|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Marrying a rich beau.
(b) Moving to America.
(c) Exploring the world.
(d) Attending school.
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The moodiness of children.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The dishonesty of servants.
3. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is too curly.
4. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
5. What is the gypsy doing when Jane enters the library?
(a) Reading and drinking.
(b) Eating and muttering.
(c) Drinking and rocking.
(d) Reading and muttering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
3. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
4. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)