|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
2. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
3. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
4. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
5. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
2. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
3. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
4. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
5. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
6. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
7. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
8. Describe Jane's trip to Paragon.
9. What health news does Jane give in her letter?
10. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane is opinionated.
Part 1) About what is Jane opinionated? How do you know this? What does this reveal about her personality and upbringing?
Part 2) Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not? What might others think of her opinion? Why?
Part 3) About what are you opinionated? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Jane writes many letters.
Part 1) Describe two of the letters in detail. What do they have in common? What is unique about each?
Part 2) What can be learned about Jane through these letters? What can be learned about life in the 1800s through these letters?
Part 3) How has communication between people changed since this period of time? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Jane sends copies of her book to various individuals.
Part 1) To whom does she send copies of her books? Why does she do this? How does she benefit from this?
Part 2) What are the opinions of Jane's books? Why do you believe people feel this way about her books?
Part 3) To whom would you send a book you had written? Why?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)