|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd.
(b) Helen Burns.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Miss Miller.
2. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(b) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
(c) That her position as governess will continue.
(d) That she has inherited money from a relative.
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(b) Because she is not good or original.
(c) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(d) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
4. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
(a) A Vampire.
(b) A Werewolf.
(c) A Siren.
(d) A Ghost.
5. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
2. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
3. What two things does Jane claim she will be when Mr. Rochester states how he will dress her up in satin and lace?
4. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
5. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)