|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
2. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
(a) The wind.
(b) The heat.
(c) The rain.
(d) The snow.
3. She is determined to raise money for what which is to be printed at her expense?
(a) The first printing of "Persuasion."
(b) The second printing of "Sense and Sensibility"
(c) The second printing of "Persuasion."
(d) The first printing of "Sense and Sensibility."
4. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
(a) She had never received the ten pounds he owed her for her novel, "Susan" six years previously.
(b) She received ten pounds for the publication of her novel "Susan" six years previously, but it was never published.
(c) She had never heard from him regarding her novel, "Susan."
(d) She received a poorly-printed copy of her novel, "Susan."
5. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
(a) In September.
(b) In August.
(c) In July.
(d) In May.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
2. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
3. Jane believes that Fanny likes him enough to marry, but not enough to do what?
4. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
5. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)