|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Fairfax.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Eshton.
2. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
(a) Because Bessie has threatened to strike her with a whip.
(b) Because she thinks there is a ghost in the room.
(c) Because she is cold and wants to light the fire.
(d) Because John is taunting her in the room.
3. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
4. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is cropped.
(d) It is too curly.
5. What language does Adele speak fluently?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
2. Jane discovers the gypsy to be whom?
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
4. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
5. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)