|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Helen Burns.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Lloyd.
(d) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
3. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Miller.
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; grave.
(b) Worldly; cheerful.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(b) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(c) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(d) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
3. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)