|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Carpentry shop.
(c) Blacksmith shop.
2. As what does Jane refer to Mr. Evelyn?
(a) A yahoo.
(b) A moron.
(c) A maniac.
(d) A yoohoo.
3. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(b) Female portraits.
(c) Still lifes.
4. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) One hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
5. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of all of the acting.
(b) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
(c) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
(d) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane answers Anna's specific questions regarding the accuracy and title of the manuscript, and she suggests that Anna omit the postscript because of what reason?
2. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
3. Frank's visit is delayed by what?
4. Jane is grieved at whose death?
5. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)