|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Grace Poole.
2. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
3. How is St. John related to Jane?
(a) His mother is her mother's sister.
(b) His father is her mother's brother.
(c) His father is her father's brother.
(d) His mother is her father's sister.
4. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
(a) Because no one loves her.
(b) Because no one checks on her.
(c) Because everyone has left.
(d) Because she is cast out.
5. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(b) Lack of.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
3. St. John wants Jane to be the mistress of what kind of school?
4. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
5. After Mr. Rochester discovers the truth about Bertha's insanity in the West Indies, what does he tell Jane he momentarily thought he should do?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)