|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her sculpture.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her portfolio.
2. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(b) Grace Poole.
3. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(b) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(c) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(d) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
5. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
(a) That someone has stabbed him.
(b) That someone hafs pushed him.
(c) That someone has bit him.
(d) That someone has shot him.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
4. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
5. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)