|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Egerton pays how much for "Pride and Prejudice?"
(a) One hundred pounds.
(b) One hundred ten pounds.
(c) Ten pounds.
(d) One thousand ten pounds.
2. Jane has a pleasant journey to Paragon where she has what?
(a) Her own suite.
(b) Her own bathroom.
(c) Her own horse.
(d) Her own room.
3. Jane is grieved at whose death?
(a) Mrs. Budd's.
(b) The Queen's.
(c) The King's.
(d) Her aunt's.
4. Jane finds the parties stupid for what reason?
(a) They are dull and boring.
(b) They are too large and crowded.
(c) They are too pretentious.
(d) They are so small, and she thinks the people are disagreeable.
5. Jane quotes Hester Piozzi in "Letters to and from the late Samuel Johnson" in praise of Mr. Deedes' __________.
(a) Speaking abilities.
(b) Singing abilities.
(c) Acting abilities.
(d) Writing abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is pleased to tell Cassandra what about their mother?
2. Jane receives a copy of her "own darling child" from London, referring to the publication of what novel?
3. Jane discusses the plans for moving ____________ with Cassandra and tells her that their aunt is happy about the Austens' moving.
4. The house at Bath is finally cleared out and is quite _________.
5. Jane and Mrs. Austen are currently in a house in Seymour Street, but Jane went with her uncle to look at two pleasing houses where?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)