|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(b) Adhere to principle.
(c) Surrender to passion.
3. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(c) Mrs. Fairfaix.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
5. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That she jas married him.
(c) That he has left her for another woman.
(d) That she has married someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
2. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
3. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
4. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
5. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)