|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
(a) Leave Thornfield.
(b) Enter a nunnery.
(c) Become a mistress.
(d) Marry Mr. Rochester.
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A bully.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
3. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
4. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Miss Eyre - London.
(b) Mr. Rochester - London.
(c) Mrs. Rochester - London.
(d) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
5. Where is Mr. Rochester living following the fire at Thornfield?
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. When Jane first lays her eyes on the injured Mr. Rochester, she compares him to what kind of animal?
3. According to the gypsy, what is within Jane's reach?
4. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
5. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)