|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Speaking abilities.
(b) Writing abilities.
(c) Singing abilities.
(d) Acting abilities.
2. Why is Godmersham uncomfortable?
(a) Cassandra is not there.
(b) Jane has no friends.
(c) Jane must share a bed.
(d) Jane's room is small.
3. Jane is very busy making shirts for Edward, and she claims she is the ___________ worker.
4. Cassandra has a pleasant journey to Godmersham, but Jane worries. Why?
(a) Her last letter seemed unhappy.
(b) She was ill before she left.
(c) Jane wonders if Cassandra will ever return.
(d) She has not received a letter since Cassandra left home.
5. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) Ten pounds.
(b) One hundred ten pounds.
(c) One thousand ten pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
2. Jane praises her sister's ______________ writing in her last correspondence.
3. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
4. Jane is flattered by her sister's commendation of her writing since Jane "writes only for _______________".
5. When does Jane retract this statement?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)