|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) "Northanger Abbey."
(c) "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) "Mansfield Park."
2. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Goddess.'
(b) The 'Queen.'
(c) The 'Cleopatra.'
(d) The 'Witch.'
3. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(b) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
4. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She will become a school mistress.
(c) Her family is moving out of the country.
(d) She has found a new job.
5. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(b) Fun and exciting.
(c) Strange but enjoyable.
(d) Relaxing and peaceful.
6. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In White Park Buildings.
(c) In Blue Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
7. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(b) Mrs. Marcus'.
(c) Mrs. Martin's.
(d) Mrs. Matthew's.
8. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(b) Too little.
(c) Extraordinary things.
(d) Too much.
9. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Three hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
10. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are dull and boring.
(b) They are too pretentious.
(c) They are too large and crowded.
(d) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
11. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) One thousand ten pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) One hundred ten pounds.
12. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
13. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her work obligations.
(b) Her dance lessons.
(c) Her piano lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
14. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
15. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The cat.
(b) The horse.
(c) The dog.
(d) The bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
2. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
3. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)