|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(d) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(d) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A thief.
(b) A bully.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A liar.
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(b) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(c) Because she defends herself against John.
(d) Because she tells on Eliza.
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(b) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(c) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(d) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
3. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
5. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)