|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That someone has carved its trunk.
(b) That a fire has burned it down.
(c) That someone has cut it down.
(d) That lightning has split it in two.
3. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
(a) Like a passionate lover.
(b) Like a little boy.
(c) Like a friend.
(d) Like an automaton.
4. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
5. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Grace Poole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
2. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
5. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)