|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(c) Small pox.
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She slaps her.
(c) She scolds her.
(d) She kisses her.
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) An atheist.
(b) A thief.
(c) A bully.
(d) A liar.
5. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
2. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
3. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
4. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
5. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)