|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
(a) A bully.
(b) An atheist.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
2. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
(a) Mr. Lynn.
(b) Mr. Eshton.
(c) Mr. Mason.
(d) Mr. Fairfax.
3. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A bible.
(b) A rose.
(c) A child.
(d) A lamb.
4. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The moodiness of children.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The dishonesty of servants.
(d) The prattle of children.
5. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane tells Mr. Rochester the face of the person in the closet reminded her of what?
2. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
3. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
5. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)