|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Extraordinary things.
(b) Too little.
(d) Too much.
2. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(b) A late start.
(c) A cold.
(d) Poor weather.
3. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
4. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Malade imaginaire.
(b) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(d) Le Misanthrope.
5. Jane is thrilled with her and Cassandra's newest what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane answers Anna's specific questions regarding the accuracy and title of the manuscript, and she suggests that Anna omit the postscript because of what reason?
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Jane complains about Mr. Haden's paraphrasing "Merchant of Venice" by saying that people who are _____________ are capable of all sorts of evil.
4. Jane is thrilled that Cassandra plans to do what?
5. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)