|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is cropped.
(b) It is too curly.
(c) It is unclean.
(d) It is too long.
2. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Regnat populace.
(d) Religious loci.
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; approved; friends.
(b) Envied; approved; enemies.
(c) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(d) Hated; disapproved; friends.
5. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(b) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
3. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
4. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)