|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
(a) She is too busy.
(b) The weather is poor.
(c) She does not want to visit.
(d) She is ill.
2. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Northanger Abbey.
3. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He is old.
(c) The wedding would be far off.
(d) He does not love her.
4. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
(a) The Cookes.
(b) The Thomas.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Williams.
5. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
(a) The kind daughters.
(b) The beautiful daughters.
(c) The plain daughters.
(d) The mean daughters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
2. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
3. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
4. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
5. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)