|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Worldly; cheerful.
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is cropped.
(d) It is too curly.
3. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Regnat populace.
(d) Religious loci.
4. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
(b) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(c) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(d) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
2. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)