|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
2. What news does Jane have of Tom?
3. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
4. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
5. What does Jane say about her illness?
6. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
9. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
Essay Topic 1
Jane gives advice to other female writers.
Part 1) What advice does she give? Why does she give advice? What is your opinion of this advice?
Part 2) How else is Jane opinionated? What do her opinions reveal about her personality?
Part 3) About what are you opinionated? What does this reveal about your personality?
Essay Topic 2
Jane is very close to her sister Cassandra.
Part 1) Describe the correspondence between these sisters. How do you know they are very close?
Part 2) How does this relationship compare to Jane's relationships with other relatives and friends? Why are these relationships so important to Jane?
Part 3) To whom are you close? Why? How does this relationship affect your life? How does your communication with this loved one compare to Jane's communication with Cassandra?
Essay Topic 3
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
This section contains 1,996 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)