|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
2. When Mr. Rochester asks Jane if she will ever forgive him, what does she tell the reader?
(a) That she will soon forgive him.
(b) That she would never forgive him.
(c) That she must pray for forgiveness.
(d) That she forgave him on the spot.
3. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) John Reed.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(d) Georgiana Reed.
5. According to Jane, the more she knows of the residents at Moor house, the better she what?
(a) Likes them.
(b) Understands them.
(c) Dislikes them.
(d) Misunderstands them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
2. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. On the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, what does Jane think she should do?
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)