|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(b) Mary Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
2. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like a little boy.
(b) Like a passionate lover.
(c) Like an automaton.
(d) Like a friend.
3. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To Gateshead.
(b) To her family.
(c) To Mr. Rochester.
(d) To marriage.
4. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) A Greek dress maker.
(b) A German singer.
(c) A French opera dancer.
(d) An Italian actress.
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Leave him.
(d) Bed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
4. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
5. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)