|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To Gateshead.
(b) To marriage.
(c) To her family.
(d) To Mr. Rochester.
2. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
3. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
(a) Because she thinks there is no proprietor at Thornfield.
(b) Because she thinks Mr. Rochester is dead.
(c) Because she thinks Thornfield belongs to Adele.
(d) Because she thinks Mrs. Fairfax is the owner.
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
5. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That a fire has burned it down.
(b) That someone has cut it down.
(c) That someone has carved its trunk.
(d) That lightning has split it in two.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
4. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
5. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)