|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
Essay Topic 1
Jane is opinionated.
Part 1) About what is Jane opinionated? How do you know this? What does this reveal about her personality and upbringing?
Part 2) Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not? What might others think of her opinion? Why?
Part 3) About what are you opinionated? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Jane enjoys reading.
Part 1) Describe five of the books she has read. What might these book have in common?
Part 2) Why does Jane mention books she has read? Why is this something important for her to tell others?
Part 3) What might these books reveal about her? What do the books you read reveal about you?
Essay Topic 3
Jane attends many social gatherings.
Part 1) Describe these social gatherings. What is her opinion of the various gatherings? Why does she feel this way?
Part 2) How important are these social gatherings to Jane? Why? How have social gatherings changed over time? How are they the same?
Part 3) Describe your own social gatherings. Why do you attend them? Do you enjoy them? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)