|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
(b) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(d) The first printing of "Persuasion."
2. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
(a) Send him a copy of "Emma."
(b) Have "Emma" published.
(c) Dedicate "Emma" to the prince regent.
(d) Write another novel.
3. Jane does not want Henry to take her to town but admits that she cannot say "no" if he offers. Why?
(a) Because he would be upset if she said no.
(b) Because he rarely offers her anything.
(c) Because she would not want to hurt his feelings.
(d) Because it is a thoughtful offer.
4. Jane is unable to do what while Cassandra is gone?
5. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
(a) His wife arrived.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His wife called.
(d) His wife divorced him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
2. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
3. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
4. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
5. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
2. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
3. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
4. How is Henry feeling at this point?
5. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
6. Describe Jane's trip with Henry to Chawton.
7. What book does Jane plan to read? Why?
8. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
9. Why does Jane praise Mrs. West?
10. What does Jane tell Caroline in a letter?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)