|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A wonderful horseman.
(b) A great friend.
(c) A help around the house.
(d) A useful "man of letters".
2. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
(a) Not comfortable.
3. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her books.
(c) Her art work.
(d) Her shoes.
4. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) His teacher certification.
(b) The GED.
(c) The bar.
(d) His medical license.
5. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
2. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
3. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
4. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
5. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
2. Who dies in this section?
3. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
4. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
5. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
6. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
7. What does Jane say about Southampton?
8. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
9. How does Jane feel about Mr. Holder?
10. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)