|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Rancid meat.
(b) Grainy soup.
(c) Burned porridge.
(d) Cold gruel.
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That she jas married him.
(c) That he has left her for another woman.
(d) That she has married someone else.
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Grace Poole.
4. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
5. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Mary Ingram.
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
2. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
4. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)