|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane dissuades Cassandra from asking who to escort her to Steventon?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(b) Sir John.
(c) Sir Matthew.
(d) Sir Robert.
2. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(a) Practical Piety.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mansfield Park.
3. Mrs. Austen and Jane want to settle in at Chawton before October when Henry will do what?
(c) Give them an allowance.
(d) Come home to shoot.
4. Why does Cassandra need not worry about Penlingtons?
(a) Mr. Austen plans to settle business there.
(b) Jane plans to settle business there.
(c) Mrs. Austen has already settled business there.
(d) Edward has already settled business there.
5. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One hundred ten pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) One thousand ten pounds.
(d) One hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Austens' journey to Kent will include Frank if he is not ____________ at the time.
2. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. She praises Tom, mentioning that his only fault is what?
5. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)