|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
2. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
(a) Rank; taste.
(b) Taste; feeling.
(c) Rank; wealth.
(d) Feeling; wealth.
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(c) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
5. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(b) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(c) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(d) Because she is not good or original.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
2. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
5. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)