|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(a) Le Misanthrope.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(d) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
2. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) One thousand ten pounds.
(d) One hundred ten pounds.
3. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
(a) His top hat.
(b) His unattractive cravats.
(c) His navy blue dinner jacket.
(d) His light-colored morning coat.
4. Jane complains that people are ____________ in this neighborhood.
(a) Too poor and economical.
(b) Too dull and boring.
(c) Too shy and conventional.
(d) Too rambunctious and fashion-forward.
5. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
3. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
4. Jane wishes she could cancel what for the summer?
5. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)