|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
(b) Small pox.
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; approved; enemies.
(b) Hated; approved; friends.
(c) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(d) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A pearl brooch.
(b) A silver bracelet.
(c) A gold cross.
(d) A diamond watch.
4. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(a) Regnat populace.
(c) Religious loci.
5. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(a) Georgiana Reed.
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(d) John Reed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
2. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
5. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)