|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her own suite.
(c) Her own bathroom.
(d) Her own horse.
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) Sense and Sensibility.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
3. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
(b) Not comfortable.
4. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
5. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
(a) A moron.
(b) A yahoo.
(c) A yoohoo.
(d) A maniac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
2. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
3. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
4. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
5. When does Jane retract this statement?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
2. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
3. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
4. What does Jane say about Miss Chamberlayne?
5. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
6. Describe Jane's trip to Paragon.
7. How does Jane's first letter begin?
8. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
9. What does Jane say about the events taking place in her life?
10. What does Jane write regarding Edward?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)