|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
2. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
(a) "Northanger Abbey."
(b) "Mansfield Park."
(c) "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) "Sense and Sensibility."
3. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Written a book about her.
(b) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(c) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(d) Come for a visit.
4. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
(a) Miss Sullivan.
(b) Miss Smith.
(c) Miss Sharpe.
(d) Miss Sichenze.
5. Jane writes to Caroline Austen, praising what?
(a) Her comic writing.
(b) Her exciting plots.
(c) The details in her stories.
(d) Her speed in producing stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
2. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
3. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
4. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
5. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)