Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
2. What news does Jane have of Tom?
3. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
4. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
5. What does Jane say about her illness?
6. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
9. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
Jane is a successful author.
Part 1) What novels are described in her letters? What does she say about her work? What are the opinions of others?
Part 2) How might her life and the books she reads influence her writing? How has this helped her to become a successful writer?
Part 3) What did Jane do to promote her novels? How did this affect her popularity as a writer?
Jane travels a great deal.
Part 1) Describe the places she travels. How does she come by these opportunities to travel?
Part 2) What do these trips reveal about her family's social status? What do they also reveal about Jane?
Part 3) On what vacations and trips have you been? What did you think about traveling? How does this compare to Jane's experiences?
Jane attends many social gatherings.
Part 1) Describe these social gatherings. What is her opinion of the various gatherings? Why does she feel this way?
Part 2) How important are these social gatherings to Jane? Why? How have social gatherings changed over time? How are they the same?
Part 3) Describe your own social gatherings. Why do you attend them? Do you enjoy them? Why or why not?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)