Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
2. What news does Jane have of Tom?
3. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
4. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
5. What does Jane say about her illness?
6. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
9. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
Family is important to Jane.
Part 1) Describe Jane's family. How is each member important? Who is the most important? Why?
Part 2) How is this a theme of Jane's letters? Could it be a theme of her novels as well? Why or why not?
Part 3) Is family important to you? Why or why not?
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
Jane encounters obstacles as a writer.
Part 1) Describe Jane's works. What obstacles does she encounter? How does she handle these obstacles?
Part 2) Why do these obstacles occur? Could they have been prevented? Why or why not?
Part 3) What obstacles have you encountered in your own life? How did you deal with these obstacles?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)