|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
(b) Avoid many visits that she did not plan to enjoy.
(d) Write without interruption.
2. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
3. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
(a) Edward Knight.
(b) Henry Austen.
(c) Frank Austen.
(d) Cassandra Austen.
4. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) The king.
(b) His mother.
(c) John Murray.
(d) The prince regent.
5. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(a) Female portraits.
(d) Still lifes.
6. Jane threatens to write an imitation of what in retaliation?
(b) Mismatched Marriage.
(c) Pride, Prejudice, and Prosperity.
7. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(a) Her mercantile business.
8. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
(a) In his face.
(b) In his leg.
(c) In his arm.
(d) In his chest.
9. The apothecary arrives to do what?
(a) Bleed Henry.
(b) Give Henry medication.
(c) Deliver Henry's medication.
(d) Examine Henry.
10. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
(b) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(c) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
(d) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
11. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Four hundred and fifty.
(c) Three hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
12. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
(b) Getting married.
(c) In love.
13. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(b) Aunt Cassandra.
(c) Aunt Jane.
14. Jane writes James-Edward Austen to congratulate him on what?
(a) His acceptance into Cambridge.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His daughter's birth.
15. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
(a) Speech writer.
(d) Head publicist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
2. She encourages Caroline to practice music but reminds her to do what?
3. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
4. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
5. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)