Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
Essay Topic 1
Jane is very close to her sister Cassandra.
Part 1) Describe the correspondence between these sisters. How do you know they are very close?
Part 2) How does this relationship compare to Jane's relationships with other relatives and friends? Why are these relationships so important to Jane?
Part 3) To whom are you close? Why? How does this relationship affect your life? How does your communication with this loved one compare to Jane's communication with Cassandra?
Essay Topic 2
Jane does not marry.
Part 1) Describe Jane's relationships with men. Why do none of these relationships lead to marriage?
Part 2) How might she feel about not marrying? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How might her life have been different if she had married? Would it have been better? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Having a place in society is important to Jane.
Part 1) How do you know this? What exactly is her place in society?
Part 2) How does she impose this opinion on others? How does this need to fit in affect Jane?
Part 3) How important is fitting in today? How does it compare to Jane's time?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)