|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(b) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(c) That her position as governess will continue.
(d) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) A bully.
(c) A thief.
(d) An atheist.
3. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
4. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
5. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
(a) Because he has thyphus.
(b) Because he has insomnia.
(c) Because he is feverish.
(d) Because he is injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
2. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
4. At the beginning of the marriage ceremony, what impediment does the stranger give to stop Jane's and Mr. Rochester's wedding?
5. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)