|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(d) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(b) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(c) John and Miss Abbot.
(d) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A bully.
(d) A thief.
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against John.
(b) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(c) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(d) Because she tells on Eliza.
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
2. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
3. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
4. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
5. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)