|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His unattractive cravats.
(b) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(c) His light-colored morning coat.
(d) His top hat.
2. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
(a) Her earlier reluctance.
(b) Her languor and illness.
(c) The poor weather.
(d) Missing Cassandra.
3. What happened to both Mrs. Coulthard and Anne?
(a) They both wrote books.
(b) They both died in childbirth.
(c) They both came for a visit.
(d) They both moved to America.
4. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Practical Piety.
(d) Mansfield Park.
5. Jane spends Tuesday in Bentinck Street with the Cookes, but she is unable to call on Miss Beckford because of what reason?
(a) The rain.
(b) The snow.
(c) The wind.
(d) The heat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
2. Jane has been pressured to stay with Mrs. Knight until September but desires to be home when?
3. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
4. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
5. Although Eliza is ill, she is still __________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)