|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(d) Small pox.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
3. What language does Adele speak fluently?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; grave.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; cheerful.
(d) Worldly; cheerful.
5. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
2. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
3. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
4. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
5. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)