|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
2. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
3. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
4. She reads William Cowper's __________________ and Boswell's "Life of Johnson".
5. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
Essay Topic 1
Jane is opinionated.
Part 1) About what is Jane opinionated? How do you know this? What does this reveal about her personality and upbringing?
Part 2) Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not? What might others think of her opinion? Why?
Part 3) About what are you opinionated? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Jane does not marry.
Part 1) Describe Jane's relationships with men. Why do none of these relationships lead to marriage?
Part 2) How might she feel about not marrying? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How might her life have been different if she had married? Would it have been better? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jane encounters obstacles as a writer.
Part 1) Describe Jane's works. What obstacles does she encounter? How does she handle these obstacles?
Part 2) Why do these obstacles occur? Could they have been prevented? Why or why not?
Part 3) What obstacles have you encountered in your own life? How did you deal with these obstacles?
This section contains 1,415 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)