|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Regnat populace.
(d) Religious loci.
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) John and Miss Abbot.
(b) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(b) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(c) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(d) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
4. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(b) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(c) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(d) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
3. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
4. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
5. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)