|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
2. Harriet is truly grieved over whose death?
(a) The Queen's.
(b) Her aunt's.
(c) Mrs. Budd's.
(d) The King's.
3. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
(a) Her marriage to Mr. Creed.
(b) Her comment about "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) Her behavior at the last ball.
(d) Her disapprobation of "Mansfield Park."
4. Edward does well at Chawton with what?
(c) Her mercantile business.
5. Jane plans to arrive at Goodnestone as Cassandra is leaving and to take her sister's place for several days. Jane's pleasant journey is offset by what?
(a) An agitation at her arrival at Goodnestone.
(b) A late start.
(c) Poor weather.
(d) A cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
2. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
3. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
4. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)