|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(d) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
2. What language does Adele speak fluently?
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(b) Because she tells on Eliza.
(c) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(a) Small pox.
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Comfortably; tranquil.
(b) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(c) Uncomfortably; troubled.
(d) Comfortably; troubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
2. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
3. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)