|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
2. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) Georgiana Reed.
(c) Mrs. Reed.
(d) John Reed.
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A diamond watch.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A pearl brooch.
(d) A gold cross.
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A thief.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A bully.
(d) A liar.
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
2. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
5. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)