Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
2. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(b) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(c) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(d) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
3. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mary Ingram.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
4. What language does Adele speak fluently?
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(b) Because Adele is ill.
(c) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(d) Because it is on fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane surprised to learn that Mr. Rochester is the proprietor of Thornfield?
2. What does the gypsy tell Jane about Blanche's motive for marrying Mr. Rochester?
3. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
4. Who is Adele's mother?
5. Who orders a lunch of bread and cheese after learning of the girls' inedible breakfast?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)