|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 159-161 and CEAs 1-3 dated May 22nd, 1817 to July 29th, 1817.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna saying that her eyes are weak and it is well that they did not weaken sooner or she could not have assisted in making what?
(a) Her new hat.
(b) A dress for Anna.
(c) Clothes for the "bride expectant."
(d) Clothes for her brothers.
2. Why are the words in one of Jane's letters written backwards?
(a) It is a code developed between Cassandra-Esten and Jane.
(b) She is trying to trick Cassandra-Esten.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She is dyslexic.
3. Jane spends a comfortable hour where?
(a) At Grafton House.
(b) At Geophrey House.
(c) At Gaynor House.
(d) At Gryffindor House.
4. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
(a) At six in the evening.
(b) At seven in the evening.
(c) At seven in the morning.
(d) At six in the morning.
5. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A governess.
(b) A maid.
(c) A school mistress.
(d) A librarian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has subscribed to whose library of novels and other literature?
2. Jane tells Cassandra that Henry is home and ___________ than she thought.
3. Jane jokes that she is "rather in love" with whom?
4. To whom is Jane's final letter?
5. Jane, her sister and brothers intend to do what together?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)