|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) Georgiana Reed.
(b) John Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; approved; friends.
(b) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(c) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(d) Envied; approved; enemies.
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Helen Burns.
4. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
(a) Because she is cold and wants to light the fire.
(b) Because Bessie has threatened to strike her with a whip.
(c) Because John is taunting her in the room.
(d) Because she thinks there is a ghost in the room.
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
(a) Uncomfortably; troubled.
(b) Comfortably; troubled.
(c) Luxuriously; pleasing.
(d) Comfortably; tranquil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
2. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
3. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
4. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)