|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has written a book.
(b) She has come for a visit.
(c) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
(d) She has had another child.
2. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's sister.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's brother.
(d) Miss Seal's father.
3. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
(a) His friend.
(b) His niece.
(c) His fiancee.
(d) His wife.
4. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Moving away from home.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Coming home so soon.
(d) Staying away from home longer.
5. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(b) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(c) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(d) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
6. Sophie is happy with what that Lizzy sends her?
(a) The bird.
(b) The horse.
(c) The dog.
(d) The cat.
7. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Jane plans to settle business there.
(b) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(c) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
8. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
(a) To Berkhamsted.
(b) To Bath.
(c) To Beckenham.
(d) To Barnsley.
9. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
(a) Her aunt's.
(b) The Queen's.
(c) The King's.
(d) Mrs. Budd's.
10. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In Germany.
(b) In England.
(c) In France.
(d) In America.
11. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
12. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many days.
(b) Many months.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Many weeks.
13. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
(a) The 'Endymion.'
(b) The 'Endocrine.'
(c) The 'Edmondson.'
(d) The 'Edward.'
14. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One thousand ten pounds.
(b) One hundred ten pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
15. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(d) Le Misanthrope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane gossips to her sister that Earle Harwood accidentally did what and is in the hospital where his family visits him?
2. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
3. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
5. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)