|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
2. How does Jane describe Miss Rosamond Oliver, the heiress who greets her and St. John?
3. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Bed him.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Leave him.
5. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Grace Poole.
(b) Mrs. Fairfax.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
3. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
4. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)