|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; approved; friends.
(b) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(c) Envied; approved; enemies.
(d) Hated; disapproved; friends.
2. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Grace Poole.
(d) Mrs. Fairfax.
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
2. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
3. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)