|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(b) Grace Poole.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
2. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(b) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(c) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(d) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her portfolio.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her sculpture.
4. To whom is Blanche referring when she tells Mr. Rochester that "half of them detestable, and the rest ridiculous"?
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(b) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
2. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
4. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
5. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)