|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To marriage.
(b) To Gateshead.
(c) To her family.
(d) To Mr. Rochester.
2. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A cat.
3. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Three and none.
(b) Three and five.
(c) Three and three.
(d) Thirteen and three.
4. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
5. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Blanche Ingram.
(b) Mary Ingram.
(c) Mrs. Eshton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
4. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
5. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)