|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
2. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Fell down the stairs.
(b) Poisoned himself.
(c) Fell off his horse.
(d) Shot himself in the thigh.
3. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(b) They are too large and crowded.
(c) They are dull and boring.
(d) They are too pretentious.
4. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(c) Ate something disagreeable.
(d) Was bitten by an insect.
5. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Extraordinary things.
(c) Too little.
(d) Too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
2. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
3. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
4. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
5. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane receive from Cassandra? How do Jane and her father feel about this?
2. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
3. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
4. How does Jane's first letter begin?
5. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
6. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
7. What news does Jane have of Tom?
8. Who dies in this section?
9. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
10. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)