|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Robert.
(b) Sir Thomas.
(c) Sir Matthew.
(d) Sir John.
2. Was Anna's manuscript ever completed or published?
(a) No, never.
(b) No, not in its complete form.
(d) Yes, but only after her death.
3. Jane disdains Robert Southey's "Letters from England" as horribly ______________.
4. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Relaxing and peaceful.
(b) Strange but enjoyable.
(c) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(d) Fun and exciting.
5. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are too pretentious.
(b) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(c) They are dull and boring.
(d) They are too large and crowded.
Short Answer Questions
1. She hopes that Sir William will marry who?
2. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
3. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
4. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
5. Jane Austen writes to her sister, Cassandra, and recounts what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)