|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Smith.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
2. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she tells on Eliza.
(b) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(c) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
3. What month is it when Jane departs for Lowood?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(b) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(c) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(d) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(b) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
2. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
3. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
4. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)