|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
(b) Mr. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
2. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(b) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(c) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(d) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
3. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Smith.
5. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She scolds her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She kisses her.
(d) She slaps her.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
2. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
3. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)