|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(b) John and Miss Abbot.
(c) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
(d) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
2. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(b) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(c) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(d) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
4. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she tells on Eliza.
(b) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(c) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the red-room, why does Jane rush at the door and shake the lock to escape?
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
3. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
4. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)