|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
(a) Envied; disapproved; enemies.
(b) Hated; approved; friends.
(c) Hated; disapproved; friends.
(d) Envied; approved; enemies.
2. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A pearl brooch.
(b) A diamond watch.
(c) A silver bracelet.
(d) A gold cross.
3. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) A French convent.
(c) An English estate.
(d) An Italian school.
4. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Fairfax.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Eshton.
(d) Mr. Mason.
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(b) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(c) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(d) Habits of poverty and frugality.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
2. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
3. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
4. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
5. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)