|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Fanny Knight praising her what?
2. Henry gives Jane a gift of _______ pounds, and she plans to buy poplin and send half to Cassandra.
3. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
(a) His friend.
(b) His niece.
(c) His wife.
(d) His fiancee.
4. Jane does not want Henry to take her to town but admits that she cannot say "no" if he offers. Why?
(a) Because it is a thoughtful offer.
(b) Because she would not want to hurt his feelings.
(c) Because he rarely offers her anything.
(d) Because he would be upset if she said no.
5. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her work obligations.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her dance lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
2. Jane threatens to write an imitation of what in retaliation?
3. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
4. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
5. Mr. John Murray, a London publisher, offers Jane how many pounds for "Emma" and the copyrights to "Mansfield Park" and "Sense and Sensibility?"
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)