|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are dull and boring.
(b) They are too pretentious.
(c) They are too large and crowded.
(d) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
2. Mrs. Austen finds her deceased husband's _________________ and wants Frank to accept them.
(a) Glasses, handkerchief, and shoe horn.
(b) Letters, bills, and gloves.
(c) Compass, sun-dial and scissors.
(d) Suspenders, comb, and toothbrush.
3. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(b) Come home to shoot.
(d) Give them an allowance.
4. She has read Sarah Harriet Burney's "Clarentine" and finds it how?
(a) Stupid and filled with unnatural conduct.
(b) Surprising and filled with unusual events.
(c) Boring and a waste of time.
(d) Interesting and intriguing.
5. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Writing abilities.
(b) Speaking abilities.
(c) Singing abilities.
(d) Acting abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane has tea with the Tilsons but is unable to go see a play because of what reason?
2. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
3. Jane writes to offer her condolences to Edward on the death of who?
4. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
5. Why has Jane been practicing her music instead of writing?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)