|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(b) Religious loci.
(c) Regnat populace.
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her portfolio.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her sculpture.
(d) Her books.
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Grace Poole.
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
(b) Mrs. Reed.
(c) Georgiana Reed.
(d) John Reed.
5. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(d) Small pox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
2. When Mr. Rochester is in Leah's, what "sickening sense" does Jane feel regarding his absence?
3. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
4. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
5. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)