|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
2. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
3. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Drinking and rocking.
(b) Reading and drinking.
(c) Eating and muttering.
(d) Reading and muttering.
4. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a stranger.
(b) She treats her like a servant.
(c) She treats her like a visitor.
(d) She treats her like a pupil.
5. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; approved; enemies.
(b) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(c) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(d) Hated; approved; friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
3. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)