|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She scolds her.
(d) She kisses her.
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Mrs. Dent.
(b) Colonel Dent.
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(b) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(c) Because she is not good or original.
(d) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
4. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(b) The queen.
(d) A fellow creature.
5. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
(a) He has fallen out of his coach.
(b) He has fallen with his horse.
(c) He has fallen off his chair.
(d) He has fallen down the staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
3. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
5. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)