Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
(a) Her comment about "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Her behavior at the last ball.
(c) Her disapprobation of "Mansfield Park."
(d) Her marriage to Mr. Creed.
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(b) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(c) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
(d) The Exhibition at London Tower.
3. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
(a) It is a code developed between Cassandra-Esten and Jane.
(b) She is trying to trick Cassandra-Esten.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She is dyslexic.
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
(a) He asked her to read it.
(b) She has heard this book is good.
(c) She enjoyed his previous book.
(d) Frank is mentioned in it.
5. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Gryffindor House.
(b) At Gaynor House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Grafton House.
6. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(c) Aunt Jane.
(d) Aunt Cassandra.
7. Why does Jane lament Fanny's pending marriage?
(a) Because the single life suits Fanny.
(b) Because Fanny will no longer write to her.
(c) Because she does not care for Fanny's fiance.
(d) Because Fanny does not love her fiance.
8. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
(a) Getting married.
(b) In love.
9. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
10. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
(a) Naval business.
(b) Army business.
(c) Family business.
(d) The weather.
11. Jane spends most of her time _________________ and anxiously awaiting Edward's arrival next Tuesday.
(a) Practicing her music.
(b) Working or reading.
12. Jane writes to Anna saying that her eyes are weak and it is well that they did not weaken sooner or she could not have assisted in making what?
(a) Clothes for the "bride expectant."
(b) Clothes for her brothers.
(c) A dress for Anna.
(d) Her new hat.
13. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) His mother.
(b) The prince regent.
(c) The king.
(d) John Murray.
14. Jane answers Anna's specific questions regarding the accuracy and title of the manuscript, and she suggests that Anna omit the postscript because of what reason?
(a) It is ridiculous.
(b) It appears to imitate "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) It appears to imitate "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) It does not make sense.
15. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
(a) His acceptance into Cambridge.
(b) His daughter's birth.
(c) His marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Caroline Austen, praising what?
2. Jane believes that Henry will marry who soon?
3. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
4. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
5. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)