|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IX | Chapter X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(b) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
2. Why is Jane taken and locked in the red-room?
(a) Because she defends herself against Bessie.
(b) Because she tells on Eliza.
(c) Because she pulls Georgiana's hair.
(d) Because she defends herself against John.
3. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
4. Whom does Jane meet when she first arrives at Lowood?
(a) Mrs. Lloyd.
(b) Helen Burns.
(c) Miss Miller.
(d) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
5. Who says to Helen, "Burns, you are standing on the side of your shoe; turn your toes out immediately," and "Burns, you poke your chin most unpleasantly; draw it in!"?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Temple.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane first eat at Lowood that is disgusting, but is devoured out of hunger?
2. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
4. According to Jane, what hour in the evening has provided "the ruddy gloaming, the licensed uproar, the confusion of many voices gave one a welcome sense of liberty?"
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)