|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She scolds her.
(d) She kisses her.
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(b) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(c) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
3. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Grace Poole.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
4. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The moodiness of children.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The absence of adults.
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
2. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
3. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
5. When May arrives at Lowood, what is the "fog-bred pestilence" that arrives to transform the school into a hospital?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)