|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(b) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(c) Because it is on fire.
(d) Because Adele is ill.
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like a little boy.
(b) Like an automaton.
(c) Like a friend.
(d) Like a passionate lover.
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfaix.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
5. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That she has married someone else.
(c) That she jas married him.
(d) That he has left her for another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
3. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
4. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
5. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)