|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "French friend."
(b) "Italian friend."
(c) "American friend."
(d) "Irish friend."
2. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
(a) The snow.
(b) The rain.
(c) The heat.
(d) The wind.
3. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
4. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
5. Jane believes that Henry will marry who soon?
(b) His Hanwell favorite.
(c) Miss Sharpe.
(d) A Duchess.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
2. She asks Cassandra's advice about what fashion?
3. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
4. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
5. She accepts an invitation to visit who and wants Cassandra to join her there?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)