|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Regnat populace.
(d) Religious loci.
2. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A French convent.
(b) An English estate.
(c) An Italian school.
(d) A Spanish hospital.
3. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
(a) She is a runaway from another island.
(b) She is ill with thyphus.
(c) She is the mistress of his father.
(d) She is shut up in a lunatic asylum.
4. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(b) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(c) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(d) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
3. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
4. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
5. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)