|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Jane's village neighbors treat her?
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is unclean.
(c) It is too curly.
(d) It is too long.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Forgive him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Bed him.
4. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The prattle of children.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The dishonesty of servants.
(d) The moodiness of children.
5. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
2. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
3. Why does Mr. Rochester fetch Jane in the middle of the night to help Mr. Mason?
4. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to fetch for Mr. Mason from the drawer in his room?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)