|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(b) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(c) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(d) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
2. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(b) Mrs. Fairfaix.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
4. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
(a) A pamphlet from Jane's cousin, Eliza Reed.
(b) A will from Mrs. Reed's husband, John Reed.
(c) A package from Jane's mother, Jane Eyre.
(d) A letter from Jane's uncle, John Eyre.
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(b) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(c) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(d) John and Miss Abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
2. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
4. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
5. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)