|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The moodiness of children.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The dishonesty of servants.
(d) The prattle of children.
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(b) Small pox.
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A thief.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A bully.
(d) A liar.
5. Jane discovers the gypsy to be whom?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Mr. Eshton.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
2. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
3. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
4. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
5. While on her deathbed, what does Mrs. Reed ask Jane to fetch from her dressing-case?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)