|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Witch.'
(b) The 'Goddess.'
(c) The 'Cleopatra.'
(d) The 'Queen.'
2. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He is old.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He is poor.
(d) The wedding would be far off.
3. The household items sold well, though Jane is unhappy with the price she got for what?
(a) Her books.
(b) Her shoes.
(c) Her art work.
(d) Her clothes.
4. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Written a book about her.
(b) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(d) Come for a visit.
5. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) She was ill before she left.
(b) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(c) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
2. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
3. She regrets that she is unlikely to visit Hendon, Anna's new home. Why can she not visit?
4. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
5. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)