|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
(b) She misses Cassandra.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She is bored.
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Carpentry shop.
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) His teacher certification.
(b) The GED.
(c) The bar.
(d) His medical license.
4. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Beckenham.
(b) To Bath.
(c) To Barnsley.
(d) To Berkhamsted.
5. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
6. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
7. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has come for a visit.
(d) She has written a book.
8. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(b) Sir Robert.
(c) Sir Matthew.
(d) Sir John.
9. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her clothes.
(d) Her art work.
10. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
11. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
(a) The good lady's interest in the matter.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) Jane loves his home.
(d) Jane wants to be married.
12. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
13. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
(a) The King's.
(b) The Queen's.
(c) Mrs. Budd's.
(d) Her aunt's.
14. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
(a) His cravat.
(b) His dress coat.
(c) His handkerchief.
(d) His stockings.
15. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Step father.
(d) Distant cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
2. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
3. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
4. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
5. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)