|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(b) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(c) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(d) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
2. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
(a) He has fallen out of his coach.
(b) He has fallen off his chair.
(c) He has fallen with his horse.
(d) He has fallen down the staircase.
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(b) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(c) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(d) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
4. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(b) John and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(d) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
4. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
5. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)