|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(d) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
2. After the disease abates at Lowood, what discovery is made that is mortifying to Mr. Brocklehurst?
(a) The discovery of the ill-treatment and poor conditions at the school.
(b) The discovery of missing funds and abusive teachers at the school.
(c) The discovery of scandalous behavior and excessive opulence at the school.
(d) The discovery of abducted children and slave wages at the school.
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(a) Mr. Rochester.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(d) Grace Poole.
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(b) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(c) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(d) Because the smallest girls need the food.
5. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
(b) Regnat populace.
(c) Religious loci.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
3. How does Jane respond to Mr. Lloyd's presence in the room?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)