|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Frank Austen.
(b) Edward Knight.
(c) Henry Austen.
(d) Cassandra Austen.
2. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
(b) Find a husband.
(c) Take care of Jane's piano forte.
(d) Not forget her writing.
3. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(b) Head publicist.
(c) Speech writer.
4. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mansfield Park.
5. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
(a) Mr. Lushington.
(b) Mr. Lexington.
(c) Mr. Livingston.
(d) Mr. Longston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
2. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
3. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
4. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
2. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
3. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
4. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
5. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
6. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
7. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
8. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
9. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
10. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)