|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
(a) Attending school.
(b) Marrying a rich beau.
(c) Exploring the world.
(d) Moving to America.
2. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(b) Miss Miller.
(c) Miss Scatcherd.
(d) Miss Temple.
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The prattle of children.
(b) The moodiness of children.
(c) The dishonesty of servants.
(d) The absence of adults.
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; cheerful.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Worldly; grave.
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)