|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(b) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) John and Miss Abbot.
2. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mary Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Bed him.
(b) Leave him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Marry him.
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) Georgiana Reed.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(d) John Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane comes across a little girl and asks her for what item that she is about to throw to the pigs?
2. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
3. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
5. According to Mr. Rochester, why does he have to go to Jamaica?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)