|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her art work.
2. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The dog.
(b) The horse.
(c) The bird.
(d) The cat.
3. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Jane's room is small.
(b) Jane must share a bed.
(c) Cassandra is not there.
(d) Jane has no friends.
4. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In White Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
5. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Sense and Sensibility.
(d) Mansfield Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
4. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane's first letter begin?
2. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
3. What is offered to James? What will he do with some of this?
4. What news does Jane have of Tom?
5. What does Jane say about Southampton?
6. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
7. What does Jane receive from Cassandra? How do Jane and her father feel about this?
8. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
9. What is Jane's opinion regarding her brother's health? What does the apothecary say about Edward?
10. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)