|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
(a) He is poor.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) The wedding would be far off.
(d) He is old.
2. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
(a) She has come for a visit.
(b) She has written a book.
(c) She has had another child.
(d) She has not had a relapse and is doing much better.
3. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
(a) Old stories.
(b) The Bible.
4. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A help around the house.
(b) A wonderful horseman.
(c) A great friend.
(d) A useful "man of letters".
5. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(b) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(c) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
(d) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
2. Cassandra laments their great loss, and hopes what?
3. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
4. Jane praises Caroline's handwriting and what story?
5. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)