|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she returns to Gateshead from Thornfield, Jane tells Mr. Rochester that "wherever you are is my _________"?
2. When Mr. Rochester gives Adele her gift, he tells Jane that he is not fond of what?
(a) The dishonesty of servants.
(b) The moodiness of children.
(c) The prattle of children.
(d) The absence of adults.
3. According to Jane, why is Blanche "too inferior" to excite jealousy?
(a) Because she is not good or original.
(b) Because she is too pretty and worldly.
(c) Because she is too intelligent and kind.
(d) Because she is unattractive and poor.
4. How long does Jane stay at Gateshead before returning to Thornfield?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
5. After Mrs. Reed's funeral, where does Eliza tell Jane she is taking up residence?
(a) A Spanish hospital.
(b) A French convent.
(c) An English estate.
(d) An Italian school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what game is Jane ignorant that the party proposes to play?
2. As she comforts Jane after Mr. Brocklehurst leaves, Helen tells her, "If all the world ________ you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience ________ you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without __________."
3. Whom does Blanche treat with coldness and acrimony?
4. What does Mr. Brocklehurst accuse Jane of being after making her sit on a stool in front of the class?
5. As Jane watches the group perform, she states to the reader that she could not _____Mr. Rochester merely because he has ceased to notice her.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)