|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Three and five.
(b) Thirteen and three.
(c) Three and none.
(d) Three and three.
2. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(c) Mary Ingram.
(d) Mrs. Eshton.
3. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To her family.
(b) To marriage.
(c) To Gateshead.
(d) To Mr. Rochester.
4. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
5. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adele's mother?
2. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
4. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
5. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)