) The queen.
(d) A fellow creature.
3. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
(a) That someone has stabbed him.
(b) That someone has shot him.
(c) That someone has bit him.
(d) That someone hafs pushed him.
4. What language does Adele speak fluently?
5. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
2. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
5. After Mr. Rochester discovers the truth about Bertha's insanity in the West Indies, what does he tell Jane he momentarily thought he should do?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)