|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jane call on most of their neighbors?
(a) Because she likes her neighbors.
(b) Because of the warm weather.
(c) Because she is feeling better.
(d) Because she is bored.
2. Fanny Knight praises what characters?
(a) Fanny Price and Edmund Bertram's.
(b) Elinor and Marianne Dashwood's.
(c) Anne Elliot and Frederick Wentworth's.
(d) Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy's.
3. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
(a) Four hundred and fifty.
(b) One hundred and fifty.
(c) Two hundred and fifty.
(d) Three hundred and fifty.
4. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
5. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
(a) The snow.
(b) The wind.
(c) The rain.
(d) The heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
2. She advises Fanny against marrying Mr. J. P. because of what reason?
3. Jane praises Anna's manuscript, comparing it to Burney's ____________.
4. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
5. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)