|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Grace Poole.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
2. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) A French opera dancer.
(b) A German singer.
(c) A Greek dress maker.
(d) An Italian actress.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her portfolio.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her sculpture.
(d) Her books.
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Fairfaix.
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(d) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
4. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
5. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)