|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Lynn.
(b) Mr. Eshton.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Fairfax.
2. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
3. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(b) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(c) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(d) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Miller.
5. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is too curly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
3. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
4. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
5. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)