|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is too curly.
(b) It is cropped.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is unclean.
2. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A diamond watch.
(b) A pearl brooch.
(c) A silver bracelet.
(d) A gold cross.
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(b) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(c) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(d) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
4. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(c) The queen.
(d) A fellow creature.
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(b) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(c) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(d) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)