|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Fairfaix.
2. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(c) Small pox.
3. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
(a) He has fallen down the staircase.
(b) He has fallen out of his coach.
(c) He has fallen off his chair.
(d) He has fallen with his horse.
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Miller.
5. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
2. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
3. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
4. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)