Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
2. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
3. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
4. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
5. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
Jane encounters obstacles as a writer.
Part 1) Describe Jane's works. What obstacles does she encounter? How does she handle these obstacles?
Part 2) Why do these obstacles occur? Could they have been prevented? Why or why not?
Part 3) What obstacles have you encountered in your own life? How did you deal with these obstacles?
A great deal can be learned about Jane Austen from reading these letters.
Part 1) Name four things that can be learned about Jane from reading her letters. How might she compare to other women at this time?
Part 2) How does she compare to people today? Can a reader today relate to Jane's life? Why or why not?
Part 3) What could be learned about you by reading your e-mails, instant messages, voicemails, etc.?
Jane's letters resemble her books.
Part 1) Describe Jane's letters. How might her books resemble her letters? Use the text to support your response.
Part 2) How might reading her letters affect the reader of her books? Why? How might reading her letters be beneficial?
Part 3) If you were to write a book, about what would it be? Why?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)