|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The record of marriage the person reads to stop the wedding is from how many years back?
2. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Eshton.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Fairfax.
3. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(a) A fellow creature.
(b) The queen.
4. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
5. What does Bertha do when Mr. Rochester brings the party from the church to her room?
(a) Embraces her brother.
(b) Stabs Grace Poole.
(c) Kisses Jane.
(d) Attacks him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
2. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
3. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
4. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
5. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)