|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
(a) The Cookes.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Williams.
(d) The Thomas.
2. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
(c) Write without interruption.
(d) Avoid many visits that she did not plan to enjoy.
3. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) Four hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred and fifty.
(c) Three hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
4. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(b) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
(c) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(d) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
5. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
(a) Miss Sullivan.
(b) Miss Sichenze.
(c) Miss Smith.
(d) Miss Sharpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
2. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
3. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
4. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
5. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
2. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
3. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
4. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
5. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
6. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
7. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
8. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
9. How is Henry feeling at this point?
10. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)