|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
(a) The beautiful daughters.
(b) The kind daughters.
(c) The plain daughters.
(d) The mean daughters.
2. She is convinced that Mr. Papillon will soon do what?
(a) Ask for a copy of her book.
(b) Speak to her about publishing one of her books.
(c) Ask her to dance at a ball.
(d) Make his offer.
3. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
(b) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(c) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
(d) The second printing of "Persuasion."
4. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
(a) The lighting.
(b) The acting.
(c) The script.
(d) The set.
5. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
(a) A godmother.
(b) An aunt.
(c) A mother.
(d) A sister.
6. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) Four hundred and fifty.
(b) Two hundred and fifty.
(c) Three hundred and fifty.
(d) One hundred and fifty.
7. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) The prince regent.
(b) John Murray.
(c) His mother.
(d) The king.
8. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Gryffindor House.
(b) At Geophrey House.
(c) At Gaynor House.
(d) At Grafton House.
9. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
(a) She is too busy.
(b) She does not want to visit.
(c) The weather is poor.
(d) She is ill.
10. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
11. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
(b) Marry now.
(c) Stay married.
12. Jane answers Anna's specific questions regarding the accuracy and title of the manuscript, and she suggests that Anna omit the postscript because of what reason?
(a) It appears to imitate "Sense and Sensibility."
(b) It appears to imitate "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) It does not make sense.
(d) It is ridiculous.
13. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(b) The Exhibition at London Tower.
(c) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(d) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
14. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(b) Still lifes.
(d) Female portraits.
15. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(a) Head publicist.
(b) Speech writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
2. Jane believes that Henry will marry who soon?
3. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
4. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
5. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)