Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
2. What news does Jane have of Tom?
3. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
4. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
5. What does Jane say about her illness?
6. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
9. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
Essay Topic 1
Jane Austen enjoys gossip.
Part 1) Describe this gossip. Why is this gossip included in many of her letters? What is her reason for telling others this gossip?
Part 2) How is this gossip like our own? How is it different?
Part 3) When have you gossiped? Why did you gossip? How does this help you relate to Jane?
Essay Topic 2
Jane's letters resemble her books.
Part 1) Describe Jane's letters. How might her books resemble her letters? Use the text to support your response.
Part 2) How might reading her letters affect the reader of her books? Why? How might reading her letters be beneficial?
Part 3) If you were to write a book, about what would it be? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jane enjoys reading.
Part 1) Describe five of the books she has read. What might these book have in common?
Part 2) Why does Jane mention books she has read? Why is this something important for her to tell others?
Part 3) What might these books reveal about her? What do the books you read reveal about you?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)