|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A child.
(b) A bible.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A rose.
3. How much is Jane worth after the death of her uncle?
(a) Twenty-thousand pounds.
(b) Five-thousand pounds.
(c) Ten-thousand pounds.
(d) One-thousand pounds.
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(d) Small pox.
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. But happy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, yes. And happy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. As Jane begs the woman called Hannah for food and shelter, who arrives to let her inside?
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)