|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is thrilled that Cassandra plans to do what?
(a) Return home soon.
(b) Move to London.
(c) Attend a ball.
(d) Get married.
2. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Endocrine.'
(c) The 'Edmondson.'
(d) The 'Edward.'
3. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In England.
(b) In America.
(c) In France.
(d) In Germany.
4. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a play.
(c) In a ballet.
(d) In an opera.
5. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One thousand ten pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) One hundred ten pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
2. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
3. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
4. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
5. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
2. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
3. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
4. What does Jane say about Southampton?
5. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
6. What is offered to James? What will he do with some of this?
7. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
8. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
9. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
10. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)