|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
(a) A gold cross.
(b) A diamond watch.
(c) A pearl brooch.
(d) A silver bracelet.
2. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) An English estate.
(b) An Italian school.
(c) A French convent.
(d) A Spanish hospital.
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her sculpture.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her portfolio.
(d) Her jewelry.
4. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Quaint; cheerful.
(b) Quaint; grave.
(c) Worldly; grave.
(d) Worldly; cheerful.
5. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A pale and old face.
(b) A tan and haughty face.
(c) A smooth and pleasing face.
(d) A discoloured and savage face.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
2. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
3. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
4. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
5. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)