|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
2. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) An Italian school.
(c) An English estate.
(d) A French convent.
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(b) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(c) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(d) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
(a) A pipe and matches.
(b) A phial and glass.
(c) A knife and towel.
(d) A pillow and blanket.
5. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That a fire has burned it down.
(b) That someone has cut it down.
(c) That lightning has split it in two.
(d) That someone has carved its trunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
2. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
3. According to Mr. Rochester, what has happened to Bertha's mother?
4. What does Mr. Mason tell the surgeon about his shoulder?
5. How is St. John related to Jane?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)