|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The moodiness of children.
(b) The dishonesty of servants.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The absence of adults.
2. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
(a) Because the nearest physician lives in Bath.
(b) Because the physician Mrs. Reed has employed is out of town.
(c) Because Mr. Lloyd is studying to become a physician.
(d) Because Mrs. Reed has employed an apothecary to care for Jane and the servants.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(b) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
3. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
4. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
5. As Mr. Lloyd questions Jane about her life at Gateshead, Jane's spirit is moved by what prospect which implies "an entire separation from Gateshead, an entrance into a new life?"
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)