|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mrs. Fairfaix.
2. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
3. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Grace Poole.
4. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Religious loci.
(b) Regnat populace.
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(b) Because it is on fire.
(c) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(d) Because Adele is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
4. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
5. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)