Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
2. What news does Jane have of Tom?
3. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
4. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
5. What does Jane say about her illness?
6. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
9. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
Essay Topic 1
Jane's letters often have similar themes.
Part 1) What are three of these themes that are found in most of her letters. How are they themes?
Part 2) How can you relate to these themes? How might these themes also be found in her books?
Part 3) Are these themes important today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Jane attends many social gatherings.
Part 1) Describe these social gatherings. What is her opinion of the various gatherings? Why does she feel this way?
Part 2) How important are these social gatherings to Jane? Why? How have social gatherings changed over time? How are they the same?
Part 3) Describe your own social gatherings. Why do you attend them? Do you enjoy them? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Jane is opinionated.
Part 1) About what is Jane opinionated? How do you know this? What does this reveal about her personality and upbringing?
Part 2) Do you agree with her opinions? Why or why not? What might others think of her opinion? Why?
Part 3) About what are you opinionated? Why?
This section contains 1,996 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)