|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(b) Envied; approved; enemies.
(c) Hated; approved; friends.
(d) Hated; disapproved; friends.
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(b) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(c) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
(d) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
4. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
5. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(b) Religious loci.
(d) Regnat populace.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)