|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) John Reed.
(c) Georgiana Reed.
(d) Mrs. Reed.
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Grace Poole.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her portfolio.
(c) Her sculpture.
(d) Her books.
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A thief.
(b) A liar.
(c) A bully.
(d) An atheist.
5. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
(b) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(c) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(d) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
2. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
4. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
5. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)