|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(b) Sir James Rowland's.
(c) Sir Jacob Riley.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
2. Jane threatens to write an imitation of what in retaliation?
(b) Mismatched Marriage.
(c) Pride, Prejudice, and Prosperity.
3. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Aunt Jane.
(b) Mrs. Austen.
(c) Aunt Cassandra.
4. Jane writes to Caroline Austen, praising what?
(a) The details in her stories.
(b) Her speed in producing stories.
(c) Her comic writing.
(d) Her exciting plots.
5. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
(a) Mr. Lushington.
(b) Mr. Lexington.
(c) Mr. Livingston.
(d) Mr. Longston.
Short Answer Questions
1. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
2. Jane spends a comfortable hour where?
3. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
4. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
5. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
2. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
3. What makes Jane happy, regarding her novels?
4. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
5. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
6. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
7. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
8. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
9. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
10. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)