|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A school mistress.
(c) A governess.
(d) A maid.
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His top hat.
(b) His unattractive cravats.
(c) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(d) His light-colored morning coat.
3. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Jane plans to settle business there.
(b) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(c) Edward has already settled business there.
(d) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
4. Jane is grieved at whose death?
(a) The King's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Mrs. Budd's.
(d) The Queen's.
5. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Beckenham.
(b) Going to Berkhamsted.
(c) Going to Bath.
(d) Going to Barnsley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
3. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
4. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
5. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
2. What gossip does Jane tell Cassandra?
3. What is mentioned about one of Jane's novels?
4. What health news does Jane give in her letter?
5. How does Jane's first letter begin?
6. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
7. What news does Jane have of Tom?
8. Where are the Bullers headed? What does Jane think of this?
9. What does Jane say about Miss Chamberlayne?
10. What does Jane say about the small ball she attends?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)