|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(b) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(c) Because she defends herself against John.
(d) Because she tells on Eliza.
2. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
(a) Because Georgiana has sent for her.
(b) Because Eliza has sent for her.
(c) Because Bessie has sent for her.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has sent for her.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her portfolio.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her sculpture.
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Helen Burns.
(b) Mrs. Lloyd.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Miss Miller.
5. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The prattle of children.
(c) The moodiness of children.
(d) The absence of adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
5. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)