|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like an automaton.
(b) Like a little boy.
(c) Like a passionate lover.
(d) Like a friend.
2. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
4. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(c) Mrs. Fairfax.
(d) Grace Poole.
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(b) Because it is on fire.
(c) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(d) Because Adele is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
3. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
4. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
5. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)