|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(b) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(c) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(d) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
2. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(c) John Reed.
(d) Georgiana Reed.
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(b) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(c) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(d) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Helen Burns.
5. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(c) Mr. Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
3. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
5. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)