|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane praises Anna's manuscript, comparing it to Burney's ____________.
(b) The Wanderer.
2. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Strange but enjoyable.
(b) Relaxing and peaceful.
(c) Fun and exciting.
(d) Uncomfortable and awkward.
3. Jane writes James Stanier Clarke advising that a copy of "Emma" is to be sent to whom, care of James Stanier Clarke?
(a) The prince regent.
(b) The king.
(c) John Murray.
(d) His mother.
4. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
(a) Her behavior at the last ball.
(b) Her marriage to Mr. Creed.
(c) Her disapprobation of "Mansfield Park."
(d) Her comment about "Pride and Prejudice."
5. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mansfield Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane spends most of her time _________________ and anxiously awaiting Edward's arrival next Tuesday.
2. She begins drinking _________ Tea and finds it very good.
3. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
4. Jane is pleased that __________________ of "Sense and Sensibility" sell.
5. Jane is happy when "Sense and Sensibility" is advertised and happy with Miss Sharpe's flattery that "Pride and Prejudice" is read where?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)