|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; cheerful.
(d) Quaint; grave.
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(b) Habits of poverty and frugality.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of obedience and servitude.
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
(a) She feels apprehension and a conviction of insecurity and transformation.
(b) She feels relief and a conviction of protection and security.
(c) She feels panic and a conviction of incompetence and ill-will.
(d) She feels indifference and a lack of conviction that she will recover.
4. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
5. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
2. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
3. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
4. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
5. Jane is speaking to whom when she states, "I will say the very thought of you makes me sick, and that you treated me with miserable cruelty."
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)