|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
2. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(b) A late start.
(c) A cold.
(d) Poor weather.
3. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(b) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(c) She has just received a new piano forte.
(d) She is tired of writing.
4. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
5. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(b) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
2. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
3. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
4. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
5. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is mentioned about one of Jane's novels?
2. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
3. What is Jane's opinion regarding her brother's health? What does the apothecary say about Edward?
4. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
5. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
6. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What health news does Jane give in her letter?
9. What news does Jane have of Tom?
10. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)