|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(b) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Grace Poole.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her portfolio.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her sculpture.
4. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
(a) That she is marrying him for his estate.
(b) That she is in love with him.
(c) That she does not have long to live.
(d) That she wants revenge on someone else.
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(b) Colonel Dent.
(c) Mrs. Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
2. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
3. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
4. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
5. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)