|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
(a) Because she thinks there is a ghost in the room.
(b) Because Bessie has threatened to strike her with a whip.
(c) Because she is cold and wants to light the fire.
(d) Because John is taunting her in the room.
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(b) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(c) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
3. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
4. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(a) The queen.
(d) A fellow creature.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
(a) A bed.
(b) A ring.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A carriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane discovers the gypsy to be whom?
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
3. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
4. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
5. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)