|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(a) Her mercantile business.
2. Jane writes to Anna saying that her eyes are weak and it is well that they did not weaken sooner or she could not have assisted in making what?
(a) Her new hat.
(b) Clothes for her brothers.
(c) Clothes for the "bride expectant."
(d) A dress for Anna.
3. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(b) Sir Matthew.
(c) Sir John.
(d) Sir Robert.
4. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's mother.
(b) Miss Seal's brother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
5. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Staying away from home longer.
(b) Coming home so soon.
(c) Moving away from home.
(d) Getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry is promoted and does not feel the loss of who so badly because he is used to being away from her?
2. To whom is Jane's final letter?
3. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
4. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
5. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)