|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
(a) The acting.
(b) The set.
(c) The script.
(d) The lighting.
2. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
(a) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" is not mentioned.
(b) That no one else reviewed it.
(c) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" did not have such a favorable review.
(d) That is was so short.
3. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(a) Speech writer.
(d) Head publicist.
4. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Radcliffe.
(b) The Evelyn.
(c) The Goldsmith.
(d) The Pepys.
5. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
2. Little Harriet is ill and the doctor states that she has what?
3. Jane answers Anna's specific questions regarding the accuracy and title of the manuscript, and she suggests that Anna omit the postscript because of what reason?
4. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
5. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)