|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
2. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Eating and muttering.
(b) Reading and drinking.
(c) Reading and muttering.
(d) Drinking and rocking.
3. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Rancid meat.
(b) Burned porridge.
(c) Cold gruel.
(d) Grainy soup.
4. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
5. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Warm and sunny.
(b) Temperate and mild.
(c) Hot and muggy.
(d) Cold and rainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Adele speak fluently?
2. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)