|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Three and five.
(b) Thirteen and three.
(c) Three and three.
(d) Three and none.
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A tiger.
4. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
5. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(b) Mary Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
2. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
3. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
4. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
5. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)