Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XVII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A silver bracelet.
(b) A diamond watch.
(c) A pearl brooch.
(d) A gold cross.
2. As she overhears Miss Abbot's and Bessie's conversation, Jane learns her parents died from what?
(a) Small pox.
3. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
4. According to Jane, why are the girls predisposed to becoming ill so that forty-five out of eighty are afflicted?
(a) Because of semi-starvation and neglected colds.
(b) Because of stifling heat and a fatty diet.
(c) Because of lack of exercise and too many sweets.
(d) Because of physical abuse and lack of vitamins.
5. Who, according to Jane, in her final eight years at Lowood, "stood me in the stead of mother, governess, and, latterly, companion"?
(a) Miss Miller.
(b) Miss Scatcherd.
(c) Mrs. Brocklehurst.
(d) Miss Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inscribed on Helen's grave besides her name?
2. Whom does Jane see riding along with Mr. Rochester on the night of the party's arrival, as well as the next morning?
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
4. Who arrives at Lowood to see Jane and is mistaken for the carrier by her?
5. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)