|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After supper on the night before they are to be married, how does Mr. Rochester respond when Jane asks him if he feels calm and happy?
(a) Calm, yes. And happy.
(b) Calm, no. And unhappy.
(c) Calm, no. But happy.
(d) Calm, yes. But unhappy.
2. How does Miss Temple respond to Jane's defense of her character in light of Mr. Brocklehurst's accusation?
(a) She scolds her.
(b) She slaps her.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She kisses her.
3. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
4. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
(c) Mr. Rochester.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
5. According to Mr. Brocklehurst, Miss Temple NOT should not accustom the girls to what?
(a) Habits of luxury and indulgence.
(b) Habits of pleasure and moderation.
(c) Habits of obedience and servitude.
(d) Habits of poverty and frugality.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
2. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
3. Jane puts on what gift from Miss Temple for her first tea-time with Mr. Rochester?
4. Who is the newcomer who arrives from England whom the ladies call a "beautiful man"?
5. The night before they are to be married, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that earlier that morning she had seen whom in her closet where her wedding gown and veil are hung?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)