|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That he has left her for another woman.
(c) That she jas married him.
(d) That she has married someone else.
2. What does Adele tell Jane about the big horse-chestnut at the bottom of the orchard?
(a) That lightning has split it in two.
(b) That someone has cut it down.
(c) That a fire has burned it down.
(d) That someone has carved its trunk.
3. To whom is Jane referring when she thinks, "I will put her to some test, such absolute impenetrability is past comprehension"?
(a) Mrs. Fairfax.
(c) Grace Poole.
4. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Bed him.
(d) Leave him.
5. Whom is Mrs. Fairfax describing to Jane that is "Tall, fine bust, sloping shoulder; long graceful neck; olive complexion, dark and clear; noble features"?
(a) Mrs. Eshton.
(b) Mary Ingram.
(c) Blanche Ingram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the twenty girls for whom Jane is responsible, how many can read and how many can write?
2. Who is Adele's mother?
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
4. How does Jane feel about being a village schoolmistress?
5. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)