|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(b) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(c) Envied; approved; enemies.
(d) Hated; approved; friends.
3. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Mr. Rochester.
4. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
(a) Mr. Rochester - London.
(b) Mr. Rochester and Miss Eyre - London.
(c) Mrs. Rochester - London.
(d) Miss Eyre - London.
5. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She kisses her.
(c) She slaps her.
(d) She scolds her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
2. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
3. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)