|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(b) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(c) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(d) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
2. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(b) Lack of.
3. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is cropped.
4. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
5. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
(a) Scorned; helped.
(b) Blamed; repulsed.
(c) Forgave; scorned.
(d) Forgave; repulsed.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
2. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
3. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
4. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)