|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anne give notice to discontinue her employment for the Austens?
(a) Her family is moving out of the country.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She will become a school mistress.
(d) She has found a new job.
2. Jane is happy with the recent publication of what?
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) Practical Piety.
(d) Mansfield Park.
3. Mrs. Austen plans to move where?
(a) To Daventry.
(b) To Birchwood.
(c) To Alton.
(d) To London.
4. Jane feels certain that Frank's promotion would have solicited more appointments if he had been where at the time?
(a) In England.
(b) In America.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In France.
5. She does not intend to accept her aunt's invitation to what?
(a) The Grand Sydney-Garden Dinner.
(b) The Grand Sydney-Garden Opera.
(c) The Grand Sydney-Garden Ball.
(d) The Grand Sydney-Garden Breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane's quarters in Bath are _____________, and she travels to Godmersham.
2. Jane is thrilled that Cassandra plans to do what?
3. She refers to her work, "First Impressions", which would later become what novel?
4. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
5. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)