|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Carpentry shop.
3. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(b) They are dull and boring.
(c) They are too large and crowded.
(d) They are too pretentious.
4. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Northanger Abbey."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
5. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(a) Mansfield Park.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Practical Piety.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jane retract this statement?
2. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
3. Jane is grieved at whose death?
4. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
5. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jane feel about writing? What does she later do with this statement?
2. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
3. What does Jane write to Fanny Knight regarding Fanny's love interest?
4. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
5. What does Jane say about her illness?
6. What does Jane say about Southampton?
7. What does Jane say about Charles? Why might she say this?
8. What correspondence takes place between Jane and James Stanier Clarke?
9. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
10. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)