|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(a) Small pox.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
3. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(b) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(c) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
4. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
5. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Grace Poole.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)