|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Mansfield Park."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
2. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
3. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(b) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(c) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(d) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
4. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
5. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Interesting and intriguing.
(b) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(c) Boring and a waste of time.
(d) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
6. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Extraordinary things.
(b) Too little.
(d) Too much.
7. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(c) Matrimonial views.
8. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) The poor weather.
(b) Her languor and illness.
(c) Missing Cassandra.
(d) Her earlier reluctance.
9. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) To avoid disappointment.
(b) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(c) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
(d) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
10. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her intended visits.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her work obligations.
(d) Her dance lessons.
11. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
12. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Pride and Prejudice."
(b) "Sense and Sensibility."
(c) "Northanger Abbey."
(d) "Mansfield Park."
13. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Cassandra is not there.
(b) Jane has no friends.
(c) Jane's room is small.
(d) Jane must share a bed.
14. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Seek their fortunes.
(c) Go to university.
(d) Find jobs.
15. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
2. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
3. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
5. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)