|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To marriage.
(b) To Gateshead.
(c) To her family.
(d) To Mr. Rochester.
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. Who is Adele's mother?
(a) An Italian actress.
(b) A Greek dress maker.
(c) A German singer.
(d) A French opera dancer.
4. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Leave him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Bed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
3. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
4. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
5. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)