|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
(b) Miss Eyre - London.
(c) Mrs. Rochester - London.
(d) Mr. Rochester - London.
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Colonel Dent.
(c) Mrs. Dent.
3. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That her position as governess will continue.
(b) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(c) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
(d) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
4. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. But happy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, yes. And happy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her portfolio.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her sculpture.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
2. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
3. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
4. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
5. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)