|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(b) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(c) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(d) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
2. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(b) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(c) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(d) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) A bully.
(c) A thief.
(d) An atheist.
4. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It is cropped.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is too curly.
5. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(c) Regnat populace.
(d) Religious loci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as the novel opens?
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
3. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
4. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)