|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
(a) Because the smallest girls need the food.
(b) Because the older girls menace them into doing so.
(c) Because the teachers tell them to do so.
(d) Because the younger girls are not allowed more than one portion.
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The moodiness of children.
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A pearl brooch.
(b) A gold cross.
(c) A silver bracelet.
(d) A diamond watch.
4. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
5. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Eshton.
(b) Mr. Lynn.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
3. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
4. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)