|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - we must go!"
(b) "Mason - in England!"
(c) "Mason - the West Indies!"
(d) "Mason - go fetch him!"
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is not good or original.
(b) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(c) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(d) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
3. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
5. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)