|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Grace Poole.
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
2. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(b) Because she is not good or original.
(c) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(d) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
4. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Hot and muggy.
(c) Temperate and mild.
(d) Warm and sunny.
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(b) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(c) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(d) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
2. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
3. During what month does Jane return to see Mrs. Reed at Gateshead?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)