|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frank plans to go to Godmersham while Cassandra visits _______________.
2. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
(a) Extraordinary things.
(b) Too much.
(d) Too little.
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
(b) Le Misanthrope.
(c) Le Malade imaginaire.
4. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
(b) They are too pretentious.
(c) They are dull and boring.
(d) They are too large and crowded.
5. A rumor circulates that Charles is bringing who home?
(a) The 'Queen.'
(b) The 'Witch.'
(c) The 'Goddess.'
(d) The 'Cleopatra.'
Short Answer Questions
1. She describes her plans for what book for the first time?
2. Jane writes her niece, Anna, and expresses her interest in the ______ family from Anna's novel, "Tarefield Abbey."
3. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
4. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
5. Jane writes to her cousin, Miss Walter Seal, in American to offer her condolences on the loss of who?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)