|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her portfolio.
(c) Her sculpture.
(d) Her books.
2. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Lynn.
(b) Mr. Fairfax.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Eshton.
3. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
4. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Hated; approved; friends.
(b) Envied; approved; enemies.
(c) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(d) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
5. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) An Italian school.
(c) A French convent.
(d) An English estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
2. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
3. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
5. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)