|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Mrs. Eshton.
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
(a) It is unclean.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is cropped.
(d) It is too curly.
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The moodiness of children.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The absence of adults.
4. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(b) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(c) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) Mrs. Reed.
(c) John Reed.
(d) Georgiana Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
2. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
3. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
5. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)