|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; grave.
(b) Worldly; cheerful.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The moodiness of children.
(b) The dishonesty of servants.
(c) The absence of adults.
(d) The prattle of children.
3. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A rose.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A bible.
(d) A child.
4. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) A strange woman.
(b) Eliza Reed.
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Grace Poole.
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, yes. And happy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, no. But happy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
2. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
3. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
4. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
5. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)