|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Mansfield Park."
(b) "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
2. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Blue Park Buildings.
(b) In White Park Buildings.
(c) In Red Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
3. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Staying away from home longer.
(b) Moving away from home.
(c) Coming home so soon.
(d) Getting married.
4. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her own bathroom.
(c) Her own horse.
(d) Her own suite.
5. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(b) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(c) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(d) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
2. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
3. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
4. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
5. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
2. What does Jane say about Frank, Edward, Henry, and Charles?
3. What news does Jane have of Tom?
4. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
5. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
6. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
7. What does Jane say about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing of "Merchant of Venice?"
8. What does Jane say about the Cookes?
9. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
10. What does Jane say about Southampton?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)