|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter XXXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Rochester ask Jane to do as they listen to the nightingale?
(a) Forgive him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Bed him.
(d) Leave him.
2. What does Mr. Rochester tell Jane about Adele's mother?
(a) That she has betrayed him.
(b) That she jas married him.
(c) That she has married someone else.
(d) That he has left her for another woman.
3. Mr. Rochester compares Jane to what as she tries to free from his embrace?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A cat.
4. When Mr. Rochester suggests Jane get a position in Ireland to educate the five daughters of Mrs. Dionysius O'Gall, Jane proclaims that the sea is a barrier to what?
(a) To marriage.
(b) To Mr. Rochester.
(c) To her family.
(d) To Gateshead.
5. As Mr. Rochester and Jane discuss the prospect of her going to Ireland, what does Jane begin to do when she hears a nightingale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding the prospect of leaving, Jane tells Mr. Rochester, "I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of ______".
2. What is the name of St. John's Pointer?
3. Who is speaking when she states, "You, a favourite with Mr. Rochester...Go! your folly sickens me"?
4. How does St. John answer Miss Oliver's inquiries about coming to visit?
5. Why does Jane rush to Mr. Rochester's room after being awakened in the middle of the night by demonic laughter?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)