|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That he has left her for another woman.
(b) That she has married someone else.
(c) That she has betrayed him.
(d) That she jas married him.
3. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
4. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tiger.
5. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Mary Ingram.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
3. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
4. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
5. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)