|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A bird.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A cat.
2. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like a friend.
(b) Like a passionate lover.
(c) Like a little boy.
(d) Like an automaton.
3. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(b) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(c) Because Adele is ill.
(d) Because it is on fire.
4. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That lightning has split it in two.
(b) That someone has cut it down.
(c) That someone has carved its trunk.
(d) That a fire has burned it down.
5. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
4. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
5. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)