|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 131-140 dated December 11th, 1815 to April 21st, 1816.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) Poor weather.
(b) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(c) A late start.
(d) A cold.
2. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(b) Carpentry shop.
(d) Blacksmith shop.
3. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Her languor and illness.
(b) The poor weather.
(c) Missing Cassandra.
(d) Her earlier reluctance.
4. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
5. Jane tells John Murray that she is happy with Sir Walter Scott's review of "Emma" in the Quarterly Review, but she is displeased about what?
(a) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" is not mentioned.
(b) That no one else reviewed it.
(c) That is was so short.
(d) That the second edition of "Mansfield Park" did not have such a favorable review.
Short Answer Questions
1. John Murray advises Jane of what?
2. Jane prefers _________________ in terms of nursing her brother back to health.
3. When Mr. Austen inquires about Tom, she tells him that her nephew is studying for _____________ in London and sends his regrets to Mrs. Austen on her illness.
4. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
5. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)