|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A pale and old face.
(b) A discoloured and savage face.
(c) A tan and haughty face.
(d) A smooth and pleasing face.
3. According to Mr. Rochester, Jane is ______, quiet, _______, and simple.
(a) Worldly; cheerful.
(b) Worldly; grave.
(c) Quaint; grave.
(d) Quaint; cheerful.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
(a) Her sculpture.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her books.
(d) Her portfolio.
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(c) Colonel Dent.
(d) Mrs. Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Brocklehurst's complaint about Julia Severn's hair?
2. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
3. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
4. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
5. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)