|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She will become a school mistress.
(b) She has found a new job.
(c) Her family is moving out of the country.
(d) She is engaged.
2. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
3. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The bird.
(b) The horse.
(c) The cat.
(d) The dog.
4. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
(a) She is in a poor mood.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is too busy.
5. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many hours.
(b) Many months.
(c) Many days.
(d) Many weeks.
6. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(b) Poor weather.
(c) A cold.
(d) A late start.
7. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
8. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
9. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
10. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(b) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(c) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(d) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
11. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
(a) To Daventry.
(b) To Alton.
(c) To Birchwood.
(d) To London.
12. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
(b) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(c) Interesting and intriguing.
(d) Boring and a waste of time.
13. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Barnsley.
(b) Going to Beckenham.
(c) Going to Berkhamsted.
(d) Going to Bath.
14. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A maid.
(b) A governess.
(c) A school mistress.
(d) A librarian.
15. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
(a) In a ballet.
(b) In a play.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In an opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
2. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
4. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
5. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)