|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Religious loci.
(c) Regnat populace.
2. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(b) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(c) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(d) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(b) Because she tells on Eliza.
(c) Because she defends herself against John.
(d) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(b) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(c) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(d) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
5. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(b) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(c) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(d) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
2. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
5. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)