|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Temple.
(b) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Miller.
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She kisses her.
(d) She scolds her.
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(c) Small pox.
4. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Grace Poole.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(b) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(c) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
2. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
4. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
5. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)