|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) A French convent.
(c) An Italian school.
(d) An English estate.
2. What hope does Jane cherish that she has "no right to conceive"?
(a) That she will be allowed to take leave of Thornfield.
(b) That her position as governess will continue.
(c) That Mr. Rochester's marriage to Blanche Ingram is off.
(d) That she has inherited money from a relative.
3. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She scolds her.
(b) She kisses her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She slaps her.
4. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A discoloured and savage face.
(b) A smooth and pleasing face.
(c) A tan and haughty face.
(d) A pale and old face.
5. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is not good or original.
(b) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(c) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(d) Because she is unattractive and poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
2. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
4. What is the name of Mr. Rochester's dog?
5. When Mr. Rochester greets Jane upon her return from Thornfield and asks if she can make him handsome, she tells him that _______has power beyond beauty.
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)