|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they plan to do this?
2. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
3. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
4. She reads William Cowper's __________________ and Boswell's "Life of Johnson".
5. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
2. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
3. What book does Jane plan to read? Why?
4. Why does Jane praise Mrs. West?
5. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
6. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
7. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
8. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
9. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
10. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane is very close to her sister Cassandra.
Part 1) Describe the correspondence between these sisters. How do you know they are very close?
Part 2) How does this relationship compare to Jane's relationships with other relatives and friends? Why are these relationships so important to Jane?
Part 3) To whom are you close? Why? How does this relationship affect your life? How does your communication with this loved one compare to Jane's communication with Cassandra?
Essay Topic 2
Having a place in society is important to Jane.
Part 1) How do you know this? What exactly is her place in society?
Part 2) How does she impose this opinion on others? How does this need to fit in affect Jane?
Part 3) How important is fitting in today? How does it compare to Jane's time?
Essay Topic 3
Jane enjoys reading.
Part 1) Describe five of the books she has read. What might these book have in common?
Part 2) Why does Jane mention books she has read? Why is this something important for her to tell others?
Part 3) What might these books reveal about her? What do the books you read reveal about you?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)