|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
(a) Her comment about "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Her behavior at the last ball.
(c) Her disapprobation of "Mansfield Park."
(d) Her marriage to Mr. Creed.
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(b) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(c) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
(d) The Exhibition at London Tower.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
(a) It is a code developed between Cassandra-Esten and Jane.
(b) She is trying to trick Cassandra-Esten.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She is dyslexic.
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
(a) He asked her to read it.
(b) She has heard this book is good.
(c) She enjoyed his previous book.
(d) Frank is mentioned in it.
5. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Gryffindor House.
(b) At Gaynor House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Grafton House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
2. Why does Jane lament Fanny's pending marriage?
3. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
4. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
5. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)