|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Grafton House.
(b) At Gryffindor House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Gaynor House.
2. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
(a) He is poor and rude.
(b) He is unkind.
(c) He is not wealthy enough for her niece.
(d) He is not "enough in love" with her niece.
3. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
(b) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
(c) Because of all of the acting.
(d) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
4. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
(b) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(c) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(d) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
5. Why does Jane lament Fanny's pending marriage?
(a) Because she does not care for Fanny's fiance.
(b) Because the single life suits Fanny.
(c) Because Fanny will no longer write to her.
(d) Because Fanny does not love her fiance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
2. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
3. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
4. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
5. John Murray advises Jane of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about her journey?
2. What does Jane do regarding Anna's manuscript?
3. What book does Jane plan to read? Why?
4. What does Jane have to say about Anna's book?
5. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
6. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
7. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
8. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
9. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
10. What does Jane write to Caroline Austen?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)