Short Answer Key
Letters 1-10 dated January 9th, 1796 to October 28th, 1798
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
The previous night's ball.
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
His light-colored morning coat.
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
6. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
7. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
Seek their fortunes.
8. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
9. Jane is...
This section contains 3,007 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)