|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
(a) She treats her like a servant.
(b) She treats her like a pupil.
(c) She treats her like a stranger.
(d) She treats her like a visitor.
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The absence of adults.
(b) The dishonesty of servants.
(c) The moodiness of children.
(d) The prattle of children.
4. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Miss Miller.
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)