|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
2. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) She misses Cassandra.
(d) She is bored.
3. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
4. Jane congratulates Frank on what?
(a) His new career.
(b) The birth of his son.
(c) The birth of his daughter.
(d) His marriage.
5. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
6. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
(b) Sense and Sensibility.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mansfield Park.
7. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(b) They are too pretentious.
(c) They are too large and crowded.
(d) They are dull and boring.
8. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(b) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(c) She was ill before she left.
(d) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
9. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Relaxing and peaceful.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
10. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
(a) She is tired.
(b) She is in a poor mood.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is too busy.
11. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
(a) The King's.
(b) Mrs. Budd's.
(c) Her aunt's.
(d) The Queen's.
12. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Seek their fortunes.
(b) Find jobs.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Join the military.
13. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(b) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(c) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(d) Letters, bills, and gloves.
14. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
15. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Bath.
(b) To Berkhamsted.
(c) To Beckenham.
(d) To Barnsley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
2. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
3. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
4. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
5. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)