|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Helen Burns.
(b) Mrs. Lloyd.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
2. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
3. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Lynn.
(b) Mr. Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Eshton.
4. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(b) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(c) Because she is not good or original.
(d) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(b) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month does Jane return to see Mrs. Reed at Gateshead?
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
3. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
4. According to Jane, what three things, when combined, make one mystery to which humanity has not yet found the key?
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)