|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane praises Anna's manuscript, comparing it to Burney's ____________.
(b) The Wanderer.
2. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(b) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(c) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
(d) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
3. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(d) Her mercantile business.
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Fun and exciting.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Strange but enjoyable.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
5. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
(c) Given more dialogue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
2. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
4. Jane writes Charles Thomas Haden to thank him for what?
5. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)