Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XIII | Chapter XIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(b) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(c) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(d) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
2. Who holds down Jane's arms and threatens to tie her down in the red-room?
(a) Bessie and Miss Abbot.
(b) John and Miss Abbot.
(c) Bessie and Mrs. Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed and Miss Abbot.
3. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Scatcherd.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(c) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(d) Whether she thinks he is playful.
5. How does Jane first encounter Mr. Rochester?
(a) He has fallen off his chair.
(b) He has fallen out of his coach.
(c) He has fallen with his horse.
(d) He has fallen down the staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
3. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)