|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are dull and boring.
(b) They are too pretentious.
(c) They are too large and crowded.
(d) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
2. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(b) Give them an allowance.
(c) Come home to shoot.
3. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Distant cousin.
(d) Step father.
4. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since his health is better now.
(b) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(c) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
(d) Since he will be in town.
5. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many weeks.
(b) Many days.
(c) Many months.
(d) Many hours.
6. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's father.
(b) Miss Seal's brother.
(c) Miss Seal's mother.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
7. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She misses Cassandra.
(b) She is not feeling well.
(c) She is bored.
(d) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
8. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
9. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
(a) Mrs. Marcus'.
(b) Mrs. Matthew's.
(c) Mrs. Martin's.
(d) Mrs. Martinelli's.
10. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(d) Le Misanthrope.
11. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
12. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
13. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own room.
(b) Her own suite.
(c) Her own horse.
(d) Her own bathroom.
14. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(b) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(c) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(d) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
15. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In America.
(c) In England.
(d) In France.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is dangerously ill?
2. Jane congratulates Frank on what?
3. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
4. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
5. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)