|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what booty does Jane retreat when the party arrives with Mr. Rochester?
2. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
3. What is the subject of Leah's and the charwoman's conversation that Jane overhears, and is dropped once they perceive her?
(b) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Grace Poole.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(b) Whether she thinks he is serious.
(c) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is playful.
5. How old is Jane when the novel opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
2. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
4. According to Jane, as she observes Mr. Rochester's talking with Louisa and Amy Eshton, she thinks that she understands the language of his countenance, though _____ and ________sever them.
5. When Jane wakes up in her own bed after fainting in the red-room, why is Mr. Lloyd in the room and NOT a physician?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)