Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her own bathroom.
(c) Her own suite.
(d) Her own horse.
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His unattractive cravats.
(b) His top hat.
(c) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(d) His light-colored morning coat.
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Malade imaginaire.
(b) Le Misanthrope.
(c) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
4. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) Many days.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Many months.
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(b) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(c) Since his health is better now.
(d) Since he will be in town.
6. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A help around the house.
(b) A useful "man of letters".
(c) A wonderful horseman.
(d) A great friend.
7. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Boring and a waste of time.
(b) Interesting and intriguing.
(c) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(d) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
8. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Barnsley.
(b) Going to Berkhamsted.
(c) Going to Beckenham.
(d) Going to Bath.
9. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Coming home so soon.
(b) Staying away from home longer.
(c) Moving away from home.
(d) Getting married.
10. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
(a) His handkerchief.
(b) His stockings.
(c) His cravat.
(d) His dress coat.
11. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Her earlier reluctance.
(b) Her languor and illness.
(c) Missing Cassandra.
(d) The poor weather.
12. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Carpentry shop.
(b) Blacksmith shop.
13. Who is dangerously ill?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(d) Mrs. Leigh.
14. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Relaxing and peaceful.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
15. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
2. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
3. Jane congratulates Frank on what?
4. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
5. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)