|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she is bored.
(b) Because she is feeling better.
(c) Because she likes her neighbors.
(d) Because of the warm weather.
2. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
(a) The plain daughters.
(b) The beautiful daughters.
(c) The kind daughters.
(d) The mean daughters.
3. When does Jane retract this statement?
(a) She receives a commissioned biography for the prince regent.
(b) She receives a compliment from her mother regarding her last book.
(c) She receives a letter from Cassandra asking for a book.
(d) She receives a letter from Frank, warning of long intervals in his writing.
4. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(c) Step father.
(d) Distant cousin.
5. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
2. She is uncertain as to whether there will be a second edition of what novel?
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
5. James Stanier Clarke tells Jane that he was appointed what?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)