|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A French convent.
(b) An English estate.
(c) An Italian school.
(d) A Spanish hospital.
2. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(c) Small pox.
3. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
(a) Mr. Reed.
(b) Rosamond Oliver.
(c) St. John.
(d) Mr. Mason.
4. What is the name of the surgeon with whom Mr. Rochester returns?
5. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(a) The queen.
(c) A fellow creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
5. What is the name of the book Jane reads that begins, "Day set on Norham's castled steep, And Tweed's fair river broad and deep"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)