|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
2. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(b) Small pox.
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(c) Small pox.
4. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(b) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(c) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(d) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
5. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(b) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(d) John and Miss Abbot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
2. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
4. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)