|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He is old.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) The wedding would be far off.
(d) He is poor.
2. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Four hundred and fifty.
(d) Three hundred and fifty.
3. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir James Rowland's.
(b) Sir Jacob Riley.
(c) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
4. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
(a) Mary Jane is returning home so soon.
(b) She does not miss Cassy as much as she expected she would.
(c) Cassy has not arrived yet.
(d) She does not miss writing.
5. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She does not want to visit.
(d) The weather is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
2. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
3. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
4. Jane writes to Fanny Knight praising her what?
5. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
2. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
3. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
4. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
5. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
6. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
7. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
8. What does Jane tell Caroline in a letter?
9. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
10. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)