|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(b) Too poor and economical.
(c) Too dull and boring.
(d) Too shy and conventional.
2. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Matthew.
(b) Sir Thomas.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Robert.
3. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(b) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(c) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(d) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many days.
(b) Many hours.
(c) Many weeks.
(d) Many months.
5. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She misses Cassandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
2. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
3. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
4. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
5. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a play that Jane sees in this section?
2. Why does Jane offer her former admirers to Mary? How does this situation end differently than she had initially expected?
3. What is mentioned about one of Jane's novels?
4. What does Jane say about Mr. Crabbe?
5. Describe Jane's trip to Paragon.
6. What does Jane have to say about David Garrick's play?
7. What does Jane write to Anna Lefroy regarding Mrs. Creed?
8. What match does Mrs. Knight promote? What does Jane think of this?
9. What does Jane do at the end of this section? Why?
10. What does Jane say about Southampton?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)