|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Relaxing and peaceful.
(b) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Strange but enjoyable.
2. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) She was ill before she left.
(c) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(d) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
3. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In White Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Two hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
6. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
7. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In July.
(b) In May.
(c) In August.
(d) In September.
8. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's sister.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
9. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
(a) His friend.
(b) His fiancee.
(c) His wife.
(d) His niece.
10. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(b) Step father.
(c) Distant cousin.
11. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
(a) To Alton.
(b) To Birchwood.
(c) To Daventry.
(d) To London.
12. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(b) Caught a virus.
(c) Was bitten by an insect.
(d) Ate something disagreeable.
13. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
14. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Cleopatra.'
(b) The 'Goddess.'
(c) The 'Queen.'
(d) The 'Witch.'
15. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
2. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
3. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
4. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
5. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)