|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Edmondson.'
(c) The 'Endocrine.'
(d) The 'Edward.'
2. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
(a) A yoohoo.
(b) A moron.
(c) A yahoo.
(d) A maniac.
3. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
(a) She received ten pounds for the publication of her novel "Susan" six years previously, but it was never published.
(b) She received a poorly-printed copy of her novel, "Susan."
(c) She had never heard from him regarding her novel, "Susan."
(d) She had never received the ten pounds he owed her for her novel, "Susan" six years previously.
4. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
(a) The GED.
(b) His teacher certification.
(c) The bar.
(d) His medical license.
5. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A useful "man of letters".
(c) A help around the house.
(d) A wonderful horseman.
6. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
(a) "Sense and Sensibility."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "Mansfield Park."
7. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
8. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(b) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
(c) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(d) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
9. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is feeling better.
(b) Because of the warm weather.
(c) Because she likes her neighbors.
(d) Because she is bored.
10. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(a) Step father.
(b) Distant cousin.
11. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has had another child.
(c) She has written a book.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
12. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
13. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
14. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since his health is better now.
(b) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(c) Since he will be in town.
(d) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
15. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Witch.'
(b) The 'Goddess.'
(c) The 'Queen.'
(d) The 'Cleopatra.'
Short Answer Questions
1. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
2. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
3. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
4. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
5. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)