|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That someone has cut it down.
(b) That someone has carved its trunk.
(c) That lightning has split it in two.
(d) That a fire has burned it down.
2. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
(a) Blamed; repulsed.
(b) Scorned; helped.
(c) Forgave; scorned.
(d) Forgave; repulsed.
3. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(b) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(c) That her position as governess will continue.
(d) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
4. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) A thief.
(c) An atheist.
(d) A bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
3. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)