|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The moodiness of children.
3. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
5. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A child.
(b) A rose.
(c) A bible.
(d) A lamb.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Jane and Mr. Rochester are to leave to be married, what is written on the labels that Jane cannot bring herself to affix to her trunks?
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
4. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)