|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; cheerful.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Worldly; grave.
4. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Eshton.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Fairfax.
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, no. But happy.
(d) Calm, yes. And happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
2. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)