|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(c) John Reed.
(d) Georgiana Reed.
2. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a servant.
(b) She treats her like a pupil.
(c) She treats her like a visitor.
(d) She treats her like a stranger.
3. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Quaint; cheerful.
(c) Worldly; grave.
(d) Quaint; grave.
4. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
5. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(b) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(c) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(d) Because the smallest girls need the food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
2. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
3. Jane discovers the gypsy to be whom?
4. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)