|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(b) Envied; approved; enemies.
(c) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(d) Hated; approved; friends.
2. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
3. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
(a) Because he has insomnia.
(b) Because he is injured.
(c) Because he is feverish.
(d) Because he has thyphus.
4. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is too curly.
(d) It is unclean.
5. What skill does Jane possess that surprises and charms Diana and Mary?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
2. According to Jane, what is one reason the intimacy she shares with Diana and Mary does not extend to St. John?
3. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
4. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
5. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)