|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is in a poor mood.
2. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
3. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's brother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
4. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a ballet.
(c) In a play.
(d) In an opera.
5. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
(c) Not comfortable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
3. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
4. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
5. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
2. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
3. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
4. What is Jane's opinion regarding her brother's health? What does the apothecary say about Edward?
5. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
6. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
7. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
8. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
9. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
10. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)