|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(a) Her mercantile business.
2. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
(a) She does not want to visit.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She is ill.
(d) The weather is poor.
3. John Murray advises Jane of what?
(a) The proper place to situate a dedication in a book.
(b) The amount she owes him.
(c) A book signing he scheduled.
(d) The manuscript that is due.
4. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
(a) Not forget her writing.
(b) Take care of Jane's piano forte.
(d) Find a husband.
5. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
(a) Two hundred fifty.
(b) Four hundred fifty.
(c) One hundred fifty.
(d) Three hundred fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
2. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
3. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
4. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
5. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)