|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
2. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Moving to America.
(b) Exploring the world.
(c) Marrying a rich beau.
(d) Attending school.
3. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Temple.
4. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) A bully.
(c) A thief.
(d) An atheist.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
4. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)