|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
(a) He is not wealthy enough for her niece.
(b) He is poor and rude.
(c) He is not "enough in love" with her niece.
(d) He is unkind.
2. Jane writes to Anna saying that her eyes are weak and it is well that they did not weaken sooner or she could not have assisted in making what?
(a) Clothes for the "bride expectant."
(b) Clothes for her brothers.
(c) Her new hat.
(d) A dress for Anna.
3. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Old stories.
4. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
5. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
(a) She enjoyed his previous book.
(b) Frank is mentioned in it.
(c) She has heard this book is good.
(d) He asked her to read it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
2. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
3. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
4. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
5. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
2. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
3. What book does Jane plan to read? Why?
4. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
5. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
6. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
7. What does Jane tell Caroline in a letter?
8. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
9. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)