|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(b) Colonel Dent.
(c) Mrs. Dent.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her sculpture.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her portfolio.
4. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
5. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. Why does Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, come to Thornfield to see Jane?
3. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)