|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
(a) The Queen's.
(b) Mrs. Budd's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) The King's.
2. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(b) Le Misanthrope.
(c) Le Malade imaginaire.
(d) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(d) Matrimonial views.
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has written a book.
(c) She has had another child.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
2. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
3. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
4. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
5. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
2. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
3. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
4. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
5. Why is Jane determined to raise money?
6. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
7. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
8. How does Jane's first letter begin?
9. What is taking place with many of Jane's family members at this time?
10. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)