|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(b) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(c) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(d) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
3. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
4. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(b) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(c) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(d) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
2. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
3. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
4. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
5. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)