|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
(a) Temperate and mild.
(b) Hot and muggy.
(c) Cold and rainy.
(d) Warm and sunny.
2. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
3. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Rancid meat.
(b) Grainy soup.
(c) Burned porridge.
(d) Cold gruel.
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(d) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
5. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(b) Mrs. Lloyd.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Helen Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
2. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)