|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
(b) Write without interruption.
(c) Avoid many visits that she did not plan to enjoy.
2. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
3. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
4. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
(d) Not comfortable.
5. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) One hundred and fifty.
(b) Four hundred and fifty.
(c) Three hundred and fifty.
(d) Two hundred and fifty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
2. Jane receives a pleasing visit from whom, but is disappointed when he does not arrive on schedule?
3. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
4. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
5. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)