|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
(a) Because Grace Poole has threatened her.
(b) Because it is on fire.
(c) Because Mrs. Fairfax has disappeared.
(d) Because Adele is ill.
5. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To marriage.
(b) To her family.
(c) To Gateshead.
(d) To Mr. Rochester.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
2. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
4. Who is Adele's mother?
5. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)