|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
2. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(b) Mrs. Matthew's.
(c) Mrs. Marcus'.
(d) Mrs. Martin's.
3. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Ate something disagreeable.
(b) Caught a virus.
(c) Was bitten by an insect.
(d) Poisoned himself intentionally.
4. Who is dangerously ill?
(b) Mrs. Austen.
(d) Mrs. Leigh.
5. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
(a) A maniac.
(b) A yoohoo.
(c) A yahoo.
(d) A moron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
2. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
3. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
4. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
5. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
2. What does Jane say about Miss Chamberlayne?
3. What does Jane say about Southampton?
4. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
5. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
6. Why do Edward and Frank leave, according to Jane? What does she wish for Cassandra?
7. Describe Jane's trip to Paragon.
8. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
9. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
10. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)