|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Grace Poole.
2. In Moor house, whom does Jane regard as the superior and leader?
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. Jane states that, with Mary and Diana, there is a _________congeniality of tastes, sentiments, and principles.
(b) Lack of.
5. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
(a) All of his property.
(b) Some of his property.
(c) A small portion of his property.
(d) None of his property.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane recalls asking to trade her handkerchief and glove for a cake and is refused, she states that she _________none of those who________me.
2. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
3. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)