|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(b) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Written a book about her.
(d) Come for a visit.
2. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
(a) The fruit.
(b) The plaid.
(c) The stripes.
(d) The flower.
3. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In May.
(b) In August.
(c) In July.
(d) In September.
4. Jane plans to read Robert Southey's "Life of Nelson" for what reason?
(a) He asked her to read it.
(b) She has heard this book is good.
(c) Frank is mentioned in it.
(d) She enjoyed his previous book.
5. Cassandra ran an errand for Jane, and Jane had what while she was unattended?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Fainting spell.
(d) A seizure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
2. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
3. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
4. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
5. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)