|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She suspects that Charles will arrive today and he arrives when?
(a) At six in the evening.
(b) At seven in the morning.
(c) At seven in the evening.
(d) At six in the morning.
2. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) John Murray.
(b) The king.
(c) His mother.
(d) The prince regent.
3. She writes to Caroline Austen, apologizing that she has not yet done what?
(a) Read Caroline's manuscript.
(b) Sent her a copy of "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Written a book about her.
(d) Come for a visit.
4. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Staying away from home longer.
(b) Moving away from home.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Coming home so soon.
5. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Aunt Cassandra.
(b) Mrs. Austen.
(c) Aunt Jane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
2. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
3. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
4. Jane is thrilled that Cassandra plans to do what?
5. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)