|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
(b) Because of all of the acting.
(c) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
(d) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
2. Henry takes Jane to see _______________, and Jane is pleased at a small portrait of "Mrs. Bingley", like "Portrait of a Lady" by J. F. M. Huet-Villiers.
(a) The Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery.
(b) The Exhibition at London Tower.
(c) The Exhibition in Spring Gardens.
(d) The Exhibition at Hyde Park.
3. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
(a) A few copies.
(b) All copies.
(c) Most copies.
(d) Some copies.
4. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
(a) Northanger Abbey.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
5. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Jacob Riley.
(b) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(c) Sir James Rowland's.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
6. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
(a) The set.
(b) The script.
(c) The lighting.
(d) The acting.
7. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
(a) Naval business.
(b) Family business.
(c) Army business.
(d) The weather.
8. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
(a) In France.
(b) In Scotland.
(c) In Ireland.
(d) In Wales.
9. Who is the most comfortable and successful member of the Austen family?
10. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
(c) Form a musical group.
(d) Throw a ball.
11. Fanny Knight's visit makes Jane quite happy and she notices that Fanny is affected by what?
(a) The long journey.
(b) An illness.
(c) The sight of the children.
(d) The weather.
12. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
(a) Not musically inclined.
(b) Poor writers.
(c) Poor actors.
13. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
(a) His marriage.
(c) His daughter's birth.
(d) His acceptance into Cambridge.
14. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
(b) Given more dialogue.
15. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(b) Female portraits.
(d) Still lifes.
Short Answer Questions
1. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
2. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
3. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
4. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
5. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)