|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
2. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Reading and drinking.
(b) Eating and muttering.
(c) Reading and muttering.
(d) Drinking and rocking.
3. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
4. According to Jane, Bessie once said that to dream of what was a sure sign of trouble?
5. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is cropped.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
2. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
3. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)