|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(b) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(c) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(d) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
3. Why does Mr. Oliver invite her to spend the evening at Vale Hall?
(a) Because he is in love with her.
(b) Because he wants to hire her as a governess.
(c) Because he has heard that she knew Mr. Rochester.
(d) Because he likes the portrait she made of Rosamond.
4. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To her family.
(b) To Gateshead.
(c) To marriage.
(d) To Mr. Rochester.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(c) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
2. What is the name of the book Jane reads that begins, "Day set on Norham's castled steep, And Tweed's fair river broad and deep"?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
5. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)