|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The absence of adults.
(c) The moodiness of children.
(d) The prattle of children.
2. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(c) Mrs. Dent.
(d) Colonel Dent.
3. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) One month.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
4. When Jane recalls her dreams to Mr. Rochester about Thornfield's being in a dreary ruin, what does she tell him she is carrying in a shawl?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rose.
(c) A child.
(d) A bible.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
(a) Whether she thinks he is handsome.
(b) Whether she thinks he is youthful.
(c) Whether she thinks he is playful.
(d) Whether she thinks he is serious.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
4. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
5. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)