|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
2. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A pearl brooch.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A diamond watch.
(d) A gold cross.
3. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Smith.
4. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Mrs. Dent.
(c) Colonel Dent.
5. During what month does Jane return to see Mrs. Reed at Gateshead?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
2. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
3. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
4. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
5. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)