|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(c) Matrimonial views.
2. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In England.
(b) In France.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In America.
3. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A useful "man of letters".
(b) A wonderful horseman.
(c) A great friend.
(d) A help around the house.
4. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
5. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The plaid.
(b) The flower.
(c) The stripes.
(d) The fruit.
6. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(c) Her family.
7. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Northanger Abbey."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
8. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
9. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(b) Distant cousin.
(d) Step father.
10. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(a) Practical Piety.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Mansfield Park.
11. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Endocrine.'
(c) The 'Edmondson.'
(d) The 'Edward.'
12. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
13. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's mother.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
14. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
15. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
2. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
3. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
4. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
5. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)