|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to Caroline Austen, praising what?
(a) Her exciting plots.
(b) Her speed in producing stories.
(c) Her comic writing.
(d) The details in her stories.
2. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Sense and Sensibility."
(b) "Mansfield Park."
(c) "Northanger Abbey."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
3. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
4. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
(a) Dr. Morrow to Dr. Fells.
(b) Dr. Fellowes to Dr. Mapleton.
(c) Dr. Oz to Dr. Phil.
(d) Dr. Mapleton to Dr. Fellowes.
5. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
(a) Three hundred.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Four hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
2. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
3. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
4. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
5. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)