|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as men feel.
(b) Just as they want to feel.
(c) Just as children feel.
(d) Just as they are supposed to feel.
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) John and Miss Abbot.
(b) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
3. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Temperate and mild.
(c) Hot and muggy.
(d) Warm and sunny.
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Miller.
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A bully.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
2. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
3. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
4. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)