|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
2. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To Mr. Rochester.
(b) To her family.
(c) To Gateshead.
(d) To marriage.
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Grace Poole.
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(b) Mrs. Fairfaix.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
5. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like an automaton.
(b) Like a passionate lover.
(c) Like a little boy.
(d) Like a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
2. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
5. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)