|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(b) A fellow creature.
(c) The queen.
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Rancid meat.
(b) Burned porridge.
(c) Cold gruel.
(d) Grainy soup.
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) John Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
(d) Georgiana Reed.
5. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is too curly.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is cropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
3. The elderly woman and two ladies Jane sees through the latticed window are speaking what language?
4. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
5. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)