|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(b) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(c) Because she is not good or original.
(d) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
2. After Jane tells Mr. Rochester that Mr. Mason has arrived, what does he exclaim?
(a) "Mason - the West Indies!"
(b) "Mason - go fetch him!"
(c) "Mason - we must go!"
(d) "Mason - in England!"
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(d) Small pox.
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(b) Mrs. Lloyd.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Helen Burns.
5. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
2. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
3. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
4. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
5. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)