|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many hours.
(b) Many days.
(c) Many months.
(d) Many weeks.
2. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Relaxing and peaceful.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
3. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(b) Practical Piety.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mansfield Park.
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(b) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(c) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(d) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
5. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(c) Step father.
(d) Distant cousin.
6. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She is engaged.
(b) She will become a school mistress.
(c) Her family is moving out of the country.
(d) She has found a new job.
7. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The flower.
(b) The stripes.
(c) The plaid.
(d) The fruit.
8. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(b) She has come for a visit.
(c) She has written a book.
(d) She has had another child.
9. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(b) She was ill before she left.
(c) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
10. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
11. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(c) Give them an allowance.
(d) Come home to shoot.
12. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since his health is better now.
(b) Since he will be in town.
(c) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(d) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
13. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her intended visits.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her work obligations.
(d) Her dance lessons.
14. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
(b) Too poor and economical.
(c) Too dull and boring.
(d) Too shy and conventional.
15. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both moved to America.
(b) They both died in childbirth.
(c) They both came for a visit.
(d) They both wrote books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
2. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
3. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)