|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; approved; enemies.
(b) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(c) Hated; approved; friends.
(d) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
2. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(b) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(c) Because she tells on Eliza.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
3. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Lloyd.
(d) Helen Burns.
5. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
3. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
4. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
5. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)