|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane praises Anna's manuscript, comparing it to Burney's ____________.
(a) The Wanderer.
2. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Acting abilities.
(b) Speaking abilities.
(c) Singing abilities.
(d) Writing abilities.
3. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
(d) Not comfortable.
4. Jane informs her sister that Edward and Frank have left to do what?
(a) Go to university.
(b) Find jobs.
(c) Seek their fortunes.
(d) Join the military.
5. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
(b) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(c) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(d) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
2. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
3. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
4. The apothecary believes that Edward did what?
5. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)