|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(b) Mansfield Park.
(c) Sense and Sensibility.
2. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
(a) She has a complaint in her eye which makes reading and writing difficult
(b) She is tired of writing.
(c) She has just received a new piano forte.
(d) She has been asked to play the piano forte at the next ball.
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Italian friend."
(b) "French friend."
(c) "Irish friend."
(d) "American friend."
6. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
7. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(d) Strange but enjoyable.
8. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The cat.
(b) The bird.
(c) The horse.
(d) The dog.
9. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His unattractive cravats.
(b) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(c) His light-colored morning coat.
(d) His top hat.
10. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
11. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) "Mansfield Park."
12. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Distant cousin.
(b) Step father.
13. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
(a) To Alton.
(b) To London.
(c) To Birchwood.
(d) To Daventry.
14. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her work obligations.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her dance lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
15. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
2. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
3. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
4. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
5. Jane is upset that Cassandra will not be doing what with their mother and herself?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)