|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A gold cross.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A diamond watch.
(d) A pearl brooch.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The prattle of children.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The moodiness of children.
(d) The dishonesty of servants.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(b) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(c) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is playful.
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) Georgiana Reed.
(b) John Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
2. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
4. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
5. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)