|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Miller.
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
4. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - go fetch him!"
(b) "Mason - in England!"
(c) "Mason - we must go!"
(d) "Mason - the West Indies!"
5. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as they want to feel.
(b) Just as children feel.
(c) Just as men feel.
(d) Just as they are supposed to feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
4. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
5. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)