|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
2. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she tells on Eliza.
(b) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(c) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
3. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(b) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(c) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
4. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
5. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(a) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
2. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
5. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)