Discuss the setting in "Jane Eyre."
1) What is the significance of the setting to the plot?
2) What is the connection between the physical and psychological landscapes in the novel?
Discuss the significance of gender in "Jane Eyre."
1) What role does gender play in the choices Jane has?
2) How does Jane conform to and/or resist her gendered role in the novel?
3) How does Mr. Rochester conform to and/or resist his gendered role in the novel?
Discuss the importance of class in the novel.
1) How does class function in the novel?
2) How does Jane's class position shift throughout the novel?
3) What are the determining factors that make up a person's class position?
Discuss "Jane Eyre" as a Gothic novel.
1) What role does the supernatural play in the novel?
2) How does psychological terror drive the plot?
3) How does mistaken identity function?
Discuss the role of insanity in the novel...
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)