|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(b) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(c) She is tired of writing.
(d) She has just received a new piano forte.
2. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
(a) She had never received the ten pounds he owed her for her novel, "Susan" six years previously.
(b) She received a poorly-printed copy of her novel, "Susan."
(c) She had never heard from him regarding her novel, "Susan."
(d) She received ten pounds for the publication of her novel "Susan" six years previously, but it was never published.
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
4. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
(a) Not comfortable.
5. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The cat.
(b) The dog.
(c) The bird.
(d) The horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
2. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
3. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
4. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
5. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
Short Essay Questions
1. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
2. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
3. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
4. How does Jane's first letter begin?
5. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
6. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
7. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
8. Who dies in this section?
9. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
10. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)