|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
(a) His wife called.
(b) His wife died.
(c) His wife arrived.
(d) His wife divorced him.
2. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
(a) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" is not mentioned.
(b) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" did not have such a favorable review.
(c) That is was so short.
(d) That no one else reviewed it.
3. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Poor actors.
(b) Poor writers.
(d) Not musically inclined.
4. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(c) Speech writer.
(d) Head publicist.
5. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
(a) Ask her to dance at a ball.
(b) Ask for a copy of her book.
(c) Make his offer.
(d) Speak to her about publishing one of her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
2. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
3. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
4. Jane spends most of her time _________________ and anxiously awaiting Edward's arrival next Tuesday.
5. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
2. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
3. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
4. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
5. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
6. What does Jane tell John Murray, in reference to her books?
7. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
8. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
9. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
10. What does Jane do regarding Fanny's possible marriage?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)