|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
(a) Presentiments, sympathies, and signs.
(b) Dreams, sympathies, and signs.
(c) Dreams, imaginings, and signs.
(d) Imaginings, presentiments, and sympathies.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
3. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
5. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as they are supposed to feel.
(b) Just as children feel.
(c) Just as men feel.
(d) Just as they want to feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
2. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
3. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
4. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
5. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)