|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Grace Poole.
2. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
3. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
4. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
5. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A bird.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
2. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
4. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
5. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)