|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
2. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
3. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Strange but enjoyable.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
4. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(b) Give them an allowance.
(c) Come home to shoot.
5. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Northanger Abbey."
(b) "Mansfield Park."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
6. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
7. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many hours.
(b) Many days.
(c) Many months.
(d) Many weeks.
8. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(c) Ate something disagreeable.
(d) Was bitten by an insect.
9. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
(a) She is too busy.
(b) She is in a poor mood.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is ill.
10. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
11. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
12. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(b) Too little.
(c) Too much.
(d) Extraordinary things.
13. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(b) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
14. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In August.
(b) In September.
(c) In May.
(d) In July.
15. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her art work.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
5. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)