|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
2. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Misanthrope.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(c) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
3. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The horse.
(b) The bird.
(c) The cat.
(d) The dog.
4. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Jane has no friends.
(b) Jane's room is small.
(c) Jane must share a bed.
(d) Cassandra is not there.
5. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Singing abilities.
(b) Acting abilities.
(c) Writing abilities.
(d) Speaking abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
2. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
3. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
4. Jane congratulates Frank on what?
5. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
2. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
3. How does Jane's first letter begin?
4. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
5. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
6. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
7. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
8. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
9. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
10. What is offered to James? What will he do with some of this?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)