|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
2. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - we must go!"
(b) "Mason - the West Indies!"
(c) "Mason - go fetch him!"
(d) "Mason - in England!"
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A phial and glass.
(b) A knife and towel.
(c) A pillow and blanket.
(d) A pipe and matches.
4. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
(b) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
(c) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(d) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
5. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)