|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her portfolio.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her sculpture.
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) John and Miss Abbot.
(b) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
3. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(b) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(c) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
4. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(b) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(c) Envied; approved; enemies.
(d) Hated; approved; friends.
5. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Exploring the world.
(b) Moving to America.
(c) Attending school.
(d) Marrying a rich beau.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
3. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)