|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She kisses her.
(b) She scolds her.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She ignores her.
2. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
3. What language does Adele speak fluently?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(b) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(c) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(d) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(b) John and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
2. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
3. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
4. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
5. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)