|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A letter from Miss Pearson causes Jane to suspect the other lady of what?
(a) Matrimonial views.
2. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(c) Her mercantile business.
3. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
4. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
(a) "Irish friend."
(b) "Italian friend."
(c) "American friend."
(d) "French friend."
5. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(b) Interesting and intriguing.
(c) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
(d) Boring and a waste of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
2. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
3. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
4. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
5. Jane receives a descriptive letter from Frank, and a letter from Charles stating that what is awaiting orders?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)