|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Eshton.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Fairfax.
(d) Mr. Mason.
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is cropped.
(c) It is too curly.
(d) It is too long.
3. According to Jane, what words go side-by-side with "Legacy" and "Bequest?"
(a) "Fortune" and "Fame."
(b) "Theft" and "Ill-repute."
(c) "Death" and "Funeral."
(d) "Faith" and "Rejoice."
4. According to Jane, she tells Mr. Rochester a wanderer's repose and sinner's reformation do NOT depend on what?
(a) The queen.
(b) A fellow creature.
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) Eliza Reed.
(b) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) A strange woman.
(d) Grace Poole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester forbid Mr. Mason and Jane to do before he departs?
2. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
3. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
5. Why does Jane think, on the afternoon following the discovery of Bertha Mason, that "friends always forget those whom fortune forsakes"?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)