Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
Essay Topic 1
A great deal can be learned about Jane Austen from reading these letters.
Part 1) Name four things that can be learned about Jane from reading her letters. How might she compare to other women at this time?
Part 2) How does she compare to people today? Can a reader today relate to Jane's life? Why or why not?
Part 3) What could be learned about you by reading your e-mails, instant messages, voicemails, etc.?
Essay Topic 2
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
Essay Topic 3
Jane writes many letters.
Part 1) Describe two of the letters in detail. What do they have in common? What is unique about each?
Part 2) What can be learned about Jane through these letters? What can be learned about life in the 1800s through these letters?
Part 3) How has communication between people changed since this period of time? Why?
This section contains 1,470 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)