|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That someone has cut it down.
(b) That someone has carved its trunk.
(c) That a fire has burned it down.
(d) That lightning has split it in two.
2. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
3. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
(a) Three and three.
(b) Three and none.
(c) Three and five.
(d) Thirteen and three.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Bed him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Leave him.
5. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A bird.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
2. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
5. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)