|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
2. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like a friend.
(b) Like an automaton.
(c) Like a passionate lover.
(d) Like a little boy.
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A cat.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A bird.
4. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Mrs. Eshton.
(b) Mary Ingram.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
5. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To Gateshead.
(b) To Mr. Rochester.
(c) To marriage.
(d) To her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
2. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
3. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
4. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
5. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)