|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) A bully.
(c) A thief.
(d) An atheist.
2. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Mary Ingram.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
3. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(c) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(b) John Reed.
(c) Georgiana Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
5. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
(a) That she does not have long to live.
(b) That she wants revenge on someone else.
(c) That she is marrying him for his estate.
(d) That she is in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)