|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(b) Because she defends herself against John.
(c) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(d) Because she tells on Eliza.
2. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
(a) Because her children have complained that Jane is getting all the attention.
(b) Because she feels Jane has too much of a sociable and childlike disposition.
(c) Because she feels Jane is contagious and does not want her children to get sick.
(d) Because she feels Jane does not have a sociable and childlike disposition.
3. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(b) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
4. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is unclean.
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Scatcherd.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Miss Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
2. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
5. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)