|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(b) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(c) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(d) Because the smallest girls need the food.
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A bully.
(b) A thief.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A liar.
3. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd.
(b) Helen Burns.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
4. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Smith.
5. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is cropped.
(c) It is too long.
(d) It is too curly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
2. According to Jane, who bullies and punishes her "not two or three times in the week, nor once or twice in the day, but continually?"
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
4. Why does Mrs. Reed forbid Jane from joining her, Eliza, John, and Georgiana in the drawing-room?
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)