|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jane is tired of writing and does not intend to write for how long?
(a) Many days.
(b) Many weeks.
(c) Many hours.
(d) Many months.
2. Jane stays at Goodnestone until Monday and hopes that Edward will fetch her for what reason?
(a) Since his health is better now.
(b) Since he will be in town.
(c) Since he has said he will come to fetch her.
(d) Since he is coming to visit Goodnestone.
3. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
(b) Le Malade imaginaire.
(c) Le Misanthrope.
(d) L'Avare ou L'Ã‰cole du mensonge.
4. Jane attends a small ball with only thirty-one people. There are twenty dances, and Jane dances _______ of them.
5. The Austens' household articles have been ___________ finally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jane is pleased by Ly Gordon's manners, but thinks Ly Elizabeth and Miss Hatton have _________ to say.
2. Jane laments losing what of her mother's?
3. A lady interrupts Jane's writing to inquire about hiring Anne as what?
4. Jane is enjoying the beauty of Southampton despite what?
5. Why does Jane not expect letters from Cassandra until she receives them?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)