Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Letters 1-10 dated January 9th, 1796 to October 28th, 1798
1. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
2. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
6. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
7. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
8. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
This section contains 2,582 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)