|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane writes to James Stanier Clarke, asking permission to do what?
(a) Send him a copy of "Emma."
(b) Have "Emma" published.
(c) Write another novel.
(d) Dedicate "Emma" to the prince regent.
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
(a) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Mansfield Park.
(d) Sense and Sensibility.
3. Jane rejoices that her cold allowed her to do what?
(a) Avoid many visits that she did not plan to enjoy.
(d) Write without interruption.
4. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
5. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is too busy.
(c) She is in a poor mood.
(d) She is tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Edward's name change is finalized, from Austen to Knight, that of his _____________ who adopted him and left him an inheritance.
2. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
3. Jane is also displeased with the final chapter and advises her niece to stick to what she knows. What does she believe her niece knows?
4. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
5. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)