|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(b) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) John and Miss Abbot.
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Scatcherd.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Smith.
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The moodiness of children.
(c) The absence of adults.
(d) The prattle of children.
5. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(b) Grace Poole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane warns the gypsy of what when she asks if Jane would like her fortune told?
2. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
3. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)