|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
3. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
4. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfaix.
(b) Blanche Ingram.
5. According to Jane, which is better: to surrender to passion or to adhere to principle?
(b) Adhere to principle.
(c) Surrender to passion.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
3. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
4. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
5. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)