|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many months.
(b) Many weeks.
(c) Many days.
(d) Many hours.
2. Who is dangerously ill?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(c) Mrs. Leigh.
3. To whom is Jane's final letter?
(a) Frances Papillon.
(c) Frances Tilson.
(d) Frances Drake.
4. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
(a) At six in the morning.
(b) At seven in the morning.
(c) At six in the evening.
(d) At seven in the evening.
5. Jane's reference to Methuselah in her letter to Fanny Knight proves her familiarity with what?
(b) Old stories.
(d) The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
2. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
3. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
4. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
5. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)