|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Matthew's.
(b) Mrs. Marcus'.
(c) Mrs. Martin's.
(d) Mrs. Martinelli's.
2. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since he will be in town.
(b) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(c) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(d) Since his health is better now.
3. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Sense and Sensibility.
4. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Green Park Buildings.
(b) In White Park Buildings.
(c) In Blue Park Buildings.
(d) In Red Park Buildings.
5. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Northanger Abbey."
(b) "Mansfield Park."
(c) "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
Short Answer Questions
1. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
2. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
3. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
4. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
5. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
2. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
3. What is Jane's opinion regarding her brother's health? What does the apothecary say about Edward?
4. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
5. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
6. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
7. What does Jane tell Cassandra about the ball with fifty people in attendance?
8. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
9. What news does Jane have of Tom?
10. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)