|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
(d) Given more dialogue.
2. Little Harriet is ill and the doctor states that she has what?
(a) Water on the brain.
(c) A fever.
3. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
(b) Marry now.
(d) Stay married.
4. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
(b) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(c) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(d) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
5. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Give Henry medication.
(b) Deliver Henry's medication.
(c) Examine Henry.
(d) Bleed Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
2. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
3. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
4. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
5. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
2. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
3. What makes Jane happy, regarding her novels?
4. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
5. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
6. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
7. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
8. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
9. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
10. How is Henry feeling at this point?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)