|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A silver bracelet.
(b) A pearl brooch.
(c) A diamond watch.
(d) A gold cross.
2. According to Jane, women are supposed to be generally calm, but they feel what?
(a) Just as men feel.
(b) Just as children feel.
(c) Just as they are supposed to feel.
(d) Just as they want to feel.
3. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
4. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
5. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Hot and muggy.
(b) Warm and sunny.
(c) Temperate and mild.
(d) Cold and rainy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
2. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
5. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)