|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Worldly; cheerful.
2. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
3. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
4. What language does Adele speak fluently?
5. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
3. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
4. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
5. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)