|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her art work.
2. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Acting abilities.
(b) Speaking abilities.
(c) Writing abilities.
(d) Singing abilities.
3. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Carpentry shop.
4. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has just received a new piano forte.
(b) She is tired of writing.
(c) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(d) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
5. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She misses Cassandra.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
2. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
3. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
4. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
5. Who is dangerously ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
2. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
3. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
4. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
5. How does Jane feel about Mr. Holder?
6. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
7. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
8. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
9. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
10. What is offered to James? What will he do with some of this?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)