|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(b) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(c) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(d) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
2. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Colonel Dent.
(c) Mrs. Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
2. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
4. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
5. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)