|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
2. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She has found a new job.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) Her family is moving out of the country.
(d) She will become a school mistress.
3. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(b) Carpentry shop.
(d) Blacksmith shop.
4. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too shy and conventional.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too poor and economical.
(d) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
5. Jane yearns to see whose exhibition as well?
(a) Sir Joshua Reynold's.
(b) Sir James Rowland's.
(c) Sir Jacob Riley.
(d) Sir John Raymer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
2. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
3. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
4. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
5. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)