|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
(a) Take care of Jane's piano forte.
(c) Find a husband.
(d) Not forget her writing.
2. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
(a) His wife divorced him.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His wife arrived.
(d) His wife called.
3. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
(a) Marry now.
(d) Stay married.
4. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
(a) No, never.
(b) No, not in its complete form.
(d) Yes, but only after her death.
5. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Not musically inclined.
(b) Poor writers.
(d) Poor actors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
2. John Murray advises Jane of what?
3. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
4. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
5. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
2. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
3. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
4. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
5. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
6. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
7. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
8. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
9. What does Jane say about her journey?
10. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)