|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(b) John and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(b) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(c) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(d) Habits of poverty and frugality.
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She kisses her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She scolds her.
(d) She slaps her.
4. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Cold gruel.
(b) Grainy soup.
(c) Rancid meat.
(d) Burned porridge.
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
3. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
4. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
5. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)