|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. But happy.
(b) Calm, yes. And happy.
(c) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
(b) That she has inherited money from a relative.
(c) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(d) That her position as governess will continue.
4. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
5. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A liar.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A bully.
(d) A thief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
2. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
3. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to see that will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly?
5. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)