|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(b) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(c) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(d) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
2. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
(a) Shot himself in the thigh.
(b) Fell down the stairs.
(c) Poisoned himself.
(d) Fell off his horse.
3. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Writing abilities.
(b) Singing abilities.
(c) Acting abilities.
(d) Speaking abilities.
4. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(c) She has written a book.
(d) She has had another child.
5. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(b) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(c) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(d) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
6. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
7. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Northanger Abbey."
(b) "Mansfield Park."
(c) "Sense and Sensibility."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
8. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In Red Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In White Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
9. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both came for a visit.
(b) They both wrote books.
(c) They both died in childbirth.
(d) They both moved to America.
10. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
11. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
12. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She is bored.
(b) She misses Cassandra.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
13. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's brother.
(b) Miss Seal's sister.
(c) Miss Seal's mother.
(d) Miss Seal's father.
14. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Martinelli's.
(b) Mrs. Martin's.
(c) Mrs. Matthew's.
(d) Mrs. Marcus'.
15. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In July.
(b) In August.
(c) In September.
(d) In May.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
2. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
3. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
4. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
5. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)