|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is cropped.
(d) It is too long.
2. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Grace Poole.
4. What is the name of the person who interrupts the wedding between Jane and Mr. Rochester?
5. When Jane asks why Mr. Rochester had wanted Jane to believe that he was going to marry Blanche Ingram, what does he say?
(a) That he knew jealousy would be his best ally.
(b) That he knew she would not believe it to be true.
(c) That he had made a promise he did not intend to keep.
(d) That Blanche Ingram had tricked him into becoming engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
2. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
4. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
5. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)