|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Misanthrope.
(c) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(d) Le Malade imaginaire.
2. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her work obligations.
(b) Her piano lessons.
(c) Her dance lessons.
(d) Her intended visits.
3. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
(b) Step father.
(c) Distant cousin.
4. Jane enjoys visiting Henry, though he has a pain where?
(a) In his leg.
(b) In his arm.
(c) In his chest.
(d) In his face.
5. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
(a) She does not like admirers.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She knows that Mary does not have any admirers.
(d) She means to confine herself exclusively to Tom Lefroy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Monday, a parcel from London arrives. Jane is grateful to Cassandra for the long letter and many gifts, and Mr. Austen is pleased with what?
2. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
3. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
4. She also states that she just found out that Mr. Crabbe was married when what happened?
5. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)