|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Murray advises Jane of what?
(a) The amount she owes him.
(b) A book signing he scheduled.
(c) The proper place to situate a dedication in a book.
(d) The manuscript that is due.
2. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Deliver Henry's medication.
(b) Give Henry medication.
(c) Examine Henry.
(d) Bleed Henry.
3. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
(a) In love.
(b) Getting married.
4. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
(b) Marry now.
(c) Stay married.
5. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
(a) Form a musical group.
(c) Throw a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
2. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
3. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
4. Jane praises Anna's manuscript, comparing it to Burney's ____________.
5. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
2. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
3. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
4. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
5. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
6. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
7. What does Jane do regarding Fanny's possible marriage?
8. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
9. What does Jane say about her journey?
10. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)