|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
(b) Throw a ball.
(c) Form a musical group.
2. Why does Jane lament Fanny's pending marriage?
(a) Because she does not care for Fanny's fiance.
(b) Because Fanny will no longer write to her.
(c) Because the single life suits Fanny.
(d) Because Fanny does not love her fiance.
3. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
(d) North Carolina.
4. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
(a) The Smiths.
(b) The Williams.
(c) The Cookes.
(d) The Thomas.
5. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Grafton House.
(b) At Gryffindor House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Gaynor House.
6. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
7. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Aunt Jane.
(c) Mrs. Austen.
(d) Aunt Cassandra.
8. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
9. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
(a) The Bible.
(c) Old stories.
10. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
(a) Mary Jane is returning home so soon.
(b) She does not miss writing.
(c) Cassy has not arrived yet.
(d) She does not miss Cassy as much as she expected she would.
11. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
(a) Ask for a copy of her book.
(b) Make his offer.
(c) Ask her to dance at a ball.
(d) Speak to her about publishing one of her books.
12. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Mansfield Park.
13. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
(a) Army business.
(b) The weather.
(c) Family business.
(d) Naval business.
14. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
(a) A godmother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A sister.
(d) An aunt.
15. Jane writes to Fanny Knight praising her what?
Short Answer Questions
1. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
2. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
4. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
5. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)