|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
(a) A governess.
(b) A school mistress.
(c) A maid.
(d) A librarian.
2. Jane writes Charles Thomas Haden to thank him for what?
(a) Publishing her book.
(b) Editing her book.
(c) Reading her book.
(d) Loaning her some books.
3. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
(a) Her dance lessons.
(b) Her intended visits.
(c) Her piano lessons.
(d) Her work obligations.
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Edward has already settled business there.
(b) Jane plans to settle business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do they plan to do this?
2. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
3. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
4. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
5. She visits the Fagg family and describes who?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)