Short Answer Questions Key
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
The previous night's ball.
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
His light-colored morning coat.
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
6. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
This section contains 4,569 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)