Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
Essay Topic 1
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
Essay Topic 2
Jane often talks about illness and the health of those around her.
Part 1) Describe four times when she has discussed someone's health. Why does she discuss this in her letters?
Part 2) What do these discussions reveal about life in the 1800s? Why is Jane so preoccupied with everyone's health?
Part 3) Do you discuss your health or the health of others on a regular basis? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jane enjoys reading.
Part 1) Describe five of the books she has read. What might these book have in common?
Part 2) Why does Jane mention books she has read? Why is this something important for her to tell others?
Part 3) What might these books reveal about her? What do the books you read reveal about you?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)