|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
2. Who is dangerously ill?
3. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
5. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jane have of Tom?
2. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
3. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
4. Describe Jane's trip to Paragon.
5. Who dies in this section?
6. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
7. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
8. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
9. What is offered to James? What will he do with some of this?
10. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane's letters resemble her books.
Part 1) Describe Jane's letters. How might her books resemble her letters? Use the text to support your response.
Part 2) How might reading her letters affect the reader of her books? Why? How might reading her letters be beneficial?
Part 3) If you were to write a book, about what would it be? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Jane enjoys reading.
Part 1) Describe five of the books she has read. What might these book have in common?
Part 2) Why does Jane mention books she has read? Why is this something important for her to tell others?
Part 3) What might these books reveal about her? What do the books you read reveal about you?
Essay Topic 3
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)