|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her art work.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her books.
2. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(c) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(d) She was ill before she left.
3. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) Poor weather.
(b) A cold.
(c) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(d) A late start.
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
6. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Too little.
(b) Too much.
(c) Extraordinary things.
7. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
(a) His cravat.
(b) His dress coat.
(c) His stockings.
(d) His handkerchief.
8. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
9. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Edward.'
(c) The 'Edmondson.'
(d) The 'Endocrine.'
10. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(b) She does not like admirers.
(c) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
(d) She is getting married.
11. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
12. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Edward has already settled business there.
(b) Jane plans to settle business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
13. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Northanger Abbey."
14. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own horse.
(b) Her own suite.
(c) Her own room.
(d) Her own bathroom.
15. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In September.
(b) In August.
(c) In May.
(d) In July.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
2. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
3. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
4. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
5. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)