|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is thrilled that Cassandra plans to do what?
(a) Get married.
(b) Return home soon.
(c) Move to London.
(d) Attend a ball.
2. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Find jobs.
(b) Go to university.
(c) Seek their fortunes.
(d) Join the military.
3. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
4. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
5. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Edward has already settled business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Jane plans to settle business there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
2. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
3. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
4. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
5. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
2. What does Jane tell Caroline in a letter?
3. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
4. What does Jane say about her illness?
5. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
6. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
7. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
8. What are two books Jane reads at this time?
9. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
10. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)