|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a pupil.
(b) She treats her like a stranger.
(c) She treats her like a servant.
(d) She treats her like a visitor.
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A phial and glass.
(b) A pillow and blanket.
(c) A pipe and matches.
(d) A knife and towel.
3. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(b) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
(c) Calm, yes. And happy.
(d) Calm, no. But happy.
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
5. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
3. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
4. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
5. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)