|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
(a) At seven in the morning.
(b) At seven in the evening.
(c) At six in the evening.
(d) At six in the morning.
2. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(b) Sir John Raymer.
(c) Sir James Rowland's.
(d) Sir Jacob Riley.
3. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Scotland.
4. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
(b) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(c) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(d) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
5. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
(a) The Bible.
(d) Old stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
2. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
3. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
4. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
5. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
2. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
3. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
4. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
5. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
6. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
7. What does Jane do regarding Fanny's possible marriage?
8. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
9. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
10. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)