|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Barnsley.
(b) Going to Bath.
(c) Going to Beckenham.
(d) Going to Berkhamsted.
2. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
3. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Too much.
(b) Too little.
(c) Extraordinary things.
4. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(c) Matrimonial views.
5. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She was ill before she left.
(b) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
2. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
3. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
4. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jane's opinion regarding her brother's health? What does the apothecary say about Edward?
2. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
3. What health news does Jane give in her letter?
4. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
5. Who dies in this section?
6. What does Jane say about Miss Chamberlayne?
7. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
8. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
9. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
10. What does Jane say about Southampton?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)