|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
(b) Form a musical group.
(d) Throw a ball.
2. Jane spends a comfortable hour where?
(a) At Geophrey House.
(b) At Gryffindor House.
(c) At Grafton House.
(d) At Gaynor House.
3. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
(a) He is unkind.
(b) He is not wealthy enough for her niece.
(c) He is poor and rude.
(d) He is not "enough in love" with her niece.
4. Jane is unable to do what while Cassandra is gone?
5. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Geophrey House.
(b) At Gaynor House.
(c) At Gryffindor House.
(d) At Grafton House.
6. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
7. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
(a) In his leg.
(b) In his chest.
(c) In his arm.
(d) In his face.
8. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
(c) North Carolina.
9. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(b) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(c) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
(d) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
10. Why does Jane lament Fanny's pending marriage?
(a) Because the single life suits Fanny.
(b) Because she does not care for Fanny's fiance.
(c) Because Fanny does not love her fiance.
(d) Because Fanny will no longer write to her.
11. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(c) Written a book about her.
(d) Come for a visit.
12. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Goldsmith.
(b) The Pepys.
(c) The Evelyn.
(d) The Radcliffe.
13. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
(a) Take care of Jane's piano forte.
(b) Not forget her writing.
(c) Find a husband.
14. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
(b) Yes, but only after her death.
(c) No, never.
(d) No, not in its complete form.
15. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
(a) Cassy has not arrived yet.
(b) She does not miss writing.
(c) She does not miss Cassy as much as she expected she would.
(d) Mary Jane is returning home so soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Fanny Knight praising her what?
2. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
3. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
4. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
5. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)