|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Poisoned himself.
(b) Fell off his horse.
(c) Fell down the stairs.
(d) Shot himself in the thigh.
2. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
3. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are too large and crowded.
(b) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(c) They are too pretentious.
(d) They are dull and boring.
4. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endocrine.'
(b) The 'Edmondson.'
(c) The 'Edward.'
(d) The 'Endymion.'
5. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) Many months.
(c) Many days.
(d) Many hours.
6. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A school mistress.
(b) A maid.
(c) A governess.
(d) A librarian.
7. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's brother.
8. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Jane's room is small.
(b) Jane must share a bed.
(c) Cassandra is not there.
(d) Jane has no friends.
9. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
10. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She was ill before she left.
11. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
12. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Find jobs.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Seek their fortunes.
13. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The dog.
(b) The horse.
(c) The cat.
(d) The bird.
14. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
15. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
(a) A moron.
(b) A yahoo.
(c) A yoohoo.
(d) A maniac.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
4. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
5. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)