|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - we must go!"
(b) "Mason - the West Indies!"
(c) "Mason - go fetch him!"
(d) "Mason - in England!"
2. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
(a) Because Bessie has threatened to strike her with a whip.
(b) Because John is taunting her in the room.
(c) Because she thinks there is a ghost in the room.
(d) Because she is cold and wants to light the fire.
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Mrs. Fairfaix.
5. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
2. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
4. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
5. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)