|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of face does Jane tell Mr. Rochester the person in the closet had when she looked in the mirror?
(a) A pale and old face.
(b) A smooth and pleasing face.
(c) A discoloured and savage face.
(d) A tan and haughty face.
2. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(b) Calm, yes. And happy.
(c) Calm, no. But happy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
3. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(b) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
4. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is unattractive and poor.
(b) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(c) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(d) Because she is not good or original.
5. Who tells Mr. Eshton that Jane "looks too stupid for any game of the sort"?
(a) Mrs. Dent.
(d) Colonel Dent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane regarding his appearance?
2. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
3. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask to see of Jane's during their first tea-time?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)