|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
2. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(b) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(c) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
(d) That her position as governess will continue.
3. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
4. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
5. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
3. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)