|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
2. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Martin's.
(b) Mrs. Marcus'.
(c) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(d) Mrs. Matthew's.
3. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
4. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
5. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A maid.
(b) A governess.
(c) A school mistress.
(d) A librarian.
6. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
7. Jane is grieved at whose death?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) The King's.
(c) The Queen's.
(d) Mrs. Budd's.
8. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(b) Carpentry shop.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
9. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
10. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Malade imaginaire.
(b) Le Misanthrope.
(d) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
11. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She is tired of writing.
(b) She has just received a new piano forte.
(c) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
(d) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
12. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Step father.
(b) Distant cousin.
13. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Three hundred.
(d) One hundred.
14. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
15. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Italian friend."
(b) "Irish friend."
(c) "French friend."
(d) "American friend."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dangerously ill?
2. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
3. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
4. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
5. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)