|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
2. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
3. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
4. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
5. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
2. What does Jane say about Southampton?
3. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
4. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
5. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
6. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
7. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
8. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
9. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
10. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
Essay Topic 1
Jane attends many social gatherings.
Part 1) Describe these social gatherings. What is her opinion of the various gatherings? Why does she feel this way?
Part 2) How important are these social gatherings to Jane? Why? How have social gatherings changed over time? How are they the same?
Part 3) Describe your own social gatherings. Why do you attend them? Do you enjoy them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
Essay Topic 3
Jane is very close to her sister Cassandra.
Part 1) Describe the correspondence between these sisters. How do you know they are very close?
Part 2) How does this relationship compare to Jane's relationships with other relatives and friends? Why are these relationships so important to Jane?
Part 3) To whom are you close? Why? How does this relationship affect your life? How does your communication with this loved one compare to Jane's communication with Cassandra?
This section contains 1,891 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)