|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(b) Georgiana Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
(d) John Reed.
2. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Reading and drinking.
(b) Eating and muttering.
(c) Reading and muttering.
(d) Drinking and rocking.
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(b) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
4. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
5. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
(a) That she is marrying him for his estate.
(b) That she is in love with him.
(c) That she wants revenge on someone else.
(d) That she does not have long to live.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
5. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)