|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(b) Aunt Cassandra.
(c) Aunt Jane.
2. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) A late start.
(b) A cold.
(c) Poor weather.
(d) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
3. To whom is Jane's final letter?
(a) Frances Tilson.
(b) Frances Papillon.
(d) Frances Drake.
4. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
5. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. The funeral is scheduled for Thursday morning and Jane is to be buried where?
2. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
4. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
5. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)