|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
2. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Geophrey House.
(b) At Gryffindor House.
(c) At Gaynor House.
(d) At Grafton House.
3. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Goldsmith.
(b) The Radcliffe.
(c) The Evelyn.
(d) The Pepys.
4. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He is poor.
(c) He is old.
(d) The wedding would be far off.
5. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir James Rowland's.
(b) Sir Jacob Riley.
(c) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
2. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
3. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
4. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
5. Why does Jane lament Fanny's pending marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
2. What book does Jane plan to read? Why?
3. Why does Jane praise Mrs. West?
4. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
5. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
6. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
7. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
8. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
9. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
10. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)