|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bessie's husband, Robert Leaven, how has John Reed died?
2. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
(a) Grainy soup.
(b) Rancid meat.
(c) Burned porridge.
(d) Cold gruel.
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird.
4. Jane discovers the gypsy to be whom?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Mr. Eshton.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
5. After Jane refuses to become Mr. Rochester's mistress and leaves Thornfield, where does the coachman drop her when she runs out of money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
2. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
3. Who is Adele's mother?
4. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
5. When Jane addresses the reader on her way to Thornfield for the first time, she states that "though I look ______accommodated, I am not very________in my mind."
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)