|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A bully.
(b) A thief.
(c) A liar.
(d) An atheist.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(c) Small pox.
3. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Attending school.
(b) Marrying a rich beau.
(c) Exploring the world.
(d) Moving to America.
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(c) Small pox.
5. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(b) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(c) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(d) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
3. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)