|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
(c) North Carolina.
2. Where do they plan to do this?
(a) At Grafton House.
(b) At Gryffindor House.
(c) At Gaynor House.
(d) At Geophrey House.
3. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Scotland.
4. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
5. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
(a) Naval business.
(b) The weather.
(c) Family business.
(d) Army business.
6. John Murray advises Jane of what?
(a) A book signing he scheduled.
(b) The proper place to situate a dedication in a book.
(c) The amount she owes him.
(d) The manuscript that is due.
7. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(b) Speech writer.
(c) Head publicist.
8. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Jacob Riley.
(b) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(c) Sir James Rowland's.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
9. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
(a) Three hundred fifty.
(b) Four hundred fifty.
(c) One hundred fifty.
(d) Two hundred fifty.
10. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
(a) Cassy has not arrived yet.
(b) She does not miss Cassy as much as she expected she would.
(c) She does not miss writing.
(d) Mary Jane is returning home so soon.
11. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(b) Still lifes.
(c) Female portraits.
12. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
(a) His wife.
(b) Him but not his children.
(c) His children but not him.
(d) No one in his family.
13. Jane praises Eaton Stannard Barrett's "The Heroine" as being amusingly written in what style?
(a) The Goldsmith.
(b) The Radcliffe.
(c) The Pepys.
(d) The Evelyn.
14. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
(c) Getting married.
(d) In love.
15. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
(a) Miss Bennett.
(b) Miss Babcock.
(c) Miss Burdett.
(d) Miss Bordeaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. She reads William Cowper's __________________ and Boswell's "Life of Johnson".
2. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
3. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
4. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
5. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)