|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(d) Lack of.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
3. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
4. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Fairfax.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Eshton.
5. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(b) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
(c) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(d) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
2. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
4. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
5. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)