|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
(b) Form a musical group.
(d) Throw a ball.
2. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) His mother.
(b) John Murray.
(c) The prince regent.
(d) The king.
3. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Grafton House.
(b) At Gaynor House.
(c) At Geophrey House.
(d) At Gryffindor House.
4. Jane writes Charles that she is ill and what has made her worse?
(a) Her inability to write.
(b) The cold weather.
(c) Her mother's worrying.
(d) Her uncle's will.
5. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
(a) The kind daughters.
(b) The mean daughters.
(c) The plain daughters.
(d) The beautiful daughters.
6. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
(a) She does not want to visit.
(b) The weather is poor.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is too busy.
7. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
(b) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
(c) Because of all of the acting.
(d) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
8. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) Come for a visit.
(c) Written a book about her.
(d) Read Caroline's manuscript.
9. Jane threatens to write an imitation of what in retaliation?
(b) Pride, Prejudice, and Prosperity.
(d) Mismatched Marriage.
10. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
(a) Miss Sullivan.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Sichenze.
(d) Miss Sharpe.
11. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Bleed Henry.
(b) Examine Henry.
(c) Deliver Henry's medication.
(d) Give Henry medication.
12. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
(a) The acting.
(b) The set.
(c) The lighting.
(d) The script.
13. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
(a) The Cookes.
(b) The Williams.
(c) The Smiths.
(d) The Thomas.
14. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
(a) It is a code developed between Cassandra-Esten and Jane.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) She is dyslexic.
(d) She is trying to trick Cassandra-Esten.
15. Jane does not want Henry to take her to town but admits that she cannot say "no" if he offers. Why?
(a) Because he would be upset if she said no.
(b) Because she would not want to hurt his feelings.
(c) Because it is a thoughtful offer.
(d) Because he rarely offers her anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
2. Jane writes Charles Thomas Haden to thank him for what?
3. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
4. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
5. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)