|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
2. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
3. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
4. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
2. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
3. What does Jane do regarding Fanny's possible marriage?
4. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
5. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
6. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
7. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
8. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
9. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
10. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane writes many letters.
Part 1) Describe two of the letters in detail. What do they have in common? What is unique about each?
Part 2) What can be learned about Jane through these letters? What can be learned about life in the 1800s through these letters?
Part 3) How has communication between people changed since this period of time? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Jane does not marry.
Part 1) Describe Jane's relationships with men. Why do none of these relationships lead to marriage?
Part 2) How might she feel about not marrying? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How might her life have been different if she had married? Would it have been better? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jane Austen enjoys gossip.
Part 1) Describe this gossip. Why is this gossip included in many of her letters? What is her reason for telling others this gossip?
Part 2) How is this gossip like our own? How is it different?
Part 3) When have you gossiped? Why did you gossip? How does this help you relate to Jane?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)