|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(b) Small pox.
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her sculpture.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her portfolio.
3. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(b) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(d) Whether she thinks he is playful.
5. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Grace Poole.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
2. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
5. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)