|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her own suite.
(c) Her own horse.
(d) Her own bathroom.
2. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Relaxing and peaceful.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
3. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(b) Practical Piety.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mansfield Park.
4. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has come for a visit.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
5. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She has found a new job.
(b) She will become a school mistress.
(c) She is engaged.
(d) Her family is moving out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
2. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
3. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
4. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
5. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is mentioned about one of Jane's novels?
2. On what does Jane update Cassandra?
3. What are two books Jane alludes to in this section?
4. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
5. What does Jane say about Miss Chamberlayne?
6. How are the plans coming for moving to Bath?
7. What does Jane think about the secret relationship between Frank and Martha Lloyd?
8. What does Jane say about her stay with Mrs. Knight?
9. What are Mrs. Austen and Jane's plans regarding their living situation?
10. What discomfort does Jane express to Cassandra?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)