|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
2. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
3. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
4. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
5. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Jane's trip to Paragon.
2. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
3. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
4. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
5. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
6. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
7. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
8. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
9. What is Jane's opinion regarding her brother's health? What does the apothecary say about Edward?
10. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jane is very close to her sister Cassandra.
Part 1) Describe the correspondence between these sisters. How do you know they are very close?
Part 2) How does this relationship compare to Jane's relationships with other relatives and friends? Why are these relationships so important to Jane?
Part 3) To whom are you close? Why? How does this relationship affect your life? How does your communication with this loved one compare to Jane's communication with Cassandra?
Essay Topic 2
Jane lives in Bath for awhile.
Part 1) Why does she move to Bath? What does she think about Bath? Why?
Part 2) Where else does she live and visit? How do these various places compare? What does she think about her travels? Why?
Part 3) Where have you lived? How does this place or these places affect you?
Essay Topic 3
Jane enjoys reading.
Part 1) Describe five of the books she has read. What might these book have in common?
Part 2) Why does Jane mention books she has read? Why is this something important for her to tell others?
Part 3) What might these books reveal about her? What do the books you read reveal about you?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)