|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Distant cousin.
(b) Step father.
2. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Mansfield Park."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
3. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
4. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She will become a school mistress.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She has found a new job.
(d) Her family is moving out of the country.
5. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
3. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
4. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
5. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who dies in this section?
2. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
3. What is offered to James? What will he do with some of this?
4. How does Jane's first letter begin?
5. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
6. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
7. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
8. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
9. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
10. What does Jane say about Miss Chamberlayne?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)