|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(b) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(c) Mrs. Dent.
(d) Colonel Dent.
3. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
4. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(b) Because she is not good or original.
(c) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(d) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
5. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
4. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
5. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)