|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
(a) Miss Sullivan.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Sharpe.
(d) Miss Sichenze.
2. Jane writes to Caroline Austen, praising what?
(a) The details in her stories.
(b) Her speed in producing stories.
(c) Her exciting plots.
(d) Her comic writing.
3. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
(a) Ask for a copy of her book.
(b) Ask her to dance at a ball.
(c) Speak to her about publishing one of her books.
(d) Make his offer.
4. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
(a) Mary Jane is returning home so soon.
(b) Cassy has not arrived yet.
(c) She does not miss Cassy as much as she expected she would.
(d) She does not miss writing.
5. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
(a) Miss Babcock.
(b) Miss Bordeaux.
(c) Miss Burdett.
(d) Miss Bennett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
2. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
3. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
4. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
5. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)