|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her work obligations.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her dance lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
2. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
(a) In Ireland.
(b) In France.
(c) In Wales.
(d) In Scotland.
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(c) Le Misanthrope.
(d) Le Malade imaginaire.
4. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Missing Cassandra.
(b) The poor weather.
(c) Her languor and illness.
(d) Her earlier reluctance.
5. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
(a) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" did not have such a favorable review.
(b) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" is not mentioned.
(c) That is was so short.
(d) That no one else reviewed it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
2. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
3. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
4. Mrs. Austen is not well but would be glad to see Caroline, especially next Saturday, which is what?
5. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)