|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letters 71-80 dated April 25th, 1811 to February 4th, 1813.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Austen offers his ____________ to James Digweed but is refused.
(a) Carpentry shop.
(d) Blacksmith shop.
2. Jane was alone with Mr. Holder at Ashe Park for ten minutes, which was very _______________.
(a) Strange but enjoyable.
(b) Uncomfortable and awkward.
(c) Relaxing and peaceful.
(d) Fun and exciting.
3. Jane jokingly wishes Edward a "happy thirtieth birthday", although it is actually his ____________ birthday.
4. Why is Jane anxious to go home?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She misses Cassandra.
(d) There has been a lot of company at Mrs. Knight's house.
5. Who is dangerously ill?
(a) Mrs. Austen.
(b) Mrs. Leigh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Knight promotes a match between Jane and Mr. Papillon, and Jane jokes that she will marry him despite his or her own reluctance because of what reason?
2. Jane sees Isaac Bickerstaffe's play, "The Hypocrite", which is taken from Moliere's _____________.
3. Jane generously allows Mary all of her former admirers for what reason?
4. Jane is pleased with Miss Fletcher for drinking her tea without ______________ and for her admiration of "Camilla".
5. Jane was disappointed that Charles Fowle was not in attendance, but glad that her_____________, Tom Lefroy was there.
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)