|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(b) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(c) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(d) Because she is not good or original.
3. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The absence of adults.
(b) The prattle of children.
(c) The dishonesty of servants.
(d) The moodiness of children.
4. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A rose.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A child.
(d) A bible.
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
(a) Grace Poole.
(b) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Eliza Reed.
(d) A strange woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
2. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
3. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
5. Why are Jane and other girls forced to part with their portion of food at Lowood during the cold winter months?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)