|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
2. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
3. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
4. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
5. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane travels a great deal.
Part 1) Describe the places she travels. How does she come by these opportunities to travel?
Part 2) What do these trips reveal about her family's social status? What do they also reveal about Jane?
Part 3) On what vacations and trips have you been? What did you think about traveling? How does this compare to Jane's experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Jane sends copies of her book to various individuals.
Part 1) To whom does she send copies of her books? Why does she do this? How does she benefit from this?
Part 2) What are the opinions of Jane's books? Why do you believe people feel this way about her books?
Part 3) To whom would you send a book you had written? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jane attends many social gatherings.
Part 1) Describe these social gatherings. What is her opinion of the various gatherings? Why does she feel this way?
Part 2) How important are these social gatherings to Jane? Why? How have social gatherings changed over time? How are they the same?
Part 3) Describe your own social gatherings. Why do you attend them? Do you enjoy them? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,426 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)