|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; cheerful.
(b) Quaint; grave.
(c) Worldly; cheerful.
(d) Worldly; grave.
2. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
3. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) An English estate.
(b) An Italian school.
(c) A French convent.
(d) A Spanish hospital.
4. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(b) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(c) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
5. What is the name of the book Jane reads that begins, "Day set on Norham's castled steep, And Tweed's fair river broad and deep"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Oliver invite her to spend the evening at Vale Hall?
2. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
4. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
5. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)