|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
(a) Rank; taste.
(b) Feeling; wealth.
(c) Taste; feeling.
(d) Rank; wealth.
3. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
(b) Calm, yes. And happy.
(c) Calm, no. But happy.
(d) Calm, no. And unhappy.
4. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
(a) None of his property.
(b) A small portion of his property.
(c) All of his property.
(d) Some of his property.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
(a) A wedding gown.
(b) A carriage.
(c) A bed.
(d) A ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
2. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
3. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
4. Whom does Jane meet in her dreams during the time when she is a schoolmistress?
5. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)