|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His unattractive cravats.
(b) His light-colored morning coat.
(c) His top hat.
(d) His navy blue dinner jacket.
3. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
4. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Ate something disagreeable.
(c) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(d) Was bitten by an insect.
5. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The plaid.
(b) The stripes.
(c) The fruit.
(d) The flower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
2. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
4. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
5. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
Short Essay Questions
1. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
2. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
3. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
4. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
5. What is said regarding Mr. Austen's death?
6. Why does Jane thank Cassandra in her next letter?
7. What does Jane receive from Cassandra? How do Jane and her father feel about this?
8. What does Jane say about Southampton?
9. How does Jane feel about Mr. Holder?
10. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)