|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He does not love her.
(b) He is old.
(c) The wedding would be far off.
(d) He is poor.
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
(c) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(d) The Exhibition at London Tower.
3. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
(a) Mr. Lushington.
(b) Mr. Longston.
(c) Mr. Livingston.
(d) Mr. Lexington.
4. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
5. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Jacob Riley.
(b) Sir James Rowland's.
(c) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
6. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Grafton House.
(b) At Gryffindor House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Gaynor House.
7. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
(a) He is not "enough in love" with her niece.
(b) He is not wealthy enough for her niece.
(c) He is unkind.
(d) He is poor and rude.
8. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
(a) She is trying to trick Cassandra-Esten.
(b) She is dyslexic.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) It is a code developed between Cassandra-Esten and Jane.
9. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
(b) Marry now.
(d) Stay married.
10. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Give Henry medication.
(b) Examine Henry.
(c) Deliver Henry's medication.
(d) Bleed Henry.
11. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Poor actors.
(c) Not musically inclined.
(d) Poor writers.
12. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
(b) Find a husband.
(c) Take care of Jane's piano forte.
(d) Not forget her writing.
13. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
14. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
(a) The kind daughters.
(b) The mean daughters.
(c) The beautiful daughters.
(d) The plain daughters.
15. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(b) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(c) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
(d) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
Short Answer Questions
1. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
2. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
3. Jane writes to Fanny Knight praising her what?
4. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
5. John Murray advises Jane of what?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)