|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Pepys.
(b) The Goldsmith.
(c) The Radcliffe.
(d) The Evelyn.
2. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
(a) The kind daughters.
(b) The mean daughters.
(c) The plain daughters.
(d) The beautiful daughters.
3. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
4. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(b) Female portraits.
(c) Still lifes.
5. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
(a) Her marriage to Mr. Creed.
(b) Her comment about "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Her behavior at the last ball.
(d) Her disapprobation of "Mansfield Park."
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
2. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
3. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
4. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
5. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What book does Jane plan to read? Why?
2. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
3. What does Fanny Knight do regarding Jane's book? What does Jane decide to tell Anna?
4. What makes Jane happy, regarding her novels?
5. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
6. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
7. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
8. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
9. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
10. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)