|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) An English estate.
(c) An Italian school.
(d) A French convent.
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
(a) A bed.
(b) A ring.
(c) A wedding gown.
(d) A carriage.
3. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Colonel Dent.
(b) Mrs. Dent.
4. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She slaps her.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She kisses her.
(d) She scolds her.
5. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
3. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
4. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)