|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A gold cross.
(b) A pearl brooch.
(c) A diamond watch.
(d) A silver bracelet.
2. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A thief.
(b) A bully.
(c) A liar.
(d) An atheist.
3. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) A strange woman.
(b) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Eliza Reed.
(d) Grace Poole.
4. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(b) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(c) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
(d) Because the smallest girls need the food.
5. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; grave.
(b) Quaint; cheerful.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Worldly; cheerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
4. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)