|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
(b) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
(c) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
2. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
(a) In a play.
(b) In an opera.
(c) On horseback.
(d) In a ballet.
3. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
(b) Her family.
4. She attends a party at the Cookes' but there is scarcely any what there?
5. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
(c) Avoid many visits that she did not plan to enjoy.
(d) Write without interruption.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane congratulates her niece on becoming what?
2. John Murray advises Jane of what?
3. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
4. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
5. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)