|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Queen.'
(b) The 'Witch.'
(c) The 'Cleopatra.'
(d) The 'Goddess.'
2. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(c) Matrimonial views.
3. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own suite.
(b) Her own horse.
(c) Her own bathroom.
(d) Her own room.
4. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
5. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Malade imaginaire.
(c) Le Misanthrope.
(d) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
2. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
3. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
5. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
2. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
3. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
4. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
5. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
6. What news does Jane have of Tom?
7. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
8. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
9. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
10. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)