|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she tells on Eliza.
(b) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(c) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
2. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Cold gruel.
(b) Burned porridge.
(c) Rancid meat.
(d) Grainy soup.
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(b) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(c) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(d) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(b) Small pox.
5. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
4. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
5. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)