|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
2. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
(a) In White Park Buildings.
(b) In Blue Park Buildings.
(c) In Red Park Buildings.
(d) In Green Park Buildings.
3. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too shy and conventional.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too poor and economical.
(d) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
4. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
5. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
(a) Jane wants to be married.
(b) The good lady's interest in the matter.
(c) Jane loves his home.
(d) He is wealthy.
6. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(a) Give them an allowance.
(d) Come home to shoot.
7. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
(a) Caught a virus.
(b) Poisoned himself intentionally.
(c) Was bitten by an insect.
(d) Ate something disagreeable.
8. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has written a book.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
9. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Italian friend."
(b) "French friend."
(c) "American friend."
(d) "Irish friend."
10. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Carpentry shop.
11. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her art work.
(d) Her clothes.
12. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(b) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
(c) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(d) She was ill before she left.
13. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's father.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's mother.
14. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A useful "man of letters".
(c) A wonderful horseman.
(d) A help around the house.
15. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(b) They are too large and crowded.
(c) They are too pretentious.
(d) They are dull and boring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
2. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
3. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
4. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
5. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)