|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(b) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(c) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(b) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(b) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) Miss Scatcherd.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Temple.
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Comfortably; troubled.
(b) Comfortably; tranquil.
(c) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(d) Uncomfortably; troubled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
3. What language does Adele speak fluently?
4. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)