|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
2. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Moving away from home.
(c) Staying away from home longer.
(d) Coming home so soon.
3. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(b) Ate something disagreeable.
(c) Caught a virus.
(d) Was bitten by an insect.
4. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
(a) Jane loves his home.
(b) The good lady's interest in the matter.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) Jane wants to be married.
5. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
(a) In a ballet.
(b) In a play.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In an opera.
6. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
7. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In England.
(b) In France.
(c) In America.
(d) In Germany.
8. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because of the warm weather.
(b) Because she is bored.
(c) Because she is feeling better.
(d) Because she likes her neighbors.
9. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(d) Matrimonial views.
10. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
(a) Going to Berkhamsted.
(b) Going to Bath.
(c) Going to Beckenham.
(d) Going to Barnsley.
11. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
12. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Misanthrope.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(c) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
13. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
14. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The bar.
(b) His medical license.
(c) The GED.
(d) His teacher certification.
15. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(b) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(c) She has just received a new piano forte.
(d) She is tired of writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
2. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
3. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
4. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
5. When does Jane retract this statement?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)