|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
2. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
4. Jane writes to Anna saying that her eyes are weak and it is well that they did not weaken sooner or she could not have assisted in making what?
5. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
2. How is Henry feeling at this point?
3. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
4. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
5. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
6. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
7. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
8. What does Jane do regarding Fanny's possible marriage?
9. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
10. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane gives advice to other female writers.
Part 1) What advice does she give? Why does she give advice? What is your opinion of this advice?
Part 2) How else is Jane opinionated? What do her opinions reveal about her personality?
Part 3) About what are you opinionated? What does this reveal about your personality?
Essay Topic 2
Jane does not marry.
Part 1) Describe Jane's relationships with men. Why do none of these relationships lead to marriage?
Part 2) How might she feel about not marrying? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How might her life have been different if she had married? Would it have been better? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jane travels a great deal.
Part 1) Describe the places she travels. How does she come by these opportunities to travel?
Part 2) What do these trips reveal about her family's social status? What do they also reveal about Jane?
Part 3) On what vacations and trips have you been? What did you think about traveling? How does this compare to Jane's experiences?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)