|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
(a) He has fallen down the staircase.
(b) He has fallen with his horse.
(c) He has fallen off his chair.
(d) He has fallen out of his coach.
2. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
(a) Because he has arranged to be married.
(b) Because his brother is buried there.
(c) Because his father has business there.
(d) Because he is in trouble with the law.
3. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That someone has cut it down.
(b) That lightning has split it in two.
(c) That a fire has burned it down.
(d) That someone has carved its trunk.
4. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
(a) She has no food.
(b) She has no faith.
(c) She has no memory.
(d) She has no money.
5. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
2. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
3. During what month does Jane return to see Mrs. Reed at Gateshead?
4. Jane give money to whom the morning after Mr. Rochester's proposal?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)