|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(c) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(d) Le Misanthrope.
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His top hat.
(b) His unattractive cravats.
(c) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(d) His light-colored morning coat.
3. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
(a) The Williams.
(b) The Smiths.
(c) The Thomas.
(d) The Cookes.
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(b) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(c) She was ill before she left.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
5. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Four hundred.
(b) Three hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane spends most of her time _________________ and anxiously awaiting Edward's arrival next Tuesday.
2. Jane hears that Tom is to marry a girl from where?
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
4. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
5. Jane tells Caroline that Mary Jane passed her time at Chawton pleasantly and is surprised about what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)