|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Bed him.
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The moodiness of children.
(b) The prattle of children.
(c) The absence of adults.
(d) The dishonesty of servants.
3. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) An English estate.
(c) A French convent.
(d) An Italian school.
4. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Temple.
(d) Miss Scatcherd.
5. Jane comes across a little girl and asks her for what item that she is about to throw to the pigs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. What does Mr. John Eyre of Madeira leave to Jane following his death?
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
4. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
5. On the third day of her homelessness, Jane inquires about what to the woman in the village shop?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)