|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(c) Small pox.
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(b) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(c) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(d) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(b) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(c) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(d) Because the smallest girls need the food.
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(b) Because she tells on Eliza.
(c) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
5. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as they want to feel.
(b) Just as children feel.
(c) Just as men feel.
(d) Just as they are supposed to feel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane first arrives at Thornfield, how does Mrs. Fairfax treat her that surprises her?
2. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
3. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
4. What language does Adele speak fluently?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)