Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That someone has cut it down.
(b) That a fire has burned it down.
(c) That lightning has split it in two.
(d) That someone has carved its trunk.
2. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
3. What does Mr. Rochester say in the church that he meant to be, but fate has out-maneuvered him?
(a) A father.
(b) A bigamist.
(c) A thief.
(d) A husband.
4. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) One year.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
5. Jane discovers what about her pupils that makes her realize she was initially mistaken?
(a) They are all rich.
(b) They are not all rich.
(c) They are not all dull.
(d) They are all dull.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
2. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
3. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
4. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)