|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She scolds her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She kisses her.
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) John and Miss Abbot.
(b) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(c) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(d) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
3. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
4. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Marrying a rich beau.
(b) Attending school.
(c) Moving to America.
(d) Exploring the world.
5. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Hot and muggy.
(b) Cold and rainy.
(c) Warm and sunny.
(d) Temperate and mild.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
2. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
3. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
5. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)