|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 111-120 dated November 24th, 1814 to September 29th, 1815.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She discusses Sir Joshua Reynold's _______________ and Henry Aston Baker's collection, "Triumph of Perspective".
(b) Female portraits.
(c) Still lifes.
2. The answer to number 27 is in reference to what book?
(a) Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal."
(b) Jonathan Swift's "A Journal to Stella."
(c) Jonathan Swift's "Drapier's Letters."
(d) Jonathan Swift's "Gulliver's Travels".
3. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) One hundred ten pounds.
(d) One thousand ten pounds.
4. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
5. Based on the plot in Anna's book, Jane jokes that Ben, Anna's husband, was in love with who first?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(b) Aunt Jane.
(c) Aunt Cassandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane praises Anna's manuscript, comparing it to Burney's ____________.
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. Jane writes to Anna Lefroy nee Austen that Mrs. Creed's opinion is now less important to her because of what reason?
4. Jane makes ___________ pounds from the sale of the books and the sale of the copyright.
5. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)