|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, yes. And happy.
(d) Calm, no. But happy.
2. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) A French convent.
(c) An English estate.
(d) An Italian school.
3. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Quaint; grave.
(c) Worldly; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Mrs. Dent.
(b) Colonel Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
4. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)