|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is cropped.
(d) It is unclean.
2. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
(a) That someone has shot him.
(b) That someone has bit him.
(c) That someone hafs pushed him.
(d) That someone has stabbed him.
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She slaps her.
(c) She scolds her.
(d) She kisses her.
4. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Rosamond Oliver.
(c) St. John.
(d) Mr. Mason.
5. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(b) Hated; approved; friends.
(c) Envied; approved; enemies.
(d) Hated; disapproved; friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
2. How is St. John related to Jane?
3. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
4. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
5. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)