|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Bleed Henry.
(b) Give Henry medication.
(c) Deliver Henry's medication.
(d) Examine Henry.
2. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
(a) The weather.
(b) Family business.
(c) Army business.
(d) Naval business.
3. She states that she is done with Mr. Wildman because of what reason?
(a) He is not "enough in love" with her niece.
(b) He is poor and rude.
(c) He is not wealthy enough for her niece.
(d) He is unkind.
4. Jane writes Charles that she is ill and what has made her worse?
(a) Her inability to write.
(b) Her mother's worrying.
(c) Her uncle's will.
(d) The cold weather.
5. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
6. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Radcliffe.
(b) The Goldsmith.
(c) The Pepys.
(d) The Evelyn.
7. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Written a book about her.
(b) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(d) Come for a visit.
8. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
(b) Given more dialogue.
9. John Murray advises Jane of what?
(a) The proper place to situate a dedication in a book.
(b) A book signing he scheduled.
(c) The amount she owes him.
(d) The manuscript that is due.
10. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
(a) Miss Babcock.
(b) Miss Bennett.
(c) Miss Burdett.
(d) Miss Bordeaux.
11. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
12. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Poor actors.
(c) Poor writers.
(d) Not musically inclined.
13. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She does not want to visit.
(d) The weather is poor.
14. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
15. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
(a) Miss Sullivan.
(b) Miss Sichenze.
(c) Miss Sharpe.
(d) Miss Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
2. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
3. Jane spends a comfortable hour where?
4. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
5. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)