|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
(c) She misses Cassandra.
(d) She is bored.
2. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
(a) Cassandra is often too busy to write.
(b) To avoid disappointment.
(c) Cassandra is not consistent about writing.
(d) Jane forgets about Cassandra.
3. Jane demands that the father in her most recent story be what?
(d) Given more dialogue.
4. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
(a) Jane wants to be married.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) Jane loves his home.
(d) The good lady's interest in the matter.
5. Jane writes to her niece, Fanny Knight, declaring that she knows that Fanny is not what?
(a) Getting married.
(d) In love.
Short Answer Questions
1. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
2. Jane quips that she will comfort who?
3. Jane is thrilled with the praise that she hears about what novel from Lady Robert and Mr. Hastings?
4. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
5. Jane writes to Crosby, a publisher, complaining about what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)