|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That she jas married him.
(c) That she has married someone else.
(d) That he has left her for another woman.
2. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To Gateshead.
(b) To Mr. Rochester.
(c) To her family.
(d) To marriage.
3. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Mrs. Eshton.
(c) Mary Ingram.
(d) Blanche Ingram.
4. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird.
5. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(a) Surrender to passion.
(d) Adhere to principle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
2. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
3. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
4. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
5. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)