|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She kisses her.
(d) She scolds her.
3. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
(a) Taste; feeling.
(b) Rank; taste.
(c) Feeling; wealth.
(d) Rank; wealth.
4. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(b) John and Miss Abbot.
(c) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(d) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
5. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Lynn.
(b) Mr. Eshton.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
2. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
3. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
5. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)