|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as men feel.
(b) Just as children feel.
(c) Just as they want to feel.
(d) Just as they are supposed to feel.
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(b) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(c) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(d) Habits of poverty and frugality.
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Grace Poole.
4. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(b) Grace Poole.
5. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
2. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
5. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)