|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, what words go side-by-side with "Legacy" and "Bequest?"
(a) "Fortune" and "Fame."
(b) "Theft" and "Ill-repute."
(c) "Death" and "Funeral."
(d) "Faith" and "Rejoice."
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(b) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
3. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Mason.
(b) Mr. Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Lynn.
(d) Mr. Eshton.
4. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(b) Colonel Dent.
(d) Mrs. Dent.
5. What feeling does Jane observe St. John has for Rosamond Oliver?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
2. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
3. What is the name of the book Jane reads that begins, "Day set on Norham's castled steep, And Tweed's fair river broad and deep"?
4. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)