|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Fanny Knight praising her what?
2. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
(a) Mr. Lexington.
(b) Mr. Livingston.
(c) Mr. Lushington.
(d) Mr. Longston.
3. Jane is unable to do what while Cassandra is gone?
4. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
(a) Cassandra's birthday and the performance of a new opera.
(b) Mary Jane's birthday and the date of a fair.
(c) Jane Austen's birthday and the date of a ball.
(d) Mrs. Austen's birthday.
5. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(b) Sir Jacob Riley.
(c) Sir James Rowland's.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
6. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Frank Austen.
(b) Cassandra Austen.
(c) Henry Austen.
(d) Edward Knight.
7. Jane does not want Henry to take her to town but admits that she cannot say "no" if he offers. Why?
(a) Because he would be upset if she said no.
(b) Because she would not want to hurt his feelings.
(c) Because he rarely offers her anything.
(d) Because it is a thoughtful offer.
8. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Gaynor House.
(b) At Grafton House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Gryffindor House.
9. Jane writes to Caroline Austen, praising what?
(a) Her speed in producing stories.
(b) Her exciting plots.
(c) The details in her stories.
(d) Her comic writing.
10. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
11. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
(a) No one in his family.
(b) Him but not his children.
(c) His wife.
(d) His children but not him.
12. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
(a) In his face.
(b) In his leg.
(c) In his chest.
(d) In his arm.
13. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
(a) At seven in the morning.
(b) At six in the evening.
(c) At seven in the evening.
(d) At six in the morning.
14. Jane believes that Henry will marry who soon?
(a) Miss Sharpe.
(c) His Hanwell favorite.
(d) A Duchess.
15. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
(a) Speak to her about publishing one of her books.
(b) Ask her to dance at a ball.
(c) Make his offer.
(d) Ask for a copy of her book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
2. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
3. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
5. Jane writes Charles Thomas Haden to thank him for what?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)