|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jane not impressed with "The Farmer's Wife?"
(a) Because of all of the acting.
(b) Because of Miss S.'s dancing.
(c) Because of Miss S.'s monologue.
(d) Because of Miss S.'s singing and acting.
2. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) She has found a new job.
(b) Her family is moving out of the country.
(c) She will become a school mistress.
(d) She is engaged.
3. She is frightened at the thought that who wants to be introduced to her?
(a) Miss Bordeaux.
(b) Miss Bennett.
(c) Miss Burdett.
(d) Miss Babcock.
4. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Moving away from home.
(c) Staying away from home longer.
(d) Coming home so soon.
5. Jane goes to see the play "Isabella, or the Fatal Marriage" by David Garrick but is not pleased with what?
(a) The acting.
(b) The script.
(c) The lighting.
(d) The set.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane thinks that concealing the intended partnership with Martha Lloyd is __________, referring to Frank's intentions to marry Martha.
2. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
3. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
4. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
5. Jane's aunt and uncle offer James an allowance of ___________ pounds a year, and James plans to keep two more horses.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)