|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
2. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Comfortably; tranquil.
(b) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(c) Comfortably; troubled.
(d) Uncomfortably; troubled.
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She scolds her.
(b) She kisses her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She slaps her.
4. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Scatcherd.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
5. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
3. What language does Adele speak fluently?
4. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)