|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
2. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Malade imaginaire.
(b) Le Misanthrope.
(c) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
4. Jane hopes to see Cassandra soon, and praises James as what?
(a) A great friend.
(b) A help around the house.
(c) A wonderful horseman.
(d) A useful "man of letters".
5. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
(a) Miss Seal's brother.
(b) Miss Seal's mother.
(c) Miss Seal's father.
(d) Miss Seal's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is disappointed that Cassandra is doing what?
2. Jane sees Miss Chamberlayne perform _____________, which reminds her of Miss Lefroy's performance.
3. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
4. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
5. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)