|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
(b) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
(c) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
(d) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
2. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Cold and rainy.
(b) Hot and muggy.
(c) Warm and sunny.
(d) Temperate and mild.
3. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Regnat populace.
(b) Religious loci.
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(c) Small pox.
5. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(b) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(c) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(d) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
4. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)