|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(b) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(c) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(d) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(b) Hated; approved; friends.
(c) Envied; approved; enemies.
(d) Hated; disapproved; friends.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(b) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(c) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Attending school.
(b) Moving to America.
(c) Marrying a rich beau.
(d) Exploring the world.
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
2. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
5. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)